• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't be happier that they are distancing themselves from the phrase. With the Alt-Right using it, it has been problematic for me to convince friends and family to try out the game when it seems to have a direct link to racism. Hopefully with a more politically sensitive approach, that won't be such an issue for the people around me and we can finally get to what really matters, leveling up my ugly hunchback's seduction skills like the SNL Confident Hunchback.

Seriously though, as much as I wish they didn't have to distance themselves from the phrase I am glad they are doing so.

To people who hate this decision, what does the word "Deus Vult" actively add to the game? How does it improve the game in any way?

The problem is not that Deus Vult adds much to the game (apart from it being a popular meme in the CK2 community), the problem is that Paradox is actively rewriting history because they are afraid to offend people.

This is bs. The Kingdom of Jerusalem for example was a multiethnic realm with Christian levantines, French nobles and it had nothing to do with race. Call it Catholic fundamentalist if you want or radical Christian however it was anything but racist. If pdx wants to ban Deus Vult because of American edge-lords who at the same time meme about the anti-Catholic kkk then paradox is no better.

Ok so remove jihad because it's a reference to the radical islam. And remove consanguinity beacause it hurts the morality.
Seriously i don't understand this decision, the words "Deus Vult" are historical...
You can't call your game "Crusader Kings" and remove "Deus Vult"

You can rape women, have sex with your sister, eat your children, eradicate cultures, religions and races. But don't you dare have "Deus Vult" in your game.
It's a stupid decisions, made for stupid reasons and supported by stupid people.

I couldn't be happier that they are distancing themselves from the phrase. With the Alt-Right using it, it has been problematic for me to convince friends and family to try out the game when it seems to have a direct link to racism. Hopefully with a more politically sensitive approach, that won't be such an issue for the people around me and we can finally get to what really matters, leveling up my ugly hunchback's seduction skills like the SNL Confident Hunchback.

Seriously though, as much as I wish they didn't have to distance themselves from the phrase I am glad they are doing so.

So I guess, if the alt-right stats using My Little Pony as a meme than we stop making cartoons about it.

There is incest, murder, cannibalism and torture and this is what prevents them from playing?

I think people are making to much of a fuss about this.
Was there any "Allah Akbar" battlecries in CK2? Will there be in CK3?
Even if they added Allahu Akbar to the game, we would not complain because it's not betraying the history. It is not a problem of "Us vs Them" It is a matter of historical accuracy. Can you get that through your head?

I think people are making to much of a fuss about this.
Was there any "Allah Akbar" battlecries in CK2? Will there be in CK3?

Sure. Give me Allah Akbar if I declare a jihad. At least, on the assumption the term existed back then - I will be honest and say I don't know if it did.

Ok, I was hyped as fuck 15 seconds ago and this killed any interest I had for this game. Sorry, I'm not buying it. So, you can mass murder people in this game and torture them in your dungeon but not say "Deus Vult" ? What the fuck ? If a detail like Deus Vult is censored, you can be 100% sure that hundreds of other things will be censored too. Historically accurate things. What the hell is this world turning into, seriously ?
So, Paradox, tell me, is it even possible to make crusades in this game ? Isn't it more SENSITIVE to kill muslims by thousands and invade holy cities than to say "Deus Vult" ?

As always the alt-right nazi trolls ruin everything.
Like how they ruined this?
Ok.jpg

The real problem is how certain people, including many game "journalists"(activists) feel the need to fight a moral crusade agianst everything and everyone that in some way offended them and their delicate political sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.