• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I changed the stats of all my self created parks to have 0 tourists and have started using just them, the result was a massive boom in commercial demand. I didn't remove any official parks I had already placed. The demand returned as the city grew using just my o tourist parks only as new builds.

Greetings people, update time!

I've spoken with CO about this and we're currently having QA look into getting solid repro's on this happening. Please note that even though this is indeed an issue, most users probably do not experience nor notice it. Basically; we're not sure if this is happening globally or only during certain circumstances.

Nevertheless, if it is like you say - which seems to be the case - then this is a bug/issue we're going to solve.

From my latest conversation with Mariina:

"This issue will be investigated."

What you can do to help:

If you have managed to pinpoint why, when and how this is happening and can reliably reproduce it then please either PM me to the thread where you posted your info, or send it directly.

Reports like that may help us greatly in finding the root.

Thank you.

awesome news, ty!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have found the reason for the issue and are trying a few ways of fixing it. If all goes well, there will be a fix very soon! My apologies for this issue slipping past us originally, we are working hard to get it fixed.

Thanks it was weird to have this, I finally started getting a very weak commercial demand above 65,000 after flat lining for so long and still very weak at just over 100,000, I hope to put in the space elevator once I get the cash.

We have found the reason for the issue and are trying a few ways of fixing it. If all goes well, there will be a fix very soon! My apologies for this issue slipping past us originally, we are working hard to get it fixed.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your attention to this issue.

Aww, don't fix it, it makes my most popular mod unneeded! Just kidding, I'm excited to see how you guys decide to fix it! :laugh: :rofl:

I had no commercial demand for like 3K to 10K but am back with a healthy commercial demand. I did not have to turn off parks. I think once I started adding special buildings and offices the demand seemed to go up for what its worth. anyhow sounds like CO knows the cause and is working on it. Just wanted to let people know that you can have parks and commercial demand.

I had no commercial demand for like 3K to 10K but am back with a healthy commercial demand. I did not have to turn off parks. I think once I started adding special buildings and offices the demand seemed to go up for what its worth. anyhow sounds like CO knows the cause and is working on it. Just wanted to let people know that you can have parks and commercial demand.

this issue really only comes in big at about 70 or 75k pop. these small towns dont count here.

The bug killed my demand at 30K pop. The issue at hand is the ratio of parks to population. I have 45 parks at 30K pop.

yeah but at that point you can still kinda handle it. at 70k the industry starts complaining that they dont have a place to sell their goods cuz the outside world cant take up anymore.

Hi all, same issue here. My city had a huge demand for commercials till about 350k sims, after that point (together with a big increase of population i put a HUGE amount of parks and unique builfing as well) the commercial demand is ZERO even if now i have 470k inhabitants.
I'm trying now to dezone ALL the commercial areas but still seems they don't need to buy bread, food, and clothes (i guess my citizens walk around the parks eating grass and dressing with leaves).
I have no traffic jam at all, plenty of trains moving stuff all around (most of them for export of course, since my commercial is totally abandoned and slowly closing).
Furthermore i have all kind of industries.
Next step, i will try to delete all the parks, quite sure that is the problem.
clearly THIS IS A BUG (i've never seen a city without any shop).

Reactions: