Nobody expects the Spanish expedition!: Part III - Revelling in sunk costs*

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will it be possible to overtake Britain's navy in HOD? I did so as Japan in AHD, and I'm concerned I won't be able to again...

Avindan thanks a lot for an informative and colourful little AAR teaser I look forward to your first full HOD AAR.

The USA loses New York in August, which would be a crippling blow in AHD. They'd have to fight France again to get it back. But after a bit of time in HOD...

frenchcrisis.jpg

How come there are only six GPs deciding on this crisis?

Because the other non-north American powers don't have to get involved.

And there is a simple reason why the French keep taking New York: they're getting proactive revenge for all the "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey" jokes.

Will it be possible to overtake Britain's navy in HOD? I did so as Japan in AHD, and I'm concerned I won't be able to again...

I don't see why not -- I mean, it won't be easy, but it isn't supposed to be.

Avindan thanks a lot for an informative and colourful little AAR teaser I look forward to your first full HOD AAR.

Thanks!

Because the other non-north American powers don't have to get involved.

And there is a simple reason why the French keep taking New York: they're getting proactive revenge for all the "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey" jokes.

Exactly. :)