• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The fixes are a big improvement. Nice work!

I do think though that some changes to ensure a historical outcome for Russia would be a welcome improvement. Right now it's too difficult for the German AI to beat Russia. It would be awesome if there were event chains for an alternate outcome of WW1 but right now when a game results in an ahistorical outcome to WW1 (including Russia surviving) it feels like the game goes very oddly. If I'm reading the events right (no guarantee of that) it seems to me that there are whole files which will simply never fire because RUS =/= SOV.

I know I could use the 1919 save file, and I'm probably being picky by not using it, but I would like to fight WW1 and be relatively assured of a historical outcome. Right now you're basically assured of a historical outcome for Germany and the west, but Russia (and to a lesser extent the Ottomans) is 50/50 at best.

Hey V the last three games I played ended up with the Sovs and Germany lost. The first three games went wrong though. What I do is play handsoff games as Oman or some minor and let it run until I get a good WW1 or whatever outcome I am looking for. I have monthly autosaves and do Jan saves each year. Then you can step in whenever you want and play whatever country you want. I just played the 1914 scenario on DH Full and it came out with a CP victory. It is really hard to get the game to be playable and have a historical WW1 outcome. We have spent so many hours working that specific issue. Try a few quick handsoff games and let me know how it goes.
delanonne

it doesnt work :( it comes up with like 1938 scenario 1945 doomsday etc

Hey G did you do this...?
OK F so you downloaded the mod from the MediaFire link or Mega link on page one post one of this thread? What is the file size? OK then you need to unzip the downloaded file into the Darkest Hour Mods folder. Do not download it someplace else and move it. Then check in the actual mods folder and make sure that the TGC folder is in there. Then try the launcher and see if it is in there and launch it. The file that you download from the link should say TGC New 23-10-15 and be 1.22 GB before you unzip it. Try all of that and let me know.
delanonne

PS In the upper right corner it should say TGC New and have the correct checksum. The only scenario that we support is the first one on top that says 1914 to 1991. The other scenarios are there because they used to all work but, the new version of DH causes them to all not work right. They kind of work but you play them at your own risk.

If got a problem here. I started the grand campaign 1914. so far all events fired and went fine, germany lost ww1 ... now i am around year 1925 / 26 and the IC Balancing fires for some nations. Problem is that the popups fire and loop bigger and bigger from year to year and bring down my pc. otherwise i can run the game full speed all time everytime, just it seems the IC balancing infinite loops . is there a way around ?

Hey! I love the mod, kindof what I always wanted from HoI2 - I enjoy building up the economy, and taking a smaller power to relevance. I do have a question though, sorry if it has been answered already! I noticed that they event to build up additional resources in your country, which is key for long term growth, does not include energy? or it only boosts metal, RM, and oil. I modded it to include energy, but is there an alternate event that boosts energy somewhere? or some other factor I am missing? Hopefully I am not unbalancing the game!

If got a problem here. I started the grand campaign 1914. so far all events fired and went fine, germany lost ww1 ... now i am around year 1925 / 26 and the IC Balancing fires for some nations. Problem is that the popups fire and loop bigger and bigger from year to year and bring down my pc. otherwise i can run the game full speed all time everytime, just it seems the IC balancing infinite loops . is there a way around ?

Hey H post number 36 on page two has the fix. It will fire only every 90 days which is what should have happened. We had several versions of this event and the latest has the firing too much problem. The old version works better and has Germany, the Sovs and Japan when they are AI countries. This event is to prevent countries from having too much IC built up during the interwar years. We used to get the Sovs with 1000 IC and 1000 divisions. It is better now. Oh also the Germans were always winning Barbarossa which was stopped by the Sovs with the 1000/1000 problem but then the Sovs always took over the world except for the new world. Let me know if you still have problems.
delanonne

Hey! I love the mod, kindof what I always wanted from HoI2 - I enjoy building up the economy, and taking a smaller power to relevance. I do have a question though, sorry if it has been answered already! I noticed that they event to build up additional resources in your country, which is key for long term growth, does not include energy? or it only boosts metal, RM, and oil. I modded it to include energy, but is there an alternate event that boosts energy somewhere? or some other factor I am missing? Hopefully I am not unbalancing the game!

Hey Y the exploration event leaves out energy on purpose since it is less of a problem. I do not think that you adding it to the event is gonna break anything. I think most people play Germany which does not have a problem with energy. Italy on the other hand does have energy problems. So do whatever you want. No biggie I think.
delanonne

PS 401 downloads on Media Fire as of this morning.

@ delanonne . Thanks the fix worked out. Things i noticed. The swiss got ropped in ww1 and this was weird. japan was in overdrive and had before the marco polo incident 300+ IC. the other major powers worked out so far. Question aside . In the great depression how does one survive without tenthousands of money in dept ?

@ delanonne . Thanks the fix worked out. Things i noticed. The swiss got ropped in ww1 and this was weird. japan was in overdrive and had before the marco polo incident 300+ IC. the other major powers worked out so far. Question aside . In the great depression how does one survive without tenthousands of money in dept ?

Hey H the depression is a bitch. AI countries cannot go negative on money but players can and do. I have had the US need until 1938 to end up with positive money. Of course you cannot build anything when your money is negative. The length of the depression vary a lot. I have seen it end in a few months and also continue into 1938 and this does not count the negative money balance. You can just grin and bear it or you can cheat and turn your country over to the AI for a day and play Oman or Haiti. Your money will go back to zero instead of minus ten thousand. It is up to you. I used to use the cheat but not any more. Oh it helps if you have a big bunch of money when the depression hits. You will stay positive longer and continue to build units. You will still run out but it is better than starting it when broke. I hope this helps.
delanonne

PS The Swiss thing is kinda rare but it does happen. There is even a small possibility that Serbia will fold and no WW1. It will happen later anyway which makes it hard for the Germans with the Failure of the Summer Offensive always firing in Oct. 1918.

Major bug in 1914-1991 scenario in alternate Versailles!
*Playing as German Empire
*Defeated France and Belgium
*After bloody fight captured Petrograd
*Here comes the bug: Russians sent demands so I could cede some border provinces to them or refuse; soon after "postwar world" event popped up, while I was still at war with ENG and RUS. There were no events about peace treaty with RUS, just "Nicolas II flees" and something about Provisional Government.

BTW which scenario is the best to choose besides apparently bugged "first world war"?

I'm not sure, but some early postwar events such as revolutions/coups/unrest among defeated nations could be more common, not just in Germany or Russia. BTW 2.08.1914 German Empire sent an ultimatum to Belgium about free access but with guarentee of BEL territory and independence in exchange. Belgium refused, so Germany attacked. What about mini-event that could allow BEL to join CP if they accept ultimatum?

Last edited:
Major bug in 1914-1991 scenario in alternate Versailles!
*Playing as German Empire
*Defeated France and Belgium
*After bloody fight captured Petrograd
*Here comes the bug: Russians sent demands so I could cede some border provinces to them or refuse; soon after "postwar world" event popped up, while I was still at war with ENG and RUS. There were no events about peace treaty with RUS, just "Nicolas II flees" and something about Provisional Government.

BTW which scenario is the best to choose besides apparently bugged "first world war"?

I'm not sure, but some early postwar events such as revolutions/coups/unrest among defeated nations could be more common, not just in Germany or Russia. BTW 2.08.1914 German Empire sent an ultimatum to Belgium about free access but with guarentee of BEL territory and independence in exchange. Belgium refused, so Germany attacked. What about mini-event that could allow BEL to join CP if they accept ultimatum?

Hey M the mod does not support alt-history yet. You can get non-historical outcomes but they may or may not work. The originator of the mod Burning put a few things in there but did not follow up on any of them in detail. In fact that is what we want to work on next along with some other improvements. The mod only supports the top scenario. The others are from DH Full and NWO2. They used to work fine but since 1.04 final a lot of funny things are happening to events. If we get it all figured out then they may start working again. The NWO scenarios used to work fine and the events from it should be ok. When we have CP victory worked up the Belgium idea would be good. We just lost one of our programmer so we shall have to see how it goes.
delanonne

Sorry, but AFAIK vanilla DH contains proper peace events for alternate Versailles. However, defeated non-communist Russia is bugged in this case.
BTW "Day of Decision" scenatio keeps Hindenburg as HoS of GER, so vanilla events/decisions (such as ban on Weimar flag etc) are not available. GER still kepps her PA profile.

OH, NWO events are also bugged. As far as I remember, peace treaty between SOV and GER is bugged especially if GER is allied with France (which I usually do playing as GER).

Sorry, but AFAIK vanilla DH contains proper peace events for alternate Versailles. However, defeated non-communist Russia is bugged in this case.
BTW "Day of Decision" scenatio keeps Hindenburg as HoS of GER, so vanilla events/decisions (such as ban on Weimar flag etc) are not available. GER still kepps her PA profile.

OH, NWO events are also bugged. As far as I remember, peace treaty between SOV and GER is bugged especially if GER is allied with France (which I usually do playing as GER).

Hey M thanks for the feedback. There are some alt-history events in the mod but we did not put them there. As you say some come with vanilla DH and some come from other mods that have been incorporated into TGC. Some outcomes work fairly well like Russia surviving WW1. It is acutually a lot of fun. I am playing a game as Germany but without Hitler since I shot them all during the Putsch. It works real well and is a lot of fun. Sometimes you have to use cheats to fix problems like an election with an autocratic country. DH 1.04 final has caused some events to stop working. We are still trying to figure out why and how to fix it. You are invited to help if you have the time and ability to do events.
delanonne

Hey G did you do this...?
OK F so you downloaded the mod from the MediaFire link or Mega link on page one post one of this thread? What is the file size? OK then you need to unzip the downloaded file into the Darkest Hour Mods folder. Do not download it someplace else and move it. Then check in the actual mods folder and make sure that the TGC folder is in there. Then try the launcher and see if it is in there and launch it. The file that you download from the link should say TGC New 23-10-15 and be 1.22 GB before you unzip it. Try all of that and let me know.
delanonne

PS In the upper right corner it should say TGC New and have the correct checksum. The only scenario that we support is the first one on top that says 1914 to 1991. The other scenarios are there because they used to all work but, the new version of DH causes them to all not work right. They kind of work but you play them at your own risk.

I had the same problem, and it was the file extracting into a folder with the program folder within. ie,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\TGC New 23-10-15\TGC New 23-10-15

Getting rid of the first level (I copied the internal TGC folder, deleted the file in Mods, and copied it back so there was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\TGC New 23-10-15
and opening the TGC folder would get to the ai, etc folders. It was the only way I got the proper checksum

Kind of bulky, but it worked.

I had the same problem, and it was the file extracting into a folder with the program folder within. ie,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\TGC New 23-10-15\TGC New 23-10-15

Getting rid of the first level (I copied the internal TGC folder, deleted the file in Mods, and copied it back so there was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\TGC New 23-10-15
and opening the TGC folder would get to the ai, etc folders. It was the only way I got the proper checksum

Kind of bulky, but it worked.

Hey N thanks. When I uploaded it I just uploaded the zipped version of my personal game. So I figured that unzipping it into the mods folder would do the trick. This is pretty new to me since someone else always upoaded the mod. I will get it figured out or get someone else to do it.
delanonne

I have run into a fatal problem in the mod. When ever the IC Penalty event comes up, it starts a experdentail feedback loop which will make the USSR have 0 IC and produces over 1,500 events. Then the events will produce another 1,500 events ON TOP of the original events every time they fire. I had to comment out the command that triggers the event out to stop this.

I have run into a fatal problem in the mod. When ever the IC Penalty event comes up, it starts a experdentail feedback loop which will make the USSR have 0 IC and produces over 1,500 events. Then the events will produce another 1,500 events ON TOP of the original events every time they fire. I had to comment out the command that triggers the event out to stop this.

Hey S you need to apply the fix in post number 36. The IC penalty event is supposed to fire every 90 days. The version in the mod now is bugged as you know. It is actually a newer version. The fix is the older version. I just added Japan to the event so that Germany, the Sovs and now Japan get it. I am thinking about adding Italy also. Let me know what you think. We already reduced Italy's land units limit down from 75 to 50 units. It seems to be working pretty well.
delanonne

Ok I give that a go. Also I want to know why does the Army limiter removes the choice of building anymore troops until 1935? It made things quite difficult to fend off japan's 90+ divisions with 50 divisions. (Playing as Nat China)

Ok I give that a go. Also I want to know why does the Army limiter removes the choice of building anymore troops until 1935? It made things quite difficult to fend off japan's 90+ divisions with 50 divisions. (Playing as Nat China)

Hey S the reason for that is to stop the AI countries from going crazy with new units. The best example is the Sovs with 1000 IC and 1000 divisions. It messes up the game big time. China needs some love but never gets it since Limith is gone. We do not have the manpower to touch the mess that is China. I did fix the problem with Japan dowing the Sovs when still at war with China. That always lead to the end of Japan. I do not know if the new version fixed it or not though.
delanonne

Hey S the reason for that is to stop the AI countries from going crazy with new units. The best example is the Sovs with 1000 IC and 1000 divisions. It messes up the game big time. China needs some love but never gets it since Limith is gone. We do not have the manpower to touch the mess that is China. I did fix the problem with Japan dowing the Sovs when still at war with China. That always lead to the end of Japan. I do not know if the new version fixed it or not though.
delanonne

There are event commands for returning the size of an army. There are commands for demobilizing an army. There are commands in the AI for getting a country to stop or trim back on making new units, and spending the IC on other things.