• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RhysTheT00n

T00NYBOY
Dec 29, 2019
I know that in the Dev diary it was mentioned that planets you blow up using the World Cracker on the Colossus won't always yield minerals, but I've blown up more than 10 planets/moons now and I've gotten absolutely nothing from any of them. Do they have to be planets that belonged to the enemy or is this a bug?

Upvote 0
Found out that you don't need to use it on an enemy planet, just an inhabitable planet... It gives you 12 minerals... I deleted my World Cracker and am now replacing it with a Global Pacifier, depending on how much research it gives you I'll probably replace that with a Neutron Sweep which just kills all the pops on the planet but leaves the planet intact.

I'm in the middle of a planet cracking run at the moment, and it seems rng wether there will be a deposit left or not. I was expecting to go back and collect a load of new minerals from planets destroyed in systems claimed, instead got about a third I was expecting. Previous war, I think all planets dropped minerals, so not sure on criteria.

I'm in the middle of a planet cracking run at the moment, and it seems rng wether there will be a deposit left or not. I was expecting to go back and collect a load of new minerals from planets destroyed in systems claimed, instead got about a third I was expecting. Previous war, I think all planets dropped minerals, so not sure on criteria.
I am now, it needs to be an inhabitable planet, it only gives you about 10 minerals anyway, same for global pacifier with research gain, and it only gives you one research category. Neutron Sweep seems to be the only could Colossus to use, kills all life on the planet but leaves the planet itself untouched, basically it's easy for conquering and no risk of rebellion or need for an army.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am now, it needs to be an inhabitable planet, it only gives you about 10 minerals anyway, same for global pacifier with research gain, and it only gives you one research category. Neutron Sweep seems to be the only could Colossus to use, kills all life on the planet but leaves the planet itself untouched, basically it's easy for conquering and no risk of rebellion or need for an army.

Ah that makes a lot of sense! Thanks for the info I am tempted by the neutron sweep, but that's for my next file

Ah that makes a lot of sense! Thanks for the info I am tempted by the neutron sweep, but that's for my next file
Yeah, the way I see it a world cracker should work on any planet (obviously not gas giants or asteroids) and give you whatever the size of the planet is x10. So a size 13 planet would give you 130 minerals. My math for this is that a size 13 mineral focused hive world for me is currently giving me 236, so you would still be earning a lot less than if you conquered the planet

• 1Like
Reactions: