• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think we should see some updates around:
- More depth on Republics work, More impact on the gameplay from the agenda of the political parties. Some kind of Cursus Honorum would also give republics more attachment to characters.
- Creation and maintenance of puppet states is already possible through a different set of ways. But it should also be possible to define their culture or religion for example by making their elites be of that culture/religion so population will with time move into their direction, we should also be able to define their government type monarchy or republic)
- Trade system rework, it could be a catalyst for war, it should have more impact on your diplomacy also (not sure how)
- More synergies with Gods an conquest. If I want the bonus of god A I will conquer pops of that religion or get its holy sight. Let's say I get got god A (eg: Cybele) and Athena both are cultural gods, so I will have a process to have one or both of the Cybele bonus into Athena. Athena would also start working as a god for that religion in your country.
- Holy sights should also be more important, making it also a drive to conquer them. maybe provide a 50% bonus only to the nation controlling it.
- I should be able to demand an ally to break an alliance with another country, so if I attack that other country I don't loose my ally.
- At the end of each war we should have the option to keep all slaves captured during the was (very much like demanding hostages as it happened) or giving them back in exchange of a decrease in AE for example or an addition in stability.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It would be nice to get some sort of an update.

Not a huge fan of just complete silence. Is there a new patch on the way? New DLC? Expansion?

Some communication would be appreciated.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So... To recap here. I saw some concern over on Reddit, thought I'd bring it to the forums to see how others feel...

We've clearly seen a massive improvement between 1.5 to 2.0.
There's been a marked improvement in terms of the quality (at least in my own gameplay experiences) and the political situation in the early and mid game is at least more interesting than it was in previous iterations of the game. That said - there are still some glaring holes that I think everyone can agree need to be shifted and changed around. There's also the good news that the player base has shot up as well. It seems we're floating around 2000 per day compared to a sub 500 during 1.5.

So that brings me to the main question here which I originally saw concern over on Reddit:

When/what do people think is coming next? Imperator doesn't seem to have any slot at PDX's event coming up this month. Which is concerning given the amount of other titles that seem to be getting some attention. Cause for concern? Or am I being paranoid?
I feel like a religion and culture update and flavor would be welcomed as for now both are just modifiers changers rather than something that influences the gameplay and strategy

• 2Like
Reactions:
Expanded map to include Scandinavia complete with a formable Sweden tag. LOL

I guess part of the problem is that for much of the map, we know little about what went on. France and Germany are more or less real estate for Rome to move into, Iberia is the same for Carthage as well as Rome. One advantage for the player is that there's a bit of sandboxing to be had when playing/developing these assorted tribes, and there can be some fun moments, like Albion keeping Rome out of Britain, or Gaul taking most of Europe, but even then, it's not like there's much for features as there are for Rome, Carthage, the Diadochi, and India.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few features/developments on characters and diplomacy - diplomatically annexing someone should be different than martially annexing someone. While doing it by war may be faster, doing it by diplomacy may yield better long term results. Maybe I get more characters, maybe I get happier characters or parties, maybe I upset characters and parties, maybe the populace is easier to integrate or starts off happier...

Reactions:

I guess part of the problem is that for much of the map, we know little about what went on. France and Germany are more or less real estate for Rome to move into, Iberia is the same for Carthage as well as Rome. One advantage for the player is that there's a bit of sandboxing to be had when playing/developing these assorted tribes, and there can be some fun moments, like Albion keeping Rome out of Britain, or Gaul taking most of Europe, but even then, it's not like there's much for features as there are for Rome, Carthage, the Diadochi, and India.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few features/developments on characters and diplomacy - diplomatically annexing someone should be different than martially annexing someone. While doing it by war may be faster, doing it by diplomacy may yield better long term results. Maybe I get more characters, maybe I get happier characters or parties, maybe I upset characters and parties, maybe the populace is easier to integrate or starts off happier...
You can annex diplomatically. Target country needs 100+ opinion, you ask for tribute, or become feudatory (or whatever is available) and if they accept, you can start integrating ten years later.

Reactions:
I've been thinking it would be very nice if annexing diplomatically would keep the province bonuses (investments) that the AI usually puts into their capital provinces. If I've conquered a territory, it would make sense that the infrastructure that went into raising the pop cap, extra trade routes etc is destroyed in the process - but if I diplomatically integrate a nation, surely those bonuses should remain?

• 5Like
Reactions:
I feel like a religion and culture update and flavor would be welcomed as for now both are just modifiers changers rather than something that influences the gameplay and strategy
We just got culture and religion updates in 2020. I don't expect those to be on the docket anytime soon. Trade, government, and diplomacy are next. But smaller flavor DLCs for religion and culture would be much welcome in between the major expansions.

This is a major issue I had starting the game, all the major players are a bit locked behind dlc (Greeks) or just destined to take over (Carthage and Rome).

I think the games longevity is going to have to be through start dates and scenarios. Be nice to fend off Alexander as the Persians or restore the Assyrian empire.

This is a major issue I had starting the game, all the major players are a bit locked behind dlc (Greeks) or just destined to take over (Carthage and Rome).

I think the games longevity is going to have to be through start dates and scenarios. Be nice to fend off Alexander as the Persians or restore the Assyrian empire.
Before the first Diadochi War (just after Alexanders Death) could be interesting too. Seleukids, Antigonids wouldnt be so big,, and a lot more diadochi pretenders would exist.

I surely can't be the only one who hopes for a later start date, too (so that we can play into the Imperial period, and/or recreate Caesar's exploits?

As it is, having the game end so relatively early leaves a whole bunch of time before CK3 period not covered... Hopefully this will be addressed at some point - and I'd rather it be through an extension of I:R's timeframe than, say, a brand new title.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Before the first Diadochi War (just after Alexanders Death) could be interesting too. Seleukids, Antigonids wouldnt be so big,, and a lot more diadochi pretenders would exist.
Seleukids wouldn't exist (Seleucus was still just another officer in Perdiccas's army). It would basically be like it currently is, except with Perdiccas controlling most of what is now Antigonid and Seleucid territory (Antigonus would have a bit of Anatolia on his own). Not that the territorial divisions really meant anything at that point, as they were still essentially just generals with armies, and hadn't really even begun trying to construct states.

Seleukids wouldn't exist (Seleucus was still just another officer in Perdiccas's army). It would basically be like it currently is, except with Perdiccas controlling most of what is now Antigonid and Seleucid territory (Antigonus would have a bit of Anatolia on his own). Not that the territorial divisions really meant anything at that point, as they were still essentially just generals with armies, and hadn't really even begun trying to construct states.
A bit later then? After Perdiccas death? And before Alexander's son was killed. There should be a way to play and him inheriting everything (maybe by force).