• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
We are looking at it, did you check the stay logged in box when you signed in?

We were trying out a solution that would fix the logged out of Pdox but not forum, if we cannot fix it in a couple of hours we will revert to the old system as I know it is annoying.

Reactions:
It has been steady for me.

The desired effect we are going for is that if you do not select the stay logged in it will log you out after 24 hours if you do not manually log out before that.
If you select the stay logged in button it will keep you logged in for 30 days.

What would you like the message changed to?

Seams to be only when you post right? and only some of the time, I am looking into it.

The intermittent lag issue while posting etc should now be gone although you may have to log out and back in to fully realize the fix.

Due to your probation status. Those permissions were updated when I redid the ratings permisions.

Hey gang,
I'm not sure why some of you are still experiencing this issue as I, for example, am not. Can you all make sure you are not logged in using another browser and that you've cleared your cookies / cache? Basically, the more details you can provide in regards to what steps you have taken to try and resolve it, the easier it is for me to report to the forum techies.

Reactions:
The update was not only cosmetic, things happened "behind the scenes". I have no update to give at the moment but I will add the information you've provided to the open tech ticket.

Why don't you guys fix it? Honestly this is more than annoying and you seem to take no measure to combat it. The issue has been around for almost half a year. Is it so difficult for a developer to fix its own forum?
We actually did fix it and we think we know the cause for it returning, however, simply snapping my fingers and saying an incantation doesn't work (trust me, I tried it on several occasions for several reasons). It will get sorted (again) but I can't say when. "Soon" is vague but probably the best estimate I can give you.

NINJA EDIT!
Just so I can gather as much data as possible and make sure the forum tech crew get all the information they need, can you who suffer from this tell me:

- Does it happen regardless of the platform you use (mobile, tablet, computer)?

Thank you all, the information has been passed on and is being looked into. One of the reasons it's taking a bit of time is that we aren't always able to re-produce problems and in this case, since it doesn't happen to everyone, it's one of those cases.

Me for example don't have this issue and I'm signed into my iPad, work and home PC. Fear not though we are working on it!

Reactions:
Disappointing to see that Paradox has once again not fixed this issue with their latest maintenance update. This thread was started in September 2015 - can you believe it??
It is different issues. I for instance haven't had this problem in months.
Wagonlitz is correct and this is why it's not as easy as you may think to solve. Me, for example, don't have this problem and I'm signed in at the office, at home and on my phone. The same goes for my colleagues, no issues with getting signed out randomly.

We know some users are experiencing and this is ofc not good, we want to make sure everyone has a smooth ride when using the forums but I just want to reiterate that it's not as straight forward as it seems.

Reactions:
I've actually spoken with our developers today about this and the problem is that we can't reproduce this ><. None of us, including the devs, experience the issue you are describing and as we can't find a common denominator among the reports no progress has been made.

Also, just to clarify, the issue is still open, I didn't close and if I get more information I'll share it with you guys asap.

Reactions:
We still have an open ticket about this but as I've explained before it's proving tricky to find, and solve, since not everyone is affected. It's not forgotten but also not the highest priority hence can take time.