• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jeruntje

Second Lieutenant
15 Badges
Nov 12, 2014
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
I love the game! My first city attempt. 2 and half hours playing. I expand very slowly. I'm wondering about one thing though.. I have absolutly no commercial demand what so ever. When my city was small there was but it hasn't grow a bit in two year. I have zoned enough and the taxes for commercial are 9%. Does anyone else have this problem?

Here are my city stats:

Foto720-HSBWGCET.jpg

I have the exact same issue. I've dropped commercial taxes to as low as they will go but there has not been any change in commercial demand. My city has grown by 10k people but absolutely zero growth in commerce during that time. I think it's a bug. It doesn't really seem to affect too much but still odd not having any commerce in the city.

I also had no commercial demand, although it does come back slowly for whatever reason. It actually does not bother me since my city was all about the export anyway :p

I find you need to add a lot of residents and industry before commercial builds up, but it takes a very long time to grow, and you need wealthy residents who like to spend money. :)

John

My commercial zones are currently about 1/30th of the area of my residential zones. That's not an exaggeration.

Even worse, my commercial buildings begin to abandon. The demand actually seems to decrease as my population increases.

Do you all have any mods installed? Could that be the issue? Only one I have is the 1x1 tiny park.

Even worse, my commercial buildings begin to abandon. The demand actually seems to decrease as my population increases.

Do you all have any mods installed? Could that be the issue? Only one I have is the 1x1 tiny park.

When the commercial buildings upgrade they increase their capacity. If you zone enough commercial to meet demand and then they level up you will be so far above the demand that it is likely for some of them to abandon. The demand really doesn't seem to keep up with the city size though, because I find myself building less and less commercial in each new area.

I think I might need more tourism to help them out, but I can't seem to bring in more than 400 or so tourists a week, even after I added an airport and a passenger harbor and a ton of the special buildings with good public transport access to everything. My tourism tax income actually went down after this, it seems they are all visiting the parks and stuff and not buying much of anything.

I have some assets like interchanges and parks, but no mods. I don't think assets would affect commercial demand, but I could be wrong.

Demand for commercial disappeared once I hit about 40k population, all fully upgraded buildings. Now I'm at 70k pop and haven't built any commercial since, it seems more than capable of handling the increased pop.

Having the same issue. Zero commercial demand since 20,000ish pop, at around 45k right now. I'm not using any mods, and if it isn't a bug I'm wondering if its an issue with an building, park, or interchange i'm using off the steam workshop.

When the commercial buildings upgrade they increase their capacity. If you zone enough commercial to meet demand and then they level up you will be so far above the demand that it is likely for some of them to abandon. The demand really doesn't seem to keep up with the city size though, because I find myself building less and less commercial in each new area.

I think I might need more tourism to help them out, but I can't seem to bring in more than 400 or so tourists a week, even after I added an airport and a passenger harbor and a ton of the special buildings with good public transport access to everything. My tourism tax income actually went down after this, it seems they are all visiting the parks and stuff and not buying much of anything.

+1

I have a high density downtown area, perhaps that is the issue as well. Also, industry seems to have demand, but tends to produce too much and abandon as well.

So it's not a BUG? Because the question is that there are 0 commercial demand, could at least have a ''low demand'', but even that. However, there are many industrial demand.

So it's not a BUG? Because the question is that there are 0 commercial demand, could at least have a ''low demand'', but even that. However, there are many industrial demand.

Looking at the ratio pie chart of zones for my city, it appears that demand is not equal between the three types based on how much of each I have in my city. I have a bit of demand for residential and industrial at the moment, but eye ball numbers for my ratio would be:

45% Residential
40% Industrial/Office
15% Commercial

If you only need 15% of your city to be commercial, then I can understand why there is no demand for it.