• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I look forward to seeing how the scramble turns out, and especially how the naval requirements for colonial points affect it.

Question: had the Poland crisis continued and the UK won, would Poland have gotten every Russian state on which it had cores, or just as many free state CBs as the UK could enforce?

I promise, I will get around to an MotE AAR eventually. Would you believe I've only played one half-finished game of it? :eek:

I don't believe it, but if you say so... ;)

Now I see why your other AAR was put on hold. I'm excited to see the new features of HoD from my favourite AAR writer. ;)

Cool aar! I'm just wondering. This new colonization system makes it harder to take the whole of Africa right?>

If my understanding of all the various HoD stuff I've read is correct, one of the primary goals of the new colonization system is indeed to prevent a single country from colonizing every available piece of land.

If my understanding of all the various HoD stuff I've read is correct, one of the primary goals of the new colonization system is indeed to prevent a single country from colonizing every available piece of land.

From what the OP said beelining certain key techs is no longer enough since the ability to colonise will spread through 'Colonial Negotiations' to your competitors.

I wonder why Spanish newspaper writes about wolfpack in Siberia :laugh:. Anyway I'm following.

Great!

A pity it is not Wednesday. The expansion looks better and better

It's not too long a wait for you, I hope!

Cool aar! I'm just wondering. This new colonization system makes it harder to take the whole of Africa right?>

On the whole, yes. More on that in the next update.

I look forward to seeing how the scramble turns out, and especially how the naval requirements for colonial points affect it.

Question: had the Poland crisis continued and the UK won, would Poland have gotten every Russian state on which it had cores, or just as many free state CBs as the UK could enforce?

Poland gets every Polish core Russia possesses.

I don't believe it, but if you say so... ;)

:)

Now I see why your other AAR was put on hold. I'm excited to see the new features of HoD from my favourite AAR writer. ;)

Great! Thanks for the kind words!

Are you not allowed to see what the crisis is even about before you choose whether or not to declare an interest in it?

You can, I just chose not to.

Very true.

From what the OP said beelining certain key techs is no longer enough since the ability to colonise will spread through 'Colonial Negotiations' to your competitors.

Yes; there's a great chance you can't control effectively who colonizes.

Great read. I was worried Spain would get crushed by Russia's ally France if it did come to war.

Thanks very much!

Poor Poland. It's like a mouse in a room full of cats that aren't particularly hungry at the moment.

How many allies would the Dutch have brought to the table if it had gone all the way to a Crisis?

Very probably. :)

Is colonization completely unrelated to life rating now? (Or does life rating no longer exist?)

Life rating is still part of the game; I'll make sure to highlight that in the next update.

Great to see in depth coverage of HOD's features... thanks Avindian.

No problem!

I love the realism with this new colonisation and naval system.

i dunno, the colonization system seems a bit to complicated especially since its based on ur navy infrastructure and remembering to build ports is a pain.

Seems that way but previously, you just needed the right techs and then you can colonize tons of places with your National Focus as your only limit. So UK can potentially own all of Africa, Australia and Oceania region if tech rush and spam 1k Dreadnoughts basically. So this limitation is to balance the various colonizing powers and force you to pick colonies to administrate and limiting naval powers quite a bit. In game, having 1k Dreadnought isn't realistic while pre-WW2 has UK at about nearly 400 warships (most light cruisers and destroyers). So some kind of limit on naval arms is needed and naval infrastructure is looking real nice solution to that gameplay problem.

Great overview! I can't wait for HoD!

Neither can I. :)

i dunno, the colonization system seems a bit to complicated especially since its based on ur navy infrastructure and remembering to build ports is a pain.

They've got some new tooltips and icons to help you remember some parts; I'll try to go over this more in detail in the next update.

I love the realism with this new colonisation and naval system.

I do too!

Seems that way but previously, you just needed the right techs and then you can colonize tons of places with your National Focus as your only limit. So UK can potentially own all of Africa, Australia and Oceania region if tech rush and spam 1k Dreadnoughts basically. So this limitation is to balance the various colonizing powers and force you to pick colonies to administrate and limiting naval powers quite a bit. In game, having 1k Dreadnought isn't realistic while pre-WW2 has UK at about nearly 400 warships (most light cruisers and destroyers). So some kind of limit on naval arms is needed and naval infrastructure is looking real nice solution to that gameplay problem.

1k Dreadnoughts is an impossibility, even for the UK, so that's some good news.

Note: I had to replay much of the first few years of the game, as a new beta build was released that fixed some bugs, important bugs as a matter of fact. I won't go into detail, but I did my very best to try to repeat my steps. The result should be a more realistic and satisfying Scramble for Africa, as you'll see on Wednesday!

1k Dreadnoughts is an impossibility, even for the UK, so that's some good news.

Note: I had to replay much of the first few years of the game, as a new beta build was released that fixed some bugs, important bugs as a matter of fact. I won't go into detail, but I did my very best to try to repeat my steps. The result should be a more realistic and satisfying Scramble for Africa, as you'll see on Wednesday!

I think they've fixed the system so that you can only high-level naval units in high-level naval base, which would seem realistic enough...