No new DLCs on SteamDB means the next stuff will be Cities 2.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(...)any new expansions (...) Mr Fox_NS_CAN :) you must have been really tired.... or worse - distracted ;) ;)

Huge rush actually, I was about to pack the laptop and leave for work and took a last quick look at the forum. (Tired too though, maybe 5 hours sleep!)
Back to the boat yesterday morning. Out to sea today. (Crappy slow internet!)

You are correct, the *new* expansions are only 25% off in the sale.

When they reach 50% off, they won't be new any more though, so really, you'll never get new expansions at 50% off. ;)

Never I could understand bad critics on CS/DLC's prices when I compare with others like EA.... but that"s another topic i guess...

• 2Like
Reactions:
... (Cut for Brevity)
5 millions copies sold, the only modern City Builder avaiable in the market, huge community and yet they handle it like a minor indie mobile game nobody knows.

Even EA with all its flaws try to push hard its franchises like The Sims with very little gap between content and infos.

Colossal Order should try to make deals with SEGA or some other strategy-games publisher who actually knows how to give visibility to its most valued products.

I would go a different route. I would get a featured spot/booth at E3 (June in Las Vegas), and have both members of the Development and Marketing teams there for the unveil. I would also approach a small number of the best Community Modders and Youtubers to fly out as well, with advanced Beta copies and self-made videos they can air and discuss. Focus on both the game, and the breadth of personalized experiences and assets people can create (and how its changed).

And, a June rollout at E3 is perfect for a November (Christmas) release. After the initial roll-out, for example, they could have a new announcement of additional context every 2-4 weeks (depending if they want fewer, major previews or more, smaller previews). Of course, they could also handle the post-announcement and pre-launch marketing by having some of the best known and watched youtubers start publishing new city builds using the new game. If they limit what the youtubers can use based upon the games milestones and a roll-out plan, Colossal Order could do a short 3-5 minute video of each milestones new features every 2 weeks and then we could immediately go watch different youtubers integrating those assets into their city. Heck, the content creators (see below) could also be releasing videos of their content packs and describing/showing how the new asset creator/map editor is improved over the current asset creator/map editor.

Throughout that time as well they could actually sign deals with community content creators to release their own asset packs in conjunction with the game release. Why? Money! If one presumes that the base game will again have the basic "American" and "European" design styles (maybe even a third "Asian" style), some of these content packs could be based on specific cities or architectural styles. Think about a "Brooklyn Rowhouse", "Parisian Flats," "Classic Victorian," "Southwestern Pueblo," or "Modern Japanese." Basically, they would be complete District Styles with unique Residential, Commercial, Industrial, and Office buildings. Not enough different buildings for an entire City, but perfect to use in parts of the city to show the "old center" and "older suburbs." Content that many would love to buy, but also many may not want to spend the extra money on. Heck, there could also be a "Map/Scenario Pack" consisting of 8-12 maps from a collection of the best regarded map creators that includes high-quality maps and corresponding scenarios. This would also increase the revenue for Colossal Order at launch without increasing expenses or time needed to reach launch. And, many who initially buy only the base game may come back in 2, 3, or 5 months after seeing some videos or photos and decide to buy the additional content, providing an increased revenue stream between launch and the first DLC.

The only real costs associated with this would be costs associated with E3. The rest is all based upon utilizing existing relationships between content creators and youtube stars to increase outreach and excitement. And, it would fit in great (schedule wise) with either a November 2021 (possible) or November 2022 (more likely) launch.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If it does happen, then it should have console support, so maybe full 8-core/16-thread support as well. That would be double the power the game can currently handle. And if full DX12/Vulcan optimized, a possible 50% agent increase on that. That would be 80k + 80k + 80k, or about 240k agents roaming the streets. That might be too many for me.

Maybe a much smarter AI. Know of clogged roads at spawn time for better route? Maybe recalculate routes every so often to find a better route? Maybe have a stat for unemployed workers in buildings, so we will know where to expand jobs.

I like the idea of having a booth at E3 for marketing & demoing the game there as well best community modders and YouTubers being involved so they can demo the game as well to explain their views on it. As Cities Skylines is not a small game anymore, its currently the biggest city building game on the market. I think it can be announced at a digital event this year, it can be small teaser type reveal as showing a picture or a small video clip with some text saying ‘Coming Soon’ or something like that. The quietness from the CS people & Paradox regarding the game makes me believe it can be announced soon, and reveal will come later.

Looking at 2021 launch titles, for now Paradox really doesn’t have many. I see Vampires Bloodlines 2 is scheduled to be released for next year though with the current situation going on with that game, it is bit doubtful. They were silent for around 10 months and popped in when Sunset Harbor was announced (it was leaked before anyway) and then again have disappeared as soon as it was released. I think work on the current version has stopped and they are working on the sequel for around an year now with full force. They have all the knowledge and skills to make a worthy sequel. If we don’t see anything by this or next month, then chances are all announcements will come next year.

As we know CO only works on the PC version of the game, and porting to consoles is done by others. I feel it could be like the current version, it will come on PC first then eventually landing on next gen consoles, which are of course more powerful then the current ones. I know due to Covid19 situation, development might have slowed a bit, but still it might delay for few months and I don’t see delay being that long. Also Finland has really low cases and situation is quite in control for now. And they have option of working remotely as well.

So these are my two cents, and reading and judging by all the stuff, these are my assumptions I have come up with. Of course, we don’t know what the final plans are or how much they can change. Still, I feel these are the most rational ones I have come up with. Let’s see what happens and what future holds for Cities Skylines 2.

I very appreciate CD Projekt RED's mindset when it comes to being open and honest to gamers. The Cyberpunk 2077 was firstly announced in 2013! And despite so long waiting time the preorder reached Top 1 on Steam. I don't know what CO (or more likely - Paradox) is afraid of to speak loudly on their plans regarding C:S(2). Seriously, I can't see any good reason - please share with me if one came up with any.

Also, keep in mind there's Paradox Tectonic Studio which is likely working on Sims-like game. Maybe there will be some coupling between C:S2 and the upcoming The Cims game?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
50%???
I think you lost at least one zero there ;)

I hope so, I know when Vulkan was released they claimed it would free up a lot of the multi-threading routines and figured an optimal 1,000% improvement, but about 50% overall average. Plus that was 5-years ago. So hopefully 500% average by now. That would be awesome.

That would be awesome
That would be worth of waiting for... not just a mere 50%... or 100% ;)

But I wouldn't bet on the lack of news on steamDB ... all is possibly delayed - first Sunset Harbour was delayed as they wanted to please us with trolleybuses :) not it's pandemic... we'll see what's next on line :)

I've already been disappointed few times.

Dear glob, I hope that isn't the case.

Would love Cities Skylines 2, but I'd settle for an immersive RPG set in CityWokCityWall's Mars colony :p . Maybe something like Disco Elysium in terms of gameplay.

Also, keep in mind there's Paradox Tectonic Studio which is likely working on Sims-like game. Maybe there will be some coupling between C:S2 and the upcoming The Cims game?
Wow. I didn't know that. Would be good to have a The Sims competitor.

Reactions:
I hope there's more DLCs. CS2 is not going to have all of the features as CS+ all DLCs. Will probably take years to accumulate all of the features that CS has now. I hope they don't pull a simcity 2013 where the graphics improve but you get a tiny area for CS2.

Reactions:
I don't think there will be any more DLC for the current version as the fact and there has been only one DLC this year and one in previous year. Also they have pretty much stated that they have expanded the game as much as they can on the current engine and now they can only focus mostly on eye candy stuff and not much all gameplay mechanics as it will require changing the whole dynamics of the game which is not possible on the current engine the game is working on and they would have to start from the beginning.

With Sunset Harbour it was pretty much evident that they were unable to add any gameplay related stuff to the game and hence they were only able to add few things that were requested by the fans previously and which focused more on eye candy rather than gameplay. I agree that it won't be possible to add all the features which exists on the current version but I am willing to wait and have DLCs that add meaningful and game relevant stuff to the game instead of adding just eye candy things. These are my two cents.

Reactions:
I hope there's more DLCs. CS2 is not going to have all of the features as CS+ all DLCs. Will probably take years to accumulate all of the features that CS has now. I hope they don't pull a simcity 2013 where the graphics improve but you get a tiny area for CS2.

Definitely not smaller. maybe have all tiles unlockable from the start. Maybe same size map, or maybe they'll add a ring or two.

With consoles release any day, maybe the next version will support 8-core/16-thread CPUs. and hopefully it is about finished and will release with the consoles! I know, wishful thinking.

I don't think there will be any more DLC for the current version as the fact and there has been only one DLC this year and one in previous year. Also they have pretty much stated that they have expanded the game as much as they can on the current engine and now they can only focus mostly on eye candy stuff and not much all gameplay mechanics as it will require changing the whole dynamics of the game which is not possible on the current engine the game is working on and they would have to start from the beginning.

With Sunset Harbour it was pretty much evident that they were unable to add any gameplay related stuff to the game and hence they were only able to add few things that were requested by the fans previously and which focused more on eye candy rather than gameplay. I agree that it won't be possible to add all the features which exists on the current version but I am willing to wait and have DLCs that add meaningful and game relevant stuff to the game instead of adding just eye candy things. These are my two cents.
I remember reading about it on the forum, I'm sorry I don't remember exactly where. But it was pretty much evident that the game cannot be further expanded without starting from scratch.
I really hope so. The game is really starting to show its cracks.