• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Abby Normal

Recruit
3 Badges
Aug 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Showdown Effect
Leviathans starts,
I get the windowing dialog
side bar and main screen open
I have no online account for this game - yet
I click "play offline"
the sidebar disappears
I get dialog to choose/create a game.
it is as expected (first time playing) empty
I click "Create Game"
select 'Campaign', arctic serpents or tutorial
click 'create'
I have am left with a screen showing some water and shore line including a light house and a pair of shipping lane bouys, music playing.

End of game.

nothing moves, no options to create a ship, no key or mouse action does anything.
OS X 10.6.8
iMac mid-2010 16gb RAM

some help here, or it looks like I just wasted money on this

Leviathans starts,
I get the windowing dialog
side bar and main screen open
I click "play offline"
the sidebar disappears
I click "Create Game"
click 'create'
I have am left with a screen showing some water and shore line including a light house and a pair of shipping lane bouys, music playing.

End of game.

nothing moves, no options to create a ship, no key or mouse action does anything.
OS X 10.6.8
iMac mid-2010 16gb RAM

some help here, or it looks like I just wasted money on this
I'll try to help. Just going to follow your steps. Brb.

EDIT:
You should get one, the multiplayer is so very very fun. The single player is an ok run too though.

I click "play offline"
the sidebar disappears
That shouldn't happen. You should have a sidebar with buttons on the top (exit and options) and two big "buttons" saying PLAY and ARCHIVE.

I click "Create Game"
click 'create'

So far, so good.

You should see a "matchmaking" screen, that says Game1 in the corner, fleet size, your username (default: Admiral) and some random text. When you then click Ready in the bottom right corner there should be a loading screen into Mission Briefing. There you would click Launch and THEN the game should start. The shore line and light house is the correct map, however.

Last edited:
Make an online account and lets do a co-op campaign!

I am a PC user so am of little assistance... but that is definitely not supposed to happen. The screen with water/shore/light house is the default background screen for when you're flipping through the menus.

ok -
so I created an online account - and the game appears to be playable - I have not yet done so yet.
HOWEVER -
OFFLINE play does not work <period>.
I end up in the exact same place as I initially described.

Also quitting fails too. I have to force quit the game.