• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18753)

Recruit
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
I bought the game a few hours ago, but when I went to install it, it said I had no fonts, and the game errored up. I went into the graphics file, nothing. I un-installed it, then re-installed it, still nothing. I was wondering if there was a place to download these fonts, so I can finally play this game.

I will need your system specs please.
Also who is the publisher of your version, Eg. Strategy First, Pan Vision ...

1.47 GHz AMD Athlon Processor
512MB SyncDRAM Total System Memory
80GB UltraDMA Hard Drive
Microsoft XP

I know that from the side of my computer, and my bro bought a new graphics chip for it, but im not sure what it was.

Game developer Strategy First

Okay at what point does it tell you that you are missing fonts?
During the installation, or does it install but just not play, how far does it get in the loading screen ...

Does it ask for any particular fonts, or just fonts in general?

I am not understanding this download of fonts?

Does it tell you which fonts are missing.

Can you give me the exact wording that the message displays?

"Didnt Find font : Gfx/fonts/eurostilecond14.bmp

Do you still want to continue?"

"Didnt find font : GFX/fonts/eurostilecond14Bold.bmp

"Didnt Find Font : GFX/fonts/Eurostilecond10.bmp

"Didnt Find Font : GFX/Fonts/Eurostilecont18Bold.bmp

"Didnt Find Font : GFX/Fonts/EurostilecontArial8.bmp

Do you still want to continue?

Thats what it says, I tried to hit ignore...Doesant work, the screen flash's back to the desktop. I tried Retry, but it goes back to the same screen.

Those Fonts do not exist in my GFX/fonts directory, so I have no idea.

The best hing to do right now is contact Strategy First, since they write the installer for their version.

Is this the version that came with CotN ?

My SF v1.00 install has these fonts in GFX\fonts:
arial8.bmp
arial10.bmp
eurostilecond10.bmp
eurostilecond12.bmp
eurostilecond14.bmp
eurostilecond14bold.bmp
eurostilecond18bold.bmp
eurostilecond20bold.bmp
eurostilecond24bold.bmp

They were installed by the game installer.

EDIT: I just did a test and those error messages are what HoI.exe reports if you don't have those files. That is the game program, not the installer. How are you installing the game?

Ooops!

I was in the wrong forum for a sec and looked at my EU2. :(

Thus asking if it was the CotN version.

You could try copying the files to the HD and trying to install from there.

Henrikp said:
Hi! I also have this problem, so I downloaded those files from your server. However, I still don't have the other files that are mentioned above. Perhaps you could upload them aswell or maybe mail them to me om henrik.persson@moderat.se

Thanks!
-Henrik
What version are you trying to run? This shouldn't happen if the game was installed completely and correctly. Have you tried reinstalling? (As I said earlier HoI.exe is NOT the installer.)

The publisher's logo should be on the CD.

Hi! I have the exact same problem. The game doesn't have the fonts eurostilecond14, eurostilecond14bold, etc.
The link that you posted doesn't work now, and here is the only post I have found about this exact problem, so I hope you can help me. Thank you

Hi! I have the exact same problem. The game doesn't have the fonts eurostilecond14, eurostilecond14bold, etc.
The link that you posted doesn't work now, and here is the only post I have found about this exact problem, so I hope you can help me. Thank you
As I said (much) earlier if the game doesn't have those then it wasn't properly installed. Where did you get the game? Was it an actual installer or just a zipped file or something? Note this is a very old game and not aware of newer operating system features so you may need to use 'run as administrator' to do the installation or various other compatibility workarounds.

First, thank you for asking a question in a very old thread. I had a copy in a old external ssd, so i just copied the folder in to my computer like any portable program. It has been working for three days untill today, after a research I found that the fonts were in the folder, so it was obviously a computer error. I have finally solved it restoring windows 10 to an older point, and now is working again with the same savegames. I hope this could help to anybody with the same problem. [Just now I realiced how old is this game, I just can't play HOI III because i feel relly lost with so many changes hahahaha]

Thanks for posting the result. Always a bit frustrating to try helping someone and never get a response.