• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(52819)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2006

Do you believe the Meiji Government could fall into the enemy of the state in 1867?

As I have been involved in VIP-Japan for the project, I felt very tight that the Meiji restoration chain hardly gave an option for alternatives. Actually, I had a priority that VIP-Japan needs historical standard first, and giving alternatives on option B would simply cause a disaster through the Meiji period.

But, since I've looked in sources, I believe some options could make a change (Yes, we can!) during the period.
So this mod will forcus on those possibilities and few experiments.
It's my turn to shake the thing now.

DOWNLOAD:
NIP1867ver0.1
note; there are some bugs, possibly relating to alliance. i am still working on the fix.

Last edited:

unmerged(131989)

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Jan 13, 2009
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Nice! What do you have planned other than things which you have briefly mentioned in other threads?? Screenshots perhaps too if there are any??

unmerged(52819)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2006
Release and Schedule

i'm working the mod in two parts:
very soon, i will introduce version0.0 which simply focuses graphics and pop files.
in the same time, i would like to start version1.0 which will build event structure.

then i want to explain about my experiment using election system.

Gaius Marius I

First Man in Rome
12 Badges
Jul 5, 2003
z7.invisionfree.com
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
I recently scripted a set of event files (main and flavour) for Japan in my 'POP Improvement Project' Multiplayer mod, along with some new event graphics, some revised parties based partly on VIP parties, and of course integrating Semper Victor and Prinz Wilhelm's Leaderpack. They also interact with events in the Dutch, Russian, Chinese, American, French, British, and Korean files, partly because i retained some Paradox events in modified form. If you're interested in chatting with me about these things, feel free to drop me a PM here, or look up my MSN addy via my profile.

unmerged(52819)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2006
NIP1867ver0.1 Released

i'd like to make an announcement for the first release of NIP1867.
it is a temporary release, which i need to work on frameworks. but i want to introduce this mod with some plans.

the mod breaks the entire japan into smaller pieces. the small piece is known as han in japanese, but here in the thread, i call it as domain.

=OBJECTIVES=
your objective is to take a part in any domain, leading yourself to either pro-shogunate or anti-shogunate power. but here are some catch.

A) i want to make all AIs random as possible, so you need to watch where other factions are staying (i'm trying to set up some system for this, and asking some help). otherwise, you need to fight against very very bad odds.

B) i am taking campaign system to create "competitors" within your domain. and you need to take an initiative at home front before expanding your influence in history. the "competitors" are the opposition (or ally) what they think "common idea" at the time. their philosophy is based on their historical archievements, and thinking accordingly. in fact, you need to watch out what they did in history if you keep up with the local voice.

=EASY AS POSSIBLE, BUT INTEGRAL=
one thing for sure is; all the pathes and chains should be explained before (or during) the game. meaning, you shouldn't be left behind because you didn't know history.

=THE LAST -CONTRAST WITH VIP=
we have more available options in the mod than what we have in VIP.
since i worked for the meiji restoration chian, i feel so limited for the options because of historical priority: and it is my little compensation.

there were some possible options they could take during the time. in fact, some did an overthrow the shogunate government, archieving the meiji restoration. but some remained royal to tokugawa shogunate, bearing pains as defeated for many years.

i want you to understand there would be possible outcome in history.

Gaius Marius I

First Man in Rome
12 Badges
Jul 5, 2003
z7.invisionfree.com
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
An ambitious plan to be sure. I once started work on a split-up Japan ala Germany and Italy. I eventually abandoned it because a)I wasn't proficient with modding as I am now, and b)it was clear that no one would have been willing to play Japan anymore in MP mode.

unmerged(52819)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2006
An ambitious plan to be sure. I once started work on a split-up Japan ala Germany and Italy. I eventually abandoned it because a)I wasn't proficient with modding as I am now, and b)it was clear that no one would have been willing to play Japan anymore in MP mode.
indeed. and i don't blame that.
it's always easy to play a power game, rather than "walk through history".

also, it's an issue how much they know about the time. i used to look up a text from college, but didn't help so much; or i wasn't in history major either. my major sources are in japanese, and it makes difficult otherwise.