• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alunny

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
Aug 4, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I've been sitting here for 4 hours trying to build a building that can't be finished because the foundations won't order or the trucks are stuck off screen or something? When I wave over unfinished bits it shows red lines going off the screen to the right away from the roads. The workers swarm so much to each task and then stop and start all the time so they look like they're doing jerky zigzags all at once like some bizarre flashmob because they all run for the next job until a worker beats them. Most of them do nothing at all so I fired almost all of them thinking there was too many and it was slowing them down, and it didn't help at all because they're only half the problem. You need a reserve system like Rimworld has for workmen or some other solution because this doesn't work :(. Worse it's been hours and they still haven't built simple cells which brings me to the other half of the problem. None of the trucks with items come until every wall has been built, then they order by quickbuild section and it's a complete nightmare. When did trucks stop delivering all things ordered? They also ignore priority building, when I prioritised the left foundation they were still building the right one.

I tried without mods and I also tried a repair of the game, neither helped. This is also my fourth or so attempt with the mods I wanted on it because I hoped the repair would fix it. Then I thought I could outsmart it with more workers, it wasn't until this save that I realised the supplies weren't being delivered and that's why they weren't building the foundations. Deleting and redrawing it also doesn't work but it helps with a couple of squares a time (and I do mean a few, I have redrawn it 3 times in this save).

I'm really excited for the next update and I can't even play this one, please fix this it's been a problem since the game first came out and it's just got to be fixed now. How can anyone play like this? :( Please load my save and see for yourself this is crazy. Yes THIS save has mods, the other attempts did not and I did a game repair, assumed that would fix it and added back in the mods I wanted. It's happening on mod free saves too.

Attachments

• Prison.rar
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Hmm, first of all, thank you for providing a save file! I loaded up the save file and see what you mean. Have you tried to create a new prison without the mods and do the same thing? Sadly a lot of the mods on the workshop is outdated and can cause a lot of issues even if you deactivate them and then reload the prison you started on with mods.

Do you have a save file with the same issue without any mods that you can send us?

I have (I got so frustrated I removed all mods) and it's not as bad but still happening for me, I had to place 2 foundations off to the side to get the missing materials (admittedly the 2nd may have been impatience and an abundance of caution). Unfortunately it's now a fully built prison so my save won't help (I can still send if you like), but it was doing the same thing: materials were being referenced off the edges of the map and it was saying it failed several times to build areas (which is not clear until you hover over them - also they are hard to find so it's not easy). It took hours for 300 workmen to build one large foundation and a big wall around it. It's crazy how much time is spent waiting and not able to play. I had it set to speed 1, but also used speed 2 intermittently because if you use 3 it bugs out after a while and does the jerky thing which slows everyone down, I assume because so many people. Also swarming is worse on higher speeds.

How long does it take you on speed 1 to build a foundation on the entire large map? I'd start there, and see if everything is being delivered.