• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great! Another AAR to put mine to shame.

You're too kind.

Subscribed :).

Great!

The Polish always cause international crises.

Yes. Yes they do. :)

HEART OF DARKNESS HEART OF DARKNESS

How does the crisis system feel? Is it as dynamic as it looks if you're the GP in charge?

It's a lot more fun as the guy in charge, certainly. :)

It does now though :) Its based on largest 2 pop cultures in the area (assumign they are big enough), but it adds the masters cultures as well to accepted

Shouldn't the masters culture be the primary? If I peacefully release a dominion, I'll make sure the rulling elite is of the same culture as the metropolitan elite.

I'll let podcat deal with this query.

Very informative AAR, I like it. Many thanks for doing this.

Could you tell us how much these new mechanics have affected the balance of power in the world (I'm looking at you, Britain)?

Very informative AAR, I like it. Many thanks for doing this.

Could you tell us how much these new mechanics have affected the balance of power in the world (I'm looking at you, Britain)?

It's hard to say -- whenever I do the last update, I'll definitely post a world map.

Subscribed, with no doubt.

Great!

Shouldn't the masters culture be the primary? If I peacefully release a dominion, I'll make sure the rulling elite is of the same culture as the metropolitan elite.
Don't release dominions until your culture is large enough to be the primary, after all in the British case most of the 'non-white' dominions were not 'released' until late into the games timeframe

Don't release dominions until your culture is large enough to be the primary, after all in the British case most of the 'non-white' dominions were not 'released' until late into the games timeframe

South Africa was released in 1910 and never had a white majority. I know I can simply wait until the majority becomes of my own culture, but I shouldn't have to. It's not at all plausible that european colonial powers would release dominions governed by the natives.

Great!

South Africa was released in 1910 and never had a white majority. I know I can simply wait until the majority becomes of my own culture, but I shouldn't have to. It's not at all plausible that european colonial powers would release dominions governed by the natives.

You aren't required to release dominions at any point; it's entirely your decision.

Precisely; I think that the dominion countries should inherit your primary culture as their primary culture and any of their cultures as accepted cultures along with your accepted cultures.

Like I'm playing as Germany... I release Hungary and they inherit North German as a primary culture and accepted cultures being South German and Hungarian. This would be pretty historical since countries would never let dominions/colonies govern themselves... as seen with the policy of whites-only as presidents of South Africa.

You aren't required to release dominions at any point; it's entirely your decision.

I'm sure I'll want to release them because I'm such a good guy ;) I really like the idea of leading a commonwealth, it's one of the features I'm most interested in, and it just seems so obvious that the ruling elite should be the same as the master's that I was surprised to hear otherwise. Anyway, should probably be easy to mod right?

I'm sure I'll want to release them because I'm such a good guy ;) I really like the idea of leading a commonwealth, it's one of the features I'm most interested in, and it just seems so obvious that the ruling elite should be the same as the master's that I was surprised to hear otherwise. Anyway, should probably be easy to mod right?

Precisely; I was hoping for the same.

The German Empire has not decided who to support. Their interest in supporting The United Kingdom: -100
Ally: +100
Political considerations: -500

+100 - 500 = -100......I see......

Is German literacy like 0%? :p :D

Precisely; I think that the dominion countries should inherit your primary culture as their primary culture and any of their cultures as accepted cultures along with your accepted cultures.

Like I'm playing as Germany... I release Hungary and they inherit North German as a primary culture and accepted cultures being South German and Hungarian. This would be pretty historical since countries would never let dominions/colonies govern themselves... as seen with the policy of whites-only as presidents of South Africa.

Precisely; I was hoping for the same.

You make some reasonable points.

This crisis thing is really cool! Way cooler than the old system!

I certainly like it!

Another great AAR :) Always a pleasure to read your impressions/adventures Avindian!

Thanks very much.

The German Empire has not decided who to support. Their interest in supporting The United Kingdom: -100
Ally: +100
Political considerations: -500

+100 - 500 = -100......I see......

Is German literacy like 0%? :p :D

I guess there is some value of +400 due to interlateral relations or just a base value for balancing issues.