• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The peaceful time.

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Due to our attrition led WE we quickly DOW Abu Dhabi.A decrease in WE after a succesful non-annexation war is necessary.

Due to our huge (for this level) 44 badboy we build some more monitors x6 with corvettes,for an island nation the ability to strike our foes is paramount.

Meanwhile October 84 the Italians have quickly overun west Austria.

Our claims in Algeria and below still remain unclaimed.I'm waiting for the 'Mission to civilise' techs and later to fire.I'm number two in Prestige so we can wait till claiming.

We now engage in tech trading with UK, due to the BB relations must be kept high.We have borders!! :eek:
japan7191qh.jpg

However January 85 we decide a full annexation of Abu Dhabi is necessary.We need the oil for our beautiful navy.A quick look around shows WE is a great +CON modifier,meh the revolts are ok the Japanese relish the burden.

August 85 B.India DOW Burma, another land in Asia falls to the Red Devils.
Also Italy's succesful war climaxes with Italy gaining it's cores and two more provinces now connecting to Bavaria.
japan7366xe.jpg

Fortifications are now built in Edo our capital,this place shall never be trodden upon by foreign troops.

I hate buying military techs but I feel Japan's national security is at risk if I don't.Meanwhile Japanese intellectuals pursue our goal of cultural enlightenment.
japan7396ea.jpg

We still however have territorial disputes.
japan7463md.jpg
japan7472yw.jpg

What don't they realise we take what we want!!

Portugal now makes peace with UK losing most of East Africa.

Our goods friends the Dutch are happy to trade with us.
japan7491in.jpg

Then in October 86 we notice something for the very first time.
japan7501mu.jpg
japan7510ip.jpg

We may not be the best at everything but were all-rounders!

More tech trading with Holland we receive steel steamers the steamer industry is always profitable and the race for heavy cruisers is on.

Spain however was eventually overpowered,shame that.
japan7551ac.jpg

Then finally Heavy Cruisers tech was available. A very important tech for our island nation.Now we can stand toe-toe against our foes.
japan7583xa.jpg

We begin the expansion immediately.
japan7613hx.jpg

Sep 87 Nejd is attacked by the Ottomans this will not do.We quickly save the people of Nejd from 100% taxation by occupying the capital and another province.While were there we DOW Hail also.Now the Ottomans walk away with only one province.

And then....
japan7780ii.jpg

:eek:

My God - the Turks are huge!

You should not have too much of a problem with France and her piddly little colonial war. And too bad you could not get more from Spain. I would think the Phillipines would look quite nice in Japanese red.

Yep the Turks annexed Egypt and they have great access to N.Africa for colonies. I like it as they are a good counter to Russia in this game.

Spain will be banished from Asia before the end of this AAR.Japanese honour demands it.

And France....

You can see tomorrow.

Ohhhhhhhhh dear.

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Japan now found itself in a colonial war aginst the French. A quick look at our military showed us behind in army tech by 8 inventions.
japan7816at.jpg

While we no longer fought with wooden spoons we still required more army techs.

Although they had far more Infantry and technology the French had absolutely no strategic naval mobility in this world wide conflict.
japan7828zd.jpg

This would be used to our advantage.

For the forthcoming blockade of France our Monitors were reinforced to full strength.They come out of maintenance in September 88.
Due to the previous mistakes in the last war we decide to immediately occupy the French islands in Asia.

The Prussian's now sensing a moment of French weakness decide to DOW.
japan7870gy.jpg

The initial situation in France looked likely to provide a good distraction.
japan7892wo.jpg

Although a peaceful nation Switzerland proved a good tech trading partner.
japan7908qf.jpg

The destruction of the French transport navy guarenteed. Our blockade now in place ensured no French intervention overseas.
japan7975vd.jpg

And then the day of reckoning.
japan7985fx.jpg
:eek:
What's the problem my BB is only 43.

Panic arises in the blockade of France.
japan8002me.jpg

A quick navy grouping is necessary, we must sail for home before we meet the RN!
Out manned and with an inferior navy Japan's struggle for survival begins!
japan8015ce.jpg

Looks like it's time to get rid of the spoons and break out the sporks!!! Good luck. :eek:

Good luck!
I think that your situation could be described as "outgunned"...
On the other hand, this is the situation Japs should be good at, so go and give'em hell!
2gunsfiring_v1.gif
icon_rocket.gif

Great AAR! :)

Banzai!

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Shock and confusion reigned throughout Japan.​
40486qs.jpg
We are at war with the whole British Empire. :eek:

A meeting of the war cabinet was called immediately.​
sposse3fz.jpg
After one day of discussion the plan was made. Japan will fight to the last man. We declare the whole of Asia fortresses.

Following the war cabinet meeting the following message was sent to the British ambassador to Japan.

You will not only be unable to make up your losses but will grow weaker as time goes on ... we will not only make up our losses but will grow stronger as time goes on.

It is inevitable that we shall crush you before we are through with you.

British blood was first spilt in Cambodia although having an excellent defensive position our cav's are withdrawn.​
japan8082bd.jpg
He who defends everything defends nothing!​

November 88 our monitor fleet from the French blockade safely docks in Hawaii.An immediate re-inforcement is carried out.
Two monitors of B.India spotted off the cost of Phillipines. We bide our time our navies only fight in large task forces.We will be ready soon.

Meanwhile France were slowly being over run.​
japan8199jw.jpg

A standoff in the Persian gulf begins.​
japan8227io.jpg

The first landing on Japanese soil​
japan8258bi.jpg
This will be tolerated as our troops are overseas.​

Due to a sucessful war the realms of Germany are founded.
japan8276ng.jpg

While not a colonial power Germany will become a monster. Hopefully we will never meet.

Switzerland still is one of my best trading partners.​
japan8281ik.jpg
We receive some much needed army techs.​

And then our first naval battle.​
japan8306ai.jpg
Found to be horribly understrength we sent them to the bottom of the sea. Ohh how we laughed stupid B.I.​

So much so that we fought in the British colonies while our mighty navy was being prepared.​
japan8411kt.jpg
Australia comes under our control.​

Our propoganda campaign against the Aussies begin.​
jpsacrificed013gs.jpg
Stay at home with the wife young man.​

Because resistance is futile..​
jpaussiesiren6hm.jpg

Meanwhile French resistance in Madagascar was coming to an end.​
japan8425mx.jpg
Over the seas in Africa could be seen over 1 million British troops. :eek:

Finally May 89 the British overpower our garisson in the persian gulf, we retreat into neutral Riyadh.

Indian landings in Japanese China are crushed British India's W.E. is climbing nicely.

Due to our troops being insufficient for this global conflict a mobilisation of pops was needed. We immediatly began a recruiting campaign.​
cookiedesktop1024x12803qc.jpg

A search was made also for a new agency, one with better artistic skills.​

40 new Arty for vapourising our enemies were ordered.​
japan8632hy.jpg

''The Happy Time''

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Madness prevailed on the seas the whole RN was fighting at low maintenance! We sent them down to the bottom pronto.FOOLS!

August 89 fierce fighting in Perth, no matter the amount of troops the British could not be dislodged.This would become a sticking point in the Australia theatre of operations.

September helped by the British the re-occupation of Madagascar begins our troops lie in wait in the adjacent mountains.

Daring but foolish.​
japan8780wt.jpg

And then the fun begins.​
japan8852xh.jpg

Our beautiful ships on sea trials.​
yamashiro2kz.jpg
yamatobattleship8ar.jpg

With our new naval officer training school how can we fail.​
ogawanavygroup116pn.jpg

Business was brisk at the shipyards and the ships kepta coming. 8 more heavy crusiers in November 89.
yamatobattleshipunderconstruct.jpg

Nearby in Hong Kong 15 divisions of UK were garrisioned.Our intention was that they will remain there.Although transports were sent they were promptly sunk.

In Australia resistance was coming to an end. The Perth pocket gone the road was open.​
japan8944fa.jpg

Although we were happy with our naval warfare so far. The battle of naval attrition was only just beginning.
japan9009fe.jpg

Jan 90 and our Arty are ready first priority remove the French/British beachead in Madagascar and leave a garrison,
japan9049ba.jpg
With our navy in a fire support role the beachead was soon eliminated.

While playing I obviously used the shore bombardment.Although extremely high powered it is the ONLY sensible way to remove a highly entrenched enemy on a island mountain.

March 90 fierce fighting still with the French in Madagascar.However it's just a matter of time...

We knew it was pointless to die and so did the French women.​
jpindochina025bb.jpg
We would offer surrender to any French who gave in our leaflet.​
jpindochina038tm.jpg

Due to the stable front we take care of the British in Annam.
Switzerland is steadily supplying our nation with all the army tech we can get, this enriches there nation greatly.

By December 90 our navy was ready now would be ''The happy time''
japan9411uq.jpg
Did I forget to say I'd been building these as soon as I could readers?​

Now we are ready we arrange a large taskforce under Admiral Kinoshita.
japan9479ym.jpg
Quality will best quantity.​

A series of naval encounters happen with predictable results. :D

Feb 91 all secure the French colonies near the Congo are under attack.Token resistance was all that was offered.

Now here's a naval battle​
japan9615ft.jpg
Losing 2 Prestige per capital ship is not fun is it Britain?​

Meanwhile a lonely cavalry division gobbles up the remaining French claims.
North of S.Africa another division does the same with the British, moving at night only, they manage to miss the British somehow.

British hiding place found!!​
japan9817ma.jpg

Feb 92 now Australia is fully under control we begin to occupy New Zealand.
And the British want to make peace giving me land LOL.

Algeria now controlled France's peace offers are getting bigger and bigger the R.N. well smaller and smaller.
japan9987lu.jpg
BTW there's at least 50 transports in that battle on my side.​

Now even with +29% WS a white peace would cost me -100 prestige.Strange that.

July 92 After a long standing war with the mighty Hail we decide annexation is the only way.BB is 45.

After a completely one sided colonial war the aggressors are finally put in their place.
japan10517kn.jpg
Finally France are banished from Asia.​

See - I told you sporks were much better than wooden spoons. Nice work getting that Navy up to speed and clearing the Brits and French from their Asian property. Why do I feel like this is only the beginning of their end? ;)

Off to Canada.

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

November 92 fierce fighting near Dakar, British units rubbed into the desert everywhere.Pointless and bloody but nice.

Due to almost complete ownage of the seas we went on a trip around the British Isles.
japan10672lm.jpg

The British however unhappy about our flaunting our navy in front of their public came out of port to meet us and were sunk.

So in general RN annihalated everywhere we met,the Japan mainland landings destroyed. British spammy peace warnings declined.COWARDS!

The British navy was a shadow of it's former self.
japan11103qr.jpg

We did lose a number of ships. Some are also in the reserves under repair.

After collection of our troops we decided to visit Canada. We will pick off the British Empire one by one.
japan11115pg.jpg

This as ever cost alot of money.
japan11127cj.jpg

May 93 Spain sensing weakness gives UK a colonial war.

With beacheads firmly established the rout continues.
japan11232gf.jpg

The battle for Ottowa lasts two months we don't care we already know the outcome.
Meanwhile in Alaska we reoccupy our lands and march into Canada.
japan11317lc.jpg

August 93 HC's are ready at the docks. Our naval superiority is absolute.

Canada turns red and the UK gets worried.
japan11539wg.jpg

The worrying gets even more.
japan11664dt.jpg

Canada was a little desperate. Our diplomats talked with the Canadians regarding peace.
japan11697xo.jpg

Finally we got a peace we could be happy with.​
japan11813dn.jpg

elmo4hc.jpg
However many Canadians had to die for a war they did not begin.Such a waste.​

All that just to humiliate the Canadians and take their money? No land desired from them, even around your Alaskan holdings? I guess it helps keep the BB low, so that is probabaly a good decision.

My bad boy is for VH/Furious ridiculously high at 47 believe it or not. We as Japan wish for only Asian lands excepting stolen colonies.

Thanks for commenting. I am reading Into the West also. It's a great read!

The India Campaign.

japaneseflag8ql.jpg

Following the succesful Canadian campaign our WE is 35% compared to UK at 96% we are winning the war of attrition.

The RN a shadow of it's former self is down to only 9 capital ships. Portsmouth was like a ghost town.

Once the navy had gathered the troops we sailed for India. Here we can see the troops going onto the beaches.
japan11954mb.jpg

Notice the stupid AI abandoning the capital!! :rolleyes:

Due to Burma being a recent BI annexation the land was unrailroaded this slowed down the liberation somewhat.

As usual our propoganda minister turned out some inspiring leaflets.
burmamonster5dx.jpg
jpburmaattack6rv.jpg

With this we won the hearts and minds of the people of Burma.

March 95 due to the naval situation the British now found themselves under a blockade.

The situation in India soon was becoming red.
japan12182po.jpg

General November provided excellent leadership at the battle of Chin.

The Indians fought well. However their leadership was always causing slight morale problems under cavalry charge.

And then... Due to this being a VIP game, when BI loses control of so much land then the occupier (me) gets to keep it BB free, UK assumes control of the rest.
Everything in this screenshot now belongs to Japan.
japan12551pi.jpg

22 factories in Bengal and 5 in Assam. Japan and the colonies are now 161 million people.

As a fix for the next VIP, I did something that is directly drawn from your AAR :D

1) If you civilize outside the Meiji chain right now, you do not get the Shinto culture and the Capital Change. I don't think these were tied to the Meiji chain, they were more tied to the fact that you are civilized. So you get them now when you civilize.

2) I added a lot of triggers to verify that you are civilized or not to stop the chains if you civilize early as they are exploits at that point.

3) I made the Dutch chain and the Meiji chain seperate so that if you do one, you cannot do the other.

4) I also submitted to OHGamer the exploit that you get all the provinces when UK assumes power. (You may not want me to fix this one ;) )

@elbasto

As I said before control of Asia is all I want. If the British decide to interfere then this is what happens.LOL

@ tyrel68

Great about the new VIP cant wait.

When the UK assumed control then they had assume protector of the dynasties blah blah,, but the game crashed and crashed and crashed. Until I edited out them making the Indian states satellites the game would not continue. I can send a save game if you want.

Exploit? More like daring manipulation of the game engine!!