• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad it worked. Cheers. :)

My own observations from a game started as Germany under 1.04 are as follows:

1. Italy seems to have a bit of a problem making intelligent event choices. They had not finished off Ethiopia by the time the SCW fired, and they then chose to send Massive Aid To The Nationalists, who still have yet to dig them out of their hidey-holes around the Barcelona-Bilbao corridor. This is with the French refusing to aid the Republic at all. The sanctions resultant from this have sent Italy into a Tailspin, with them not managing to get into Addis Abbada by the end of 1937.

2. It seems to me that the German economy seems to be rather out of wack. For one, there doesn't seem to be enough IC avaliable to be building things on a timeline that seems all that historically correct, particularly if one is thinking about building the Bismarcks with their double-digit IC costs. I can either build one serial each of fighters/bombers or a Panzer Division, along with a Infantry Korps, and this is before worrying about pumping up Infrastructure anywhere or looking at the Kriegsmarine.

3. I also hold the distinct suspicion that the German artificial oil/rubber events are bugged, as the event effects are listed as changing resource production numbers by % instead of absolute numbers, and the event completing the Synth. Oil plant in Dresden, for instance, does absolutely nothing to oil production there, despite the event effects seeming to suggest something should happen.

Is there any work on some sort of hot-fix for 1.04?

There's a revision of the 0.4.9 release for AoD in the works. As I understand things, it's being developed in the wake of the 0.41 upgrade to CORE for Arma and will incorporate both the changes made there and fixes for the issues identified with AoD 1.04.

The synth oil/rare events are working with integer values, the % value is jut a display error.
You should see a small drop in energy production in Dresden and a smaller increase of oil production. If you don't see anything displayed, please hover over the oil production item to see more details. It either goes from negative to posivite production or the increase is so small (through policy, industrial efficiency, peacetime Ic modifier) so it stay at zero oil production (if you don't hiover over the province's oil production).
There's also a Core 0.49 quickfixes thread here with soem modified files for 1.04 compatibility and to fix some smaller errors.

Actually, even when hovering over the oil symbol, there were one or two of them that really didn't affect anything oil-production-wise. It was in one of the provinces that was not producing any before the event, and then continued to produce 0.00 after the event, though energy did decrease.

The first Dresden event works fine: Dresden starts with +4 energy and -2 oil base production, after the event it had +0.5 energy and zero oil base production. The event reduced energy by 3.5 and raised oil by two.
Remember, these events alter the base resource production of a province, not what you are actually receiving from the province (modified via tech, infrastructure and some other factors). If you're at peace the production will be below the base production, after mobilization it should be higher than base production.
Hovering over any resource field shows you three values like 95/99 (200). First is effective production, 99 is max production at current tech levels/modifiers and 200 is base production.