No more salt in religious league for no reason :')

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrSira

Recruit
27 Badges
May 23, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
When the Ottoman joins Austria for no reason.
When Spain has Austria as rival, protestant league member as allies but joins Austria.
When Russia and Prussia are trusted allies but Russia betrays his old alliance to join their rival.
(When your only great power ally France decides to move his unit in stack of 1k More SALT PLS)

So why AI join their ennemy to kill their allies ?
And for Ottomans and Russia, they don't have any interest to join the religious league. It's a war between catholic and protestant
Don't tell me "it's geopolitical", AUSTRIA, OTTOMAN Are you kidding me
Btw I already saw the pope ally ottoman.. An ideological country which does realpolitik perhaps ?

Here are my suggestions:
-Papal State CAN NOT ally heretic/pagan . (Or he don't have reason to exist anymore)
-Outsider country like Russia or ottoman CAN NOT join a league. (They can ally the leader if they have interest but religious league member really ? )
-A protestant or reformed country has to have malus to join the catholic league same for catholic who joins protestants. (Malus in relation with other country, pope, stability problem)
-For example bohemia is fully converted but not the prince, He should have more problem even with its own army. Its soldier are converted too.

Yaaas I'm very salty from my last game haha.But you have to admit that makes no sense, ottoman with Habsburg. Traitors who join their ennemy for no reason, no gain.

NB: Sorry for my English. Hope you will understand me :)
And I really really hope they adjust with the emperor dlc but it's a bit late no ? hahah
Have fun (if you can ;) )

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Here are my suggestions:
-Papal State CAN NOT ally heretic/pagan . (Or he don't have reason to exist anymore)
-Outsider country like Russia or ottoman CAN NOT join a league. (They can ally the leader if they have interest but religious league member really ? )
-A protestant or reformed country has to have malus to join the catholic league same for catholic who joins protestants. (Malus in relation with other country, pope, stability problem)

The issue here is that the first half of the conflict was religious and the second half was political, with Cardinal Richelieu siding with the protestants to avoid allowing the von Habsburgs to accumulate too much power and leave France at a perilous position. So, a meddling neighbour with no religious agenda per se. Plus the British forces that fought on it, but that a in-game event.
That said, the Papal States really should not be allowed to join the protestants, Luther mocking the Sack of Rome aside, and the Ottomans and assorted heathens should not be allowed to join altogether.

That probably changed with Emperor, but it should also have a patch for people without the DLC, I think.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The issue here is that the first half of the conflict was religious and the second half was political, with Cardinal Richelieu siding with the protestants to avoid allowing the von Habsburgs to accumulate too much power and leave France at a perilous position. So, a meddling neighbour with no religious agenda per se. Plus the British forces that fought on it, but that a in-game event.
That said, the Papal States really should not be allowed to join the protestants, Luther mocking the Sack of Rome aside, and the Ottomans and assorted heathens should not be allowed to join altogether.

That probably changed with Emperor, but it should also have a patch for people without the DLC, I think.
But the Ottomans DID join historically.

The problem is that eu4 does a poor job with interventions. The french fought on the protestant side without wver being a member of the league. Same for sweden. Historically only HRE members were part of the league, the rest just joined at different times for political reasons

Reactions: