• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 18, 2004
japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Japan a tale of pacifism in the land of the rising sun.

VH/Furious in VIP 1.03C.Non-purist,Non-ultra exploitive house rules.
Goal/s simply to win.

So here we have Japan in 1836. 27 million people ruled by the Shogunate Faction. In need of direction in an imperialistic world.

Japan has 3 factories,2 glassworks and 1 liquor. Japan has the potential to colonise 3 islands south of the mainland, this will help to bring Japan into the civilised world.
japan21kd.jpg

The initial budget settings. Death to the rich class!
japan33gv.jpg
japan44mn.jpg

Devolvement of the rich classes is going well.
japan145gi.jpg

In April 36 tired of no cement I place an order for 1000 to stimulate demand.

Then we become Jominian in attitude.
japan169fu.jpg

Finally we get the cement we require and finish all 3 island claims.
japan187cy.jpg

In May 37 we build 10 clipper transport and celebrate the death of the rich class.
japan214nt.jpg

In December we get a nice random gift.
japan251rt.jpg

April 21 1839 after painful world market micromanaging the neccessary goods are avialable for 20 Cav Curs. It only took approx 8 months to buy 40 reg clothes!

June 39 China persuades the UK to end the Opium trade. Perhaps good times lay ahead for China. However in July a merchant is murdered at Guangzhou and China are at war with the UK and BI.

Sep 41 the 3 colony claims are ready but I will wait a while before claiming.

Feb 43 the Dutch send us a letter, we decide to accept the envoy.
japan591sk.jpg

Trade independance for technology!!
Why yes of course!!
japan606mw.jpg
japan617pw.jpg

Yeah first time I've become a satellite. :cool:

hi there

Wow

Nippon = Japan
Kami = Spirit/Divine
Furu = I don't know, but it must be some verb. Is "furu" in the short "Ru" version of something like "furushimaus" or "furushimahista?"

It's probably something really basic that I have forgotten :eek:

I was wondering, how did you get screen shots of the green ledgers. I can't seem to take pictures using f11 or the PrntScrn button.

But I very much look forward to this AAR. YES, death to those rich bourgeosis!!

You are killing your capitalists. How very genious of you...

Go Japan! Ought to be a very interesting game: wanting to find out how you intend to define "pacifism".

I notice at one point that you lowered your education spending to 0%. You might want to reconsider this. While education spending is expensive, and doesn't net an uncivilized Japan much tech, it does increase literacy. When you become civilized, that's going to be extremely important. To become a truly Great Power, Japan needs the more rapid research and more efficient factories a high literacy rate gives. And the sooner, the better!

Black is the new colour.

Heretic said:
Don't fret too hard about being a satellite; the copious flood of rebels should soon see to that..

Heretic

I have no idea what you mean ;)

CatsandCradles said:
Wow

Nippon = Japan
Kami = Spirit/Divine
Furu = I don't know, but it must be some verb. Is "furu" in the short "Ru" version of something like "furushimaus" or "furushimahista?"

It's probably something really basic that I have forgotten :eek:

Yep your nearly there keep at it. I want a translation before the end or The Middle Kingdom will be History :D

CatsandCradles said:
I was wondering, how did you get screen shots of the green ledgers. I can't seem to take pictures using f11 or the PrntScrn button.
Simple
Free Screenshot Assistant

LM+ said:
Go Japan! Ought to be a very interesting game: wanting to find out how you intend to define "pacifism".

I notice at one point that you lowered your education spending to 0%. You might want to reconsider this. While education spending is expensive, and doesn't net an uncivilized Japan much tech, it does increase literacy. When you become civilized, that's going to be extremely important. To become a truly Great Power, Japan needs the more rapid research and more efficient factories a high literacy rate gives. And the sooner, the better!

We are peace loving people we would never go to war, under our protector Holland we will create a Conservative Utopia!

Caught the pops listening to a 19th century Pink Floyd.
'We dont need no education'
'We dont need no thought control'

Or... would I rather have 0.06 RP/Month or a rather large nest egg. Who said anything about civilised anyway?

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Bad times lay ahead for the Japanese people, angered at the actions of Cookie Monster they displayed their anger!
japan639ws.jpg

We had to wait a while before all the necessary techs had fired then we layed down some new factories. 2 Lumber,fabric and cement factories were built finally in April 44.

The country was still uncontrollable the situation was disastrous in August 44. Will Japan survive?
japan815wz.jpg
japan829hd.jpg

Liberty!

Quick! Take over that region of China that is under the Russian province of Udoskoji (spelling). It's the area just north of Korea. If your playing on any setting more difficult than normal, I urge you to attack as soon as you have the situation in Japan under control.

Don't let the Russians take over that place. It belongs to you! All of the coal and iron - and that region has a huge amount ot it!!

With all that iron and coal, you'll be able to build the Yamato!

yamato00.jpg

After enjoying your Korean AAR, I had to pop over and see what you were doing with Japan. And I must admit - I am still wondering. :eek:

I am sure you have this all planned, but my non-prowess at playing Victoria keeps me baffled. But the way it's told is quite enjoyable so I will sit back and see where you take this. You've certainly created quite the ride. :D

Erm no!! Still no!! No?

@CatsandCradles Yes battleships would be nice however theres a small tech requirement in the way and the difficult road to civilisation. :(

@coz1 Thanks for your words. I am pleased that my AAR is so far as clear as mud. :D The ride is only just getting started!

@weychun The people of Japan just wanted Democracy there was absolutely nothing I could do about it the thought of being a cloggies wipping boy led them into strange acts of violence.Who said anything about civilising anyway?

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Sweeping reforms were announced across Japan by the rebels, it appeared that there was nothing left for me.Just one last job to do...

cookiemonster10vj.jpg

Just as I was about to pull the trigger Big Bird bursts the door down. I pull the trigger but I forgot to load the gun doh.. So I start to hit myself on the head Big Bird jumps on top of me and slaps my face. ''What are you doing, we need a great leader, someone to guide Japan in a world of imperialism''. Slightly concussed I reply ''Cooookieee''.

Eventually I returned to my senses, the country was in desperate times these liberals had inflamed our mostly conservative pops. :eek:
japan843bk.jpg

So what are we gonna do it about it. A quick meeting with the war cabinet was arranged.
sposse3fz.jpg

The outcome after a long debate was annexation of Korea, however not everybody was convinced.
40486qs.jpg

Where's Korea anyway?

Diplomats were sent to Korea
storyelmo4ey.jpg

With a 'Trojan Horse' gift.
japan856hj.jpg

War was declared
japan868rd.jpg

And the troops moved into position
japan876no.jpg

The battle for Seoul was long and drawn out many men and horses were lost casualties reported is 'Bessy' with a broken hoof in need of re-shoeing.
japan884fa.jpg

Feb 28. No.no.no!!
japan935mr.jpg

June 21 Still no!!
japan1013hv.jpg

Jan 46 Erm no?
japan1013hv.jpg

That's the final straw, if your gonna fight a dirty war then we will have to refuse your envoy's.
cookie0ky.jpg

Red and black, it's all the fashion you know.
japan1119lt.jpg

Har,Har wiped from the face of the globe.Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
japan1123pq.jpg

BB is now 20.65 and I still havent educated any pop ever!!!

I must say, I disapprove of your war on the upper class, but this is an interesting AAR.

Well that ought to help with the rebellions. Perhaps you need Super-Grover? Either that, or a vast supplies of cookies to eat as your empire is destroyed by neighbors and within. ;) No, I have full faith that this all continues to be exactly as designed...right?

Onward

Thanks for all your comments guys they are much appreciated.

@coz1 Your not doubting me are you? What you worried about?

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

I wake up after a long sleep and discover my AAR has been ruined, turned into a promotion for Sesame Street! This will not do. I demand to know who posted this rubbish. From now on only complete seriousness regarding Japan!!:mad:

After a moment of rashness we consider the political implications of the Korean annexation. This could leave us friendless and a target for upsetting the balance of power in Asia.
Kind and benevolent we release Korea after much needed Prestige whoring carried out.
japan1142fx.jpg

The situation was still worrying at home so 10 cav curs were ordered up to control the ungrateful Japs.

It took a long while to pacify the mobs in the streets, but it was inevitable and with this industry output returned to normal. Next the 3 islands were claimed.
japan1271hz.jpg

Now Japan is a force to be reckoned with.We begin education a.s.a.p now yeilding a healthy 0.70RP/Month. This is gradually improved with major monasteries being founded in our non-industrialised areas. Also noticeable was the death to the rich classes still being applied on our former colonies.

Now June 47 Texas go bankrupt interesting...

Mexico is now torn apart with rebellion.
japan1471zc.jpg

And sure enough USA DOW Deseret instantly.

Persia took my advice and come into the modern world.
japan1514cx.jpg

Seems they like black too..

Of course elections are held regularly in Japan however Liberalism is not everywhere and I cant get a Liberal party until 1867. :mad:

Jan 54 Hawaii being bankrupt was swiftly annexed.

All the while Japan had been quietly industrialising and sucking up to the British.
japan2077sa.jpg

China being low in Prestige soon came under the hammer.
japan2159id.jpg

First priority take the capital and their WM access.
japan2247hh.jpg

The war went well and peace was made for Hangzhou a silk province.
japan2311my.jpg

Hangzhou was full of unemployed who were all too happy to jump on the next boat to Japan.
japan2339mm.jpg

July 56 Cambodia went bankrupt they were swiftly annexed however unfortunately Annam didnt honour their alliance.BB is 3.

And back home we industrialised forever waiting for the time... :cool: