• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hoi31344map.jpg

I lack the words to describe what you've accomplished! :eek:

1 March 1944 – 1 June 1944 The End of the War

Polish Airborne division took Uliastay on 9 March 1944 and Mongolian government surrendered on 10 March. Communist regime was overthrown and a new friendly government was installed.

HoI31644Mongolia.jpg

Remaining the Soviet divisions in Far East surrendered in early May.

HoI31644.jpg

Operations in Belgium Kongo ceased in late May.

HoI31644Kongo1.jpg

HoI31644Kongo2.jpg

The war officially ended on 1 June 1944 when Polish troops liberated Matadi, the last Soviet held territory.

Last edited:
I have decided to end the campaign here. There are two remaining Commintern countries – Sinkiang and Communist China. The only way to access Communist China is to declare war against Nationalist China. However, I would have to wait a long time until I could lower my neutrality enough. Besides I don’t think Chinese could really resist hardened Polish divisions, especially at the same time fighting Japanese. No challenge ;)

I will now prepare a report about a whole war.

I am surprised the Soviets went to China. I would have expected total collapse. Oh well, now you have a new target to play with.

Now Mao and Stalin could drink tea together ;)

I lack the words to describe what you've accomplished! :eek:

Thank you :)

KGB hiding in Kongo? :cool:

Now I see why they were so stubborn :rofl:

Report Part I

Phoney War
1 September 1939 – 1 June 1941

Germany attacked Poland on 1 September 1939. France and Britain joined the war. Germans conquered West Poland, including Danzig and mainland Denmark, but lost East Prussia.

In October 1940, Italy joined the war. It attacked Greece but Italian advance was successfully stopped by Greeks.

There was no more land fighting until January 1941 when Polish commenced operation “Bleeding” as a preparation for the liberation of Poland.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3390901Brigades.jpg

Navies Comparison

HoI3390901Navy.jpg

Air Comparison

HoI3390901Air.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3390901Tables.jpg

Last edited:
Report Part II

Liberation of Poland
1 June 1941 – 1 November 1941

Following the Operation Bleeding, when Germans lost about 100,000 troops, Polish commenced a full blown offensive on 1 June 1941 in order to liberate West Poland.

The operation was successful and by the end of August Polish liberated all major cities in West Poland except Poznan and Gdansk. The offensive was blunted and it was decided to reorganise the army and start a second offensive in January 1942.

In September Germany declared war against Belgium and Luxemburg and Italy invaded South France. Within a month Luxemburg and Belgium were occupied. 4 times bigger Italian army overwhelmed French in South reached Dijon.

Polish began a second offensive as a response to Italian and German offensives in France and by the end of October only Poznan remained in German hands.

Germans invaded North France but were stopped and front stabilised.

In South France French received reinforcements from North and commenced a brilliant counteroffensive.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3410601Brigades.jpg

Around 10-20% of French army are British, Canadian and New Zealand expeditionary forces.

Navies Comparison

HoI3410601Navy.jpg

Air Comparison

HoI3410601Air.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3410601Tables.jpg

Italy and Greece economies are suffering from the lack of natural resources.

British strategic bombing decreased German factories' output by 25%.

Last edited:
Congratulation on a very nice victory :)

It's amazing what you've done with Poland. I never thought you'll defeat Germany, let alone the SU. :D
Well done!

Thank you guys. To honest I was not sure if I could beat Germany without conquering Balkans and Scandinavia for MP and Leadership ;) Now I see, that France helped me a lot just by keeping almost 2/3 of German army in West.

What shall you do as next?
Conquer all what once belongeth to the Jagellonians? :D

I have started 4 different HOI3 1.4 games (Germany '36 (2), The Netherlands '36 and Italy '43) and still can not decide which is worth playing :wacko:

Report Part III

Invasion to Germany
1 November 1941 – 4 April 1942

After the liberation of Poland, Polish explored breaches in German defence and invaded North Germany. Berlin was taken just before a New Year. Armoured Car brigades very successfully cut off German South army and reached Italian border in less than one month. Those brigades also spoiled German strategic redeployment.

By the end of 1941 French destroyed almost half of Italian invading army and British took Libya. However, at the same time Italians broke through Greek defences and took South Greece.

In February Polish commenced an offensive in South Germany and destroyed a whole South German and army and reinforcements. By the end of March Polish liberated Austria and Czechoslovakia, and reached French positions.

The Netherlands joined the war but were overrun by Germans only Amsterdam with the help of Polish Airborne Divisions was saved.

French started an offensive in North France and reached Belgium border. In a mean time Italians reinforced Italian army in France and commenced a second offensive reaching Toulouse and Dijon again.

Italian army in Balkans at last crushed Greek army and entered Athens in January. Greece surrendered.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3411101Brigades.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3410601Tables.jpg

In 5 months French army together with expeditionary forces in France increased by 133,000.
Polish army increased by 43,000.
However, German army decreased by 351,000! I think this is mainly because of destruction of German North Army, but there was also heavy fighting in France.

Last edited:
Parts IV-V

Hungarian Invasion
4 April 1942 – 1 June 1942

On 4 April 1942 Hungary joined the war and invaded Poland. The offensive in West Germany was halted.

Hungarians quickly liberated Slovakia and occupied South Poland. However, at the same time 78,000 Polish invaded North Italy, destroyed the last Italian reserves (128,000) in Italy and within one month conquered all Italy and liberated Greece. The reason of the quick Polish victory was previous French victory in South France, during which French destroyed about 20 Italian divisions.

In June, Polish divisions arrived from Italy and a counter-offensive started. 169,000 Polish faced 362,000 Hungarians. Polish routed Hungarian army in Slovakia. Within one month Bratislava, Budapest, Pecs and Debrecen were taken and Hungary surrendered.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3420404Brigades.jpg

Navies Comparison

HoI3420404Navy.jpg

Airs Comparison

HoI3420404Air.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3420404Tables.jpg

Final Assault in West
1 June 1942 – 21 September 1942

Following the fall of Italy and Hungary almost all Polish divisions were sent to West Germany in preparation for the final assault. Only 33,000 Polish were sent to Greece to defend against 156,000 Bulgarians who reached Athens.

In June Danish with a help of two Polish Airborne divisions broke through German defences and liberated Denmark and invaded North Germany. Polish broke German defence in the centre and moved forward.

By the end of July, North German group was almost destroyed and German Holland was cut off from the rest of German army.

In Greece three Polish divisions underestimated Bulgarian army and commenced an offensive which was at the beginning very successful. However, Bulgarians who had numerical superiority 5:1 repulsed Polish attack and front stabilised in Central Greece.

During next two months Polish encircled German South Group and commenced assault on Bitburg the last German bastion.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3420601Brigades.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3420601Tables.jpg

Last edited:
This AAR is simply amazing. It inspired me to try a similar game as Poland. What forces did you build starting in 1936?

Part VI

The Soviet Invasion
21 September 1942 – 1 February 1943

On 21 September 1942, the Soviet Union declared war. 2,750.000 soviets moved west. Within one month the Soviets occupied Estonia, Latvia and half of Poland.

Germans surrendered on 26 September 1942 and almost whole Polish army about 410.000 soldiers were transferred to east.

In November, the Soviets rushed through nonexistent Polish right flank and conquered Hungary, Czechoslovakia and East Austria.

During next two months, the Soviets took West Austria and West Germany where at last met French and Danish armies. The Soviet advance to Italy was stopped by brave Polish paratroopers.

Polish in Balkans tried to push through Bulgarian defences for the second time but again unsuccessfully. Divisions had to retreat due to supply problems but a new frontline was established.

Land Armies Comparison

HoI3420921Brigades.jpg

Navies Comparison

HoI3420921Navy.jpg

Airs Comparison

HoI3420921Air.jpg

Economy Comparison

HoI3420921Tables.jpg

Last edited:
This AAR is simply amazing. It inspired me to try a similar game as Poland. What forces did you build starting in 1936?

Sorry for delay but I have responded in your thread. I hope beat Germans :)

Ha, lucky Bulgarians. :cool:

Yes they were real pain in my ... :D I had even use Transport planes to send supplies and later paratroopers to beat them at last.