• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trinitrotoluen

tu felix Austria
18 Badges
Sep 16, 2003
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
Welcome to News from Mitteleuropa!

Recently I was reading my morning paper and thought that it would be fun to create a somewhat different AAR. Then I picked up DH during a Steam sale and (re)discovered Kaiserreich and the rest is history as they say...

The details:
I am using Kaiserreich 1.7.1. No full IC or tech team take-over. No cheats though I reserve the right to fix border gore (mostly) caused by peace annex/release events.

Contrary to the initial impression you might have, the German Reich is not the player nation. Since it is the global hegemon however I thought it gives the best viewpoint to portray events all over the world. The newspaper setting also lets me play with expectations as events that in-game aren't important at all (e.g. picking the bride of the Austrian Emperor) would in reality be a very big deal. At the same time events that will shape the destiny of a game would fly under the radar of even a well-informed citizen (or be picked up with much delay).

I decided to stick with quite a few German terms and conventions. Everything should be self-explanatory but I am happy to clarify things if there is any confusion. After winning the Weltkrieg it just makes sense to me that a victorious Reich would start to display a certain amount of cultural arrogance (for lack of a better word).

So, without further ado here is the first frontpage of the Mitteleuropäische Nachrichten:

QYibl5I.gif

---

Previous Editions:
Maps of the Kaiserreich Universe

19. 01. 1936 (see above)
04. 02. 1936
27. 02. 1936
14. 03. 1936
28. 03. 1936
19. 04. 1936
20. 05. 1936
10. 06. 1936
20. 06. 1936
09. 07. 1936
22. 07. 1936
04. 08. 1936
17. 08. 1936
02. 09. 1936
15. 09. 1936
22. 09. 1936
18. 10. 1936
08. 11. 1936
14. 11. 1936
25. 11. 1936
09. 12. 1936
20. 12. 1936
29. 12. 1936
08. 01. 1937
22. 01. 1937
10. 02. 1937
21. 02. 1937
28. 02. 1937
09. 03. 1937
10. 03. 1937
20. 03. 1937
10. 04. 1937
21. 04. 1937
06. 05. 1937
Interlude I: The American Civil War
16. 05. 1937
24. 05. 1937
12. 06. 1937
07. 07. 1937
22. 07. 1937

Last edited:
Reactions:
*Subs :D

Looks interesting, subscribed!

A classic format, I'm hooked :D

Thanks for all the interest.

Which nation -are- you playing as? Also, subbed. Very cool idea.

I am not telling (yet). :) I know which direction I want the story to take but I'll have to wait and see if the other countries cooperate. Occasionally the AI just wants to watch the world burn...

SEMxrCu.gif

Last edited:
Reactions:
I always change Hjalmar Schacht to Walther Rathenau when playing Germany, for several reasons: He's a better minister, it makes roleplaying sense when responding to the economic crisis, and he was a morally upstanding patriot in real history. Seriously, look him up!

So,by another words its a hands-off game but in a style of film.A good quality of updates,sub

Isn't Mackenzie king PM at the beginning and not Bennett ? :p

Phew. Minor details. ;) I've fixed it now.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Also I've just noticed another inconsistency: Graf von der Schulenburg is the Reich's starting foreign minister, not the ambassador to Russia as IRL. So I'll just assume that the other Schulenburg mentioned is a distant cousin or some other relation who got the job through nepotism. For a variety of reasons I want to keep people near their historical positions as long it is somewhat plausible.

I always change Hjalmar Schacht to Walther Rathenau when playing Germany, for several reasons: He's a better minister, it makes roleplaying sense when responding to the economic crisis, and he was a morally upstanding patriot in real history. Seriously, look him up!

I don't play the Reich myself, so I won't change its ministers. There are Reichstag elections coming up anyway.

There are quite a few morally "questionable" characters running around the Kaiserreich world, many of them in a position of power (or scheming to get there). In a way that is what makes the mod so compelling. It can end up a far better universe than our own timeline or one that is far, far worse.

So,by another words its a hands-off game but in a style of film.A good quality of updates,sub

Not quite hands-off but I won't go out of my way to upset the world order too much. At least until the second Weltkrieg starts.

Welcome to News from Mitteleuropa!

Recently I was reading my morning paper and thought that it would be fun to create a somewhat different AAR. Then I picked up DH during a Steam sale and (re)discovered Kaiserreich and the rest is history as they say...

The details:
I am using Kaiserreich 1.7.1. No full IC or tech team take-over. No cheats though I reserve the right to fix border gore (mostly) caused by peace annex/release events.

Contrary to the initial impression you might have, the German Reich is not the player nation. Since it is the global hegemon however I thought it gives the best viewpoint to portray events all over the world. The newspaper setting also lets me play with expectations as events that in-game aren't important at all (e.g. picking the bride of the Austrian Emperor) would in reality be a very big deal. At the same time events that will shape the destiny of a game would fly under the radar of even a well-informed citizen (or be picked up with much delay).

I decided to stick with quite a few German terms and conventions. Everything should be self-explanatory but I am happy to clarify things if there is any confusion. After winning the Weltkrieg it just makes sense to me that a victorious Reich would start to display a certain amount of cultural arrogance (for lack of a better word).

So, without further ado here is the first frontpage of the Mitteleuropäische Nachrichten:

QYibl5I.gif
Subbed, this looks great.
I love it when people do new/unusual things with AARs, especially when they do it well.
I finished reading your Alarmstufe Rot AAR, great job, it was fantastic. I especially loved the short narrative style through the eyes of Richtofen.

Reactions:
Outrageous! This paper is nothing but a vessel for bourgeois propaganda against the progressive workers' state :D

Actually, Codreanu is a Conducador

Reactions: