• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you need for Hungary? (which by the way seem too small for a winner)

Well, for Hungary we currently need their new minster set for the timespan of 1964 to 2012. We could also use flavor events.

The borders of Hungary remain the wya they are, as they doubled their size during the war (Slovakia and parts of Romania, as well as a piece of Yugoslavia). To give them any more at the expense of the rest of the countries that fought just as equally would be unfair.

Bulgaria, in my personal belief, came out the worst of the gainers. But that was the luck of the draw for them :p

This mod looks great! I'll be watching its progress with interest.

By the way, Firestorm, you said you had experience in bik files and movies. What software do you use to create the movie before conversion to a bik? I want to update the intro movies I made for Fallout's Doomsday mod to something better.

Cheers,
Sword

Thanks!

I use Sony Vegas 7 to make the movies, and then I use 'Bink and Smacker' to convert them to biks. However, using Windows Movie Maker should provide enough basic features to pull of a decent-looking intro.

TRP, however, has a much better skill base in order to make media, so I will not be partaking in much of the graphical aspects of the mod. Send TRP and PM and see what they use.

-Feuersturm

Well, for Hungary we currently need their new minster set for the timespan of 1964 to 2012. We could also use flavor events.
Isn't that a problem that one needs to include living person too? Many probable ministers/leaders for that period are still living (2011-12 is not guaranteed but...)

The borders of Hungary remain the wya they are, as they doubled their size during the war (Slovakia and parts of Romania, as well as a piece of Yugoslavia).
As I see Hungary did not gain any territory. It got back some they lost in WWI. This is an important distinction! However there are maybe 1-3 provinces that could be disputable and would should have been part of the peace deal ofter WWII.

It is also true for Bulgaria and Romania.
I will read your AAR just to know what happened :)

I know this unfortunately. And there is not much we can do with the HoI II model, without going crazy with the borders. We've tried to balance 'touchy' areas to the best of our ability. We were thinking about giving Hungary the rest of its territory in Romania, but thought that would be extremely unfair in punishing Romania. The Balkans has such close and tension-ridden borders that, well, it was called the powderkeg of Europe for a reason.

I know this unfortunately. And there is not much we can do with the HoI II model, without going crazy with the borders. We've tried to balance 'touchy' areas to the best of our ability. We were thinking about giving Hungary the rest of its territory in Romania, but thought that would be extremely unfair in punishing Romania. The Balkans has such close and tension-ridden borders that, well, it was called the powderkeg of Europe for a reason.

Extreme times calls for extreme sollutions. And I think that nuked Europe is in extreme situation indeed. So: Germany should push for relocating minorities from troublesome territories. They started doing something like that IRL in Suwałki/Białystok region (Poland) and I think that 1964-germany would be a bit similar to that of "Man in the high castle"... So: "repatriate" the populations... And there's noone to oppose them.

Extreme times calls for extreme sollutions. And I think that nuked Europe is in extreme situation indeed. So: Germany should push for relocating minorities from troublesome territories. They started doing something like that IRL in Suwałki/Białystok region (Poland) and I think that 1964-germany would be a bit similar to that of "Man in the high castle"... So: "repatriate" the populations... And there's noone to oppose them.

I'm afraid that would be borderline on PDOX rules against ethnic... 'strategies', if you know what I mean

A country does such things when frustrated and feels threatened or wants to revenge something.
With a victorious Axis, they don't want revenge (they have all they hoped for), no threat in Europe, no frustration.

So is there an independent Serbia and a Croatia? (just asking)

Also I formally request colonies for Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
They have bled for 2 decades for the Axis, and it seems Portugal got colonies while they did not. Some African provinces. And Hungary needs a port...

Last edited:
A country does such things when frustrated and feels threatened or wants to revenge something.
With a victorious Axis, they don't want revenge (they have all they hoped for), no threat in Europe, no frustration.

So is there an independent Serbia and a Croatia? (just asking)

If you're interested, why not drop by and lead modding on the balkans? Our basic way of conduct is a 'step in step out' team, you are free to drop in and choose a country you'd like to work on, it's a free for all down here. 1964 is Linux. 1964 is COMMUNISM! :D

I'm afraid that would be borderline on PDOX rules against ethnic... 'strategies', if you know what I mean

Population Transfer was still legal in the International Community before World War II, and was seen as a peaceful way to handle potential ethnic conflicts.

After the Numberg Trials, Population Transfer slowly lost its lure, and is now currently stuck in the grey area between "not tolerated and frowned upon" and "war crime", but since Germany won WWII in this alternate timeline, the Germans could still do it without fear of international condemnation. As long as Paradox's rules allow them to. ;)

Update from the GFX department

Pixel, pixel, little pixelmen - a GFX update

TRP here, as most of you might already know we hopped aboard the 1964 train. Our goal is to make 1964 the first mod that gives HOI a total GUI makeover that isn't obstrusive or annoying (aka too dirty or contrasting) We're very excited about 1964, and more specifically about some of the whacky ideas that have been flying around for late-game techs. With a completely alternate timeline and a techtree spanning from Cold War to future, we have a lot of freedom in 1964 to, well, do whatever the hell we want. Gauss battleships? Exosuit infantry? Nanotechnology? UAV Drone brigades? Yes please! Now, what you came for to see: Pictures or it didn't happen
exomockup.jpg

A small mockup we did to illustrate how the Exosuit tech will look ingame

logoideas.jpg

Plans for a new 1964 logo

allthreefull.png
Graphics for each side, not sure what we'll do with them

landdoctrinepic.jpg
We're also trying out new textured backgrounds for the GUi, see if HOI can handle them

volledig.jpg

naamlo1.jpg

GUI of the United Netherlands, slapped onto vanilla's Norway, just to test it out

betteru.jpg

The template that will be the base of our new UI. Less filters and cheap tricks, more delicious grunge!

We're also proud to announce that every country and revolter in 1964 will have a custom GUI. That's right. Every single one. This is our 'bling' update, just to wow and attract members, but we assure you a lot more is happening between the (open) curtains. I could post you the fully coded United Kingdom event tree or the finished OoB of the United Netherlands, but this would make less sence to a wider audience. Since we work according to the Everything is Public principle, all materials can be viewed on our forums.

We're also glad to announce Nineteen Sixty-Four will feature some concept art made by the Singapore-based Ukitakumuki and the gentle lads at Space Vagabonds TCG, who allowed us to use some of their copyrighted material in our very own mod

That's all we have to show for now, be sure to check out our ModDB page (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nineteen-sixty-four) or our forums (http://z6.invisionfree.com/Team_TGG/index.php?&&CODE=01&CookieDate=1). We are allways looking for more event scripters, researchers or just people who like to comment!​

---------​

Also, if anyone is able in photoshop and would like to help us format leader/techteam portraits, please drop by! The GFX team is recruiting

If you're interested, why not drop by and lead modding on the balkans? Our basic way of conduct is a 'step in step out' team, you are free to drop in and choose a country you'd like to work on, it's a free for all down here. 1964 is Linux. 1964 is COMMUNISM! :D
That would probably be a bit too much for me. Just Hungary, that is doable. But first I had to finish the 36-64 period for AoD.