• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(27178)

Private
Mar 26, 2004
Don't know, may be this bug is known.
By playing mp game as USSR i lost my Chief of Navy by event +1 diss if he not die, -1 if die. I choosed to die. After that i havnt Chief of Navy and cant place new one. Just that slot is missing. I have save file and screenshot on my comp. If you need more info just write here.

Upvote 0
What patch are you running? Probably a MP-only bug; when I fire this event (presumably 1015 "Rogue Politition" in randomevents.txt) if there are no replacement ministers for the one removed it creates a new Undistinguished Suit for the position.

Patch is 1.06c.
No there is not Undistinguished Suit, its just empty. And this happened 2 times. 2nd one in another mp game, but same USSR and same event. I have Core 0.9 installed, but this bug happens in original game.

von Savoye said:
Patch is 1.06c.
No there is not Undistinguished Suit, its just empty. And this happened 2 times. 2nd one in another mp game, but same USSR and same event. I have Core 0.9 installed, but this bug happens in original game.

The random event you're getting either kills your lowest loyalty minister or gives you a little dissent. Your lowest loyalty minister appears to be Vladimir M. Orlov, who is Very Low loyalty. You get a second Very Low loyalty navy chief in 38, and then a High one in 39. Unfortunately, if you get this event in 1936-1937, the game may not replace him with an Undistinguished Suit for some reason - it'll just leave him blank, and then you can't click on the slot to put a minister in even when another is/becomes available. This is annoying. Perhaps you could ask the host of the game to save it and then put in another minister - they'd need to wait until 1938, look through the savegame for Mikhail V. Viktorov (1938) or Nikolai Kuznetsov (1939+), and change their status to "ruling". It's fairly easy to understand once you're looking at the file in Notepad.