• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Markell

Recruit
50 Badges
Sep 17, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
Hey!

I tried to get this achievement:

Last Count, First King
Starting as Duke Nuño of Portucale in 1066, form Portugal

I have started as duke Nuno at 1066 and continued the game as his son and grandson. His grandson has formed Portugal (using in-game decision):

Portugal1.png

But there was no achievement...
Portugal2.png

I have Ironman active. And achievents work correctly in total, because I have received another one during the game:

Portugal3.png

Maybe I misunderstood the conditions of achievement? Please help!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The wording of the achievement on Steam is wrong since release: You have to form the Kingdom of Portugal with Nuno himself.

Whenever you are in doubt, you can check the achievement here first: https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Achievement

This just seems incredibly hard - would you have any tips besides relying a little on rng for alliances? I seem to always face early invasions from the southern muslims.

This just seems incredibly hard - would you have any tips besides relying a little on rng for alliances? I seem to always face early invasions from the southern muslims.

Yeah, it basically comes down to a lot of RNG in favor for you. I got it on my first try in the release week because I was incredibly lucky. The Muslims to my south imploded because the ruler died in a battle against one of the Spanish kingdoms. So I could snack one after another by swooping in fast occupying their holdings in holy wars with a bunch of hired mercs. I also secured an alliance with France (and later England) which helped me to increase my potential power level to scare the Muslims from declaring on me.

Also if you don't want to deal with a kinda lengthy war for independence, wait until Leon declares on Galicia and smashed its army. Declare on Galicia after that and get your independence by sieging down their capital before Leon swoops in. Also secure as many alliances as possible with the Spanish kingdoms to further boost your alliance power and to deny them to declare war onto you. Make use of Nuno having the learning education to convert counties fast and to prolong his life as much as possible.

In the end, the beginning is truly the hardest part. If you survive that, you can snowball pretty good after you have established your kingdom. This was my kingdom three years before his death:

3F8205B36479AD7E2F43883A15D295D17D9FFD52

I could see that being harder now since the allied AI got even worse with the latest patch though. Otherwise there should not be much difference as far as I know.

Reactions:
It's pretty easy actually, I managed to conquer about 2/3 of Iberia before my Nuno died. Of course there is a bit of a random element since you need Nuno to live at least a a decade or two to have a chance.

My advice would be to conquer the two Muslim duchies to the south right away using the holy war CB, you can probably finish both of those wars within 2 or 3 years (not sure about the exact timeline, but it took me less than 20 min real time). Aggressive Muslims shouldn't be an issue since you're still protected by your liege. Then, once you have all the territory fabricate a claim on Galicia or declare war for independence. Both should be even since you control about 2/3 of the kingdom anyways. (In my case Galicia actually got taken over and all the Christian Kingdoms consolidated into one realm, but the war was still easy.)