Nobody knows how to use the game and nobody is playing coop

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(797812)

Recruit
2 Badges
Aug 31, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
I'm sick of people leaving their game open when they have already left. Use the "disband" button if you aren't going to stay in games you created. Every time I join there's a long list of people who typed "hello", waited for 5 mins, then realized the host doesn't know how to use this game.

I'm sick of people who don't know there's a chat button on the top right of the screen. Hell it flashes when a message arrives how can you not see! Every single game the players do not know I'm telling them "don't wander into my cone of fire". DON'T PARK YOUR SHIP IN FRONT OF MY RAIL GUN!!!

And nobody is playing coop. All I see are death matches. Every game. And 10 out of 10 of them will be 0/4 players meaning the host left without disbanding the game. The 1 game (that comes along once every decade or so) that actually has a present host is too impatient to allow me to mod my fleet before starting and I get kicked after 5 seconds, even though I announce that I'm modifying my fleet.

I'm done. Single player was fun while it lasted. Goodbye Jazz Boatman.

you should really have your fleets edited prior to joining a game. I use matchmaker when I play, but that's just me. If you give the game a chance you'll find that it's a great game to play.

It is a great game. And I did make a bunch of prefab fleets. Except there's nobody online:
55si.jpg

Just now a player joined, then left without clicking on "leave". So he's taking up the spot without actually being in my game. Problem isn't with the game. Problem is with the (lack of) players. The few who do play seem not to know the basic operations of the game (or are intentionally troll-boating us).

Also, does no one want to play coop?

me personally, never been interested in co-op... Granted I haven't been on in a couple nights, but it always seems better to us matchmaking to get into a match than creating a game, unless you use matchmaking for what you create also. Just checked a bit ago, and the most popular server Lev1 had almost 100 on, so there are people playing.