• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I prefer the other solution to pilot XP suggested, but this seems like it could work really well.

...The ability to drop with injured pilots from the No Time to Bleed mod. Might want to consider something similar!

FreiBiers option is good as well.
The option I went with probably, maybe, forces you to simply choose. You take a bit of all skills and later harder to specialize in anything. You specialize in something and later will be harder to take from other skills.

No Time To Bleed: One idea was that people would use more pilots as well, not sure how well it would work with that.

As mentioned before: I love your mod and the work you put into it :)
With version 4 I seem to run into an issue though, as the game doesn't start. Instead of the intro video I only see an FPS counter (not the steam one).
So I validated my files, basically going back to vanilla game and did as your instructions said: extract into Battletech and run the injector.
The problem persists though.

That FPS counter typically shows up when the debugger activates upon some conflict with a mod. Make sure you have the latest versions of BTML and ModTek installed. If it still hangs, there is a .log file created in BATTLETECH\Mods\.modtek that can be opened. It can be quite a long file, but if there are any exceptions listed in there, that would be helpful information to share to track down the problem.

No Time To Bleed: One idea was that people would use more pilots as well, not sure how well it would work with that.

That's what I was thinking as well and why I didn't originally include No Time To Bleed in my Modpack. However, there are three things that convinced me to add it to my ModPack:

1) You added -5% stability per injury. Not only do you risk pilot death by dropping with injuries, but you are penalized if you choose to do so.

2) The No Time To Bleed mod only allows you to drop with one injured pilot per 3 points of MedTechSkill. With the nerfs in this mod that makes sure you can't drop with many injured, especially at the beginning. I think in your mod you start with 3 points of MedTechSkill and end with 7? So, that is only 2 injured pilots deploying, ever.

3) This allows you to drop with an injured Commander. This is huge! One of the biggest complaints early on about this mod was that your Commander could get knocked out for 300+ days. This directly addresses that problem! You still have the risk of them getting knocked out early in a match and losing a mech, but that just encourages you to play more carefully with your injured pilot. Very thematic.

The one thing I am unsure of is exactly how healing works with this mod. Before, healing was an all or nothing thing. You wait until the end and you are fully healed. Now, if you have, say, three injuries and it says you will take 60 days to heal, do you actually lose a pic of injury at 20 days and another pip at 40 days? I think this would be ideal, but am unsure how the game treats it.

As mentioned before: I love your mod and the work you put into it :)
With version 4 I seem to run into an issue though, as the game doesn't start. Instead of the intro video I only see an FPS counter (not the steam one).
So I validated my files, basically going back to vanilla game and did as your instructions said: extract into Battletech and run the injector.
The problem persists though.

Anyone else having this issue?

As before I released this I did let steam to verify and download all files that had been changed.
Then I unpacked all and run the injector etc.
All worked.
It can be that I made a mistake somewhere, why I would be interested to know if someone else has similar issues?

Also what donZappo told there, that might help us. There are rather many log files under Mods and also Battletech_Data folder has output_log.txt.

Unfortunately it is not too easy to directly say what causes this issue.

Throwing something to test, but this goes pretty blindly.
1. From under Managed, where you run the injector. Remove both Assembly... -files, the dll and orig. Let steam fetch new ones. Inject and try again.
2. You can remove Mods folder before you unpack, in case there is something that does not belong in there.

@don Zappo: Thank you for the hint. And thank you for your continued support of this and your mod ;-)
@raok: The log wasn't that helpful. Removed everything your mod adds as well as the mod folder to go back to vanilla game again. Will try again with the newest BTML / ModTek and keep you posted.

Edit: Well, did it twice again, no errors or anything in the log files and still no running game.
As long as it's just me, I assume the issue is more on my end. I'll just roll back to 3.2.4 and have fun.
Will keep updating and keeping you posted :)

Last edited:
From Nexus - "I think there is an error with the new 1.5 modtek, so you might get some posts about the FPS counter coming up with this. The StartingMerc mod seems to be triggering it. "

Another issue is that I am not sure what is this StratingMerc Mod, and what is the one that breaks for Morlock.

For anyone having a hang issue - try replacing this one file (do a search and replace) :

vehicledef_APC_Wheeled_SRM.json

(Should be in //JK_Variants/vehicle)

The replacement is attached.

Not sure if it is the culprit - but it did cause an issue in another mod that used it.

Attachments

• vehicledef_APC_Wheeled_SRM.zip
    660 bytes · Views: 19
FreiBiers option is good as well.
The option I went with probably, maybe, forces you to simply choose. You take a bit of all skills and later harder to specialize in anything. You specialize in something and later will be harder to take from other skills.

That is an excellent point. Your method would force specialization while the alternate method would basically just slow it down overall.

By the way, did raok's new update for repair time rounding work? Is it actually calculating it correctly without doing silly rounding?

I open the second mech bay soon in the game. But indeed, it can be that tonnage limits actually really force you to do it if you don't want to simply avoid contracts.

Static tonnage limit can be done like donZappo said + maybe add that operation costs mod by Morphyum. Or if you don't want to change mods, simply modify the settings.json under Mods/DropTonLimit. If you use DropTonLimit to do it, let me know what values you try and if possible also why. Indeed, simply to get a bit perspective.

Static vs Variable: Static makes you to build your lance for that specific tonnage. Variable has so many options that I think it is the better option from these two.

Limit are set pretty high right now. There are some who say it is impossible to play the game with a limit. But indeed, have to admit that the game feels much better when tons go under 300. We could probably easily take 50t from it.

Definitely plan on starting a new campaign this Sunday when I'm off again. I'm intend to try a 250 ton cap just to see if it's doable. I don't mind crushing defeats

I downloaded a .json editor on my phone and I've been poking around while I'm at work. It seems doable and the game is very modable. Thanks again all for the help!

This may be beyond the scope of your mod, but while on the subject of the games difficulty, there seems to be two "types" of mechs you fight. There are fully armored lances and then there are lightly armored lances (and vehicles). I've not seen any rhyme nor reason why one appears in a mission over the other (sometimes in the premission briefing there is a mention of old or damaged mechs). Is there a way to make all the mechs and vehicles you fight be fully armored, that would go a long way towards upping the challenge level and making progression path more difficult.

I'm intend to try a 250 ton cap just to see if it's doable. I don't mind crushing defeats

I downloaded a .json editor on my phone and I've been poking around while I'm at work. It seems doable and the game is very modable. Thanks again all for the help!

Is there a way to make all the mechs and vehicles you fight be fully armored, that would go a long way towards upping the challenge level and making progression path more difficult.

I personally like that the ton cap is not static. Before I released the ton cap, I tested high end contracts with 240t and are doable. One issue is that the game does not really have challenge for +300 tons. Would need new contracts with simply more enemies.

Editing json files probably should be enough to make those mechs fully armored. Now that you said, it might be actually so, that devs did add these half armored mechs to make it easier to get bigger mechs.

While you are poking those json files, maybe you can poke us some new contracts ;)

Game don't start properly with 4.0.0. Start of game stop after white skull and I see only FPS counter and black screen. Intro Didn't start. Of course I use a BattleTechModLoaderInjector. When I back up Assembly-CSharp.dll to org. file, game start properly but without mods. I use new 1.0.4 BT version.

Last edited:
Game don't start properly with 4.0.0. Start of game stop after white skull and I see only FPS counter and black screen. Intro Didn't start. Of course I use a BattleTechModLoaderInjector. When I back up Assembly-CSharp.dll to org. file, game start properly but without mods. I use new 1.0.4 BT version.

So if you have beta patches enabled then the 1.4 patch just got pushed to you yesterday. You'll have to rerun the .exe for BTML to reinstall the injector. That might be your problem.

You can remove the ModTek and test again.

There should not be many things that don't work without ModTek. I did not have time to make it all to work with ModTek, good thing I suppose.

Hey gents,

I have been checking what others are doing and it can be that we will get more and more similar things as this mod / mod pack. Not just the few that we talk about here on this forum.

I don't like too much the idea that multiple people do the same stuff slightly differently. Nothing bad in one way, but as the community for Battletech does not seem to be too big, it can be that doing something different would make most sense. No?

I am open for ideas that what shall be done next. Any dreams from mods are welcome. If there are things that clearly don't work in NGNG, an options as well.

Man, you're one of our modding heroes. You've done some great mods that have made my Mod Pack pretty great. I love that you've stripped them out, too,and made them modular.

My wish list of things I would love to see:
  • Multiple mechs being repaired at once. I would tie this to the mech bays. Each mech bay you get would allow one more mech to be worked on.
  • The ability to drop with mechs that are missing limbs.
  • Some to-hit penalty associated with JJs!