Next Expansion: Green Planet Announcement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azurespecter

Influencer Manager
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Industries

It's finally here! The next expansion in the award winning game:
GreenPlanetLogo.png

The next step in mankind's quest to becoming a multi-planetary species is coming! Prepare your colonists for their newest mission: turning the red wastes of Mars into a Green Planet, and a new home for the human race.

Green Planet will be available on Steam, GOG, Xbox One, PS4, and our own Paradox Store

Learn more on Steam: https://pdxint.at/2uW602V

Want to know more?

Follow along on our social media channels and the forums to discover Green Planet and all the features coming your way!

• Wednesday, April 10th
    - Animal Pack Naming Contest
    - Live Stream at 3pm CET: Sharing more information on the Animal Pack and naming contest

• Thursday, April 11th
    - Dev Diary #1

• Friday, April 12th
    - Video Tutorial #1

• Monday, April 15th
    - Name reveal for Animal Pack
    - FAQ for Animal Pack
We'll continue to have video dev diaries, video tutorials, and more each week!

The release date for Green Planet will be announced at a later time.

Happy Terraforming!

Terraforming? Nerdgasm!

So looking forward this expansion ! The teaser provide a glimpse but the Animal thingy got my curiosity ^^

Hope the radio channels will receive some update to provide messages and updates on the terraforming process during gameplay !

Keep the news and hard work going guys !

I have season pass, will i get that expansion free' and also will i get the forum icon of that game?

I would simply ask : will this be included with the season pass?

I lost count as it said two packs and two expansion, and I think there was only ONE expansion to date, which was space race, but we had 3 other content (the music plus the design and dome set.

So I suppose this one count as the last expansion of the season pass but would like an official confirmation about that.

P.S. I'm asking because I stupidly bought the previous expansion as I forgot I had a season pass for this game (Paradox surely reimbursed me but anyway, would like to avoid the same issue there)

I have season pass, will i get that expansion free' and also will i get the forum icon of that game?
I would simply ask : will this be included with the season pass?

I lost count as it said two packs and two expansion, and I think there was only ONE expansion to date, which was space race, but we had 3 other content (the music plus the design and dome set.

So I suppose this one count as the last expansion of the season pass but would like an official confirmation about that.

P.S. I'm asking because I stupidly bought the previous expansion as I forgot I had a season pass for this game (Paradox surely reimbursed me but anyway, would like to avoid the same issue there)

‘Green Planet’ was first revealed on the steam page for the Season Pass ar least all the way back when Space Race was released, if not earlier. So, its definitely part of the Season Pass. Given that no other unreleased expansions were listed, I’m inclined to think it is the last on the Season Pass.

Anyway, as for the expansion itself, I can’t wait to see footage, and I really like that animation at the end of the trailer. I sincerely hope that true terraforming is a long process and be much more difficult than building wonders.

On a related note, I would love it if paraterraforming is an option. I just want to dome over Valles Marineris in its entirety so badly. Even just doming over one of the canyon maps would scratch that itch.

I’d also like to recommend, for anyone eager to get started on turning Mars green, Terragenesis. A mobile game, with all that implies, but a solid and reasonably scientificaly accurate game for all that. Also, Isaac Arthur has spme great videos on youtube about terraforming, with some emphasis on Mars.

Anyway, as for the expansion itself, I can’t wait to see footage, and I really like that animation at the end of the trailer. I sincerely hope that true terraforming is a long process and be much more difficult than building wonders.

To hazard a guess, basic things like growing some lichen around your domes will probably be available fairly early on. Maybe even before the founder stage.

But true terraforming on the global scale is going to be endgame and, if I'm reading the Steam page right, require the construction of multiple wonders just to get things moving along.

And the subsequent DLC will be Blue Planet?

‘Green Planet’ was first revealed on the steam page for the Season Pass ar least all the way back when Space Race was released, if not earlier. So, its definitely part of the Season Pass. Given that no other unreleased expansions were listed, I’m inclined to think it is the last on the Season Pass.

Thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten that, even I'm a early player (I did pre-purchase the game). I did the same mistake with HOI4, stupidly bought an expansion before remembering I was a Season Pass owner ;)

is it possible to screw up terraforming causing a disaster? (please say yes)

According to the Steam summary...yes!

Climate Calamities
Terraforming a planet can have unexpected consequences. If you release too many greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere you can trigger acid rain which reduces soil quality, or if an asteroid slams into the planet it will cause a Marsquake that can disrupt your colony’s production.

Kind of curious if the existing disasters become rarer as you terraform the planet, and get replaced by these. Ie as you make Mars wetter, dust storms get replaced by wind storms that don't block solar panels and give turbines an even bigger boost, but cause heavier matience penalties that can't be mitagated with anti-dust technologies.

According to the Steam summary...yes!

Kind of curious if the existing disasters become rarer as you terraform the planet, and get replaced by these. Ie as you make Mars wetter, dust storms get replaced by wind storms that don't block solar panels and give turbines an even bigger boost, but cause heavier matience penalties that can't be mitagated with anti-dust technologies.

Just to elaborate, here’s the entire description on Steam:

Make Mars habitable and build a second home for humanity in Surviving Mars: Green Planet.
Terraforming
Terraform Mars and make the hostile planet habitable for humanity. Each decision you make while managing your colony can affect the Terraforming Parameters, which include the Atmosphere, Temperature, Water, and Vegetation, and ideally brings them closer to habitable levels. Monitor your progress on a planetary scale with the Planetary Overview UI.
Green Mars
Seed the surface of Mars with various lichen, grass, shrubs, or trees and watch as they begin to turn the Red Planet green. Low maintenance plants like Lichen can improve the soil quality to help more complex plants grow while Trees produce high seed yields for your colony to harvest. Be sure to monitor your soil quality levels to keep your plants healthy and growing.
Special Projects
Take on seven challenging Special Projects like melting the polar caps, capturing ice asteroids, launching a space mirror, and more to begin shifting the Terraforming Parameters. Be careful, these projects will have a lasting impact on the planet and can trigger natural disasters!
7 New Wonders of Mars
Construct seven new buildings that can help you terraform the planet or capitalize on the changes. Use the GHG factory to release greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, the Forestation Plant to boost vegetation production, the Water Pump to fill lake bed, and more.
Climate Calamities
Terraforming a planet can have unexpected consequences. If you release too many greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere you can trigger acid rain which reduces soil quality, or if an asteroid slams into the planet it will cause a Marsquake that can disrupt your colony’s production.