• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

delanonne

General
5 Badges
Apr 28, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
The Grand Campaign 1914-1991
Newest Version - {4-9-2018} Checksum MUZQ for 1.051 version
Download
Install Instructions
  1. Download the .rar file from one of the above links
  2. Unzip the file to your ".../darkest hour/mod" folder
  3. Run darkest hour and in the launcher choose the TGC mod in the bottom right dropdown
  4. This rar version is about 656 mb. I used winrar and It works well and is free. If you want to add music you can just take the music folder from the old version and put it on your desktop or some place. After you install the new version you can copy the music back into the folder for the mod.
  5. There is a good WW1 save Trucial State November 23 1918.
  6. There is a good 1930 save also for those who want to skip some time.
Update Instructions
WARNING: Finish all ongoing games before updating. Updating WILL cause you to lose all saves.
  1. Delete the TGC folder from your ".../darkest hour/mod" folder
  2. Follow install instructions.
  3. If the checksums are the same then you can copy the save games from the scenario folder into the save game folder of the new version. Sometimes it even works with older saved games but, proceed at your own risk.
Change log...
1) OK you have all seen Tera Bs dev diaries so you have seen many of the new events that have been added. He is still working on a new dev diary devoted to the work of Chris Fox.

2) We have also added events for Finland that offer a civil war upon independence and lots of other goodies for Finland.

3) The Sweden files are still messed up so I put the old bandaid on to stop them from getting Finland for free.

4) Conquerer has added some stuff for the Ottos and the RCW which Tera B is also working on.

5) Our good buddy Lubber is back for a bit and finished work on the division pics mostly for tanks for all major countries plus Romania.

6) The All Powerful Q has added tons more ministers, leaders and skins to make us look pretty.

7) Our buddy Dan (You know who you are) has done a ton of work on the AI and our efforts at taming WW1 to come out historic. Before Germany was always losing and now they are always winning. We are much closer though and I am sure we will whip it into shape.

8) This new version has many tweaks to make WW1 behave better.

9) WW2 is working better since I tweaked Barbarossa to come up more historic.

10) Tera B has added a new event chain for the Corfu Crisis between Italy and Greece in the early 20s which can lead to war between them and hopefully Greece is not part of the Entente.

11) Aviso has added in the missing Chinese Navy at the start of the mod. He has done a great job with optional decisions to get ships ordered by the government but never delivered. Makes me want to play China again.

There may be other goodies that we added but, I forget since I am so old.

And by popular request here is the old version of the music with the speeches which I prefer. Just download and unzip somewhere and then put the music folder into the mods' main folder. That should be it.

PS It seems that not all of the speeches are in there but some are. I am still trying to get a version with all of the speeches which I really like.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vp0mtt7ybdmpmq3/music for GC.zip

PPS Here is Tera Bradford's new music pack with lots of neat songs. Enjoy

https://mega.nz/#!Jpx0CZKT!n5mRURHx5ElJor9C7AeIFslXZmHyS16ujKzdErNoZl0

delanonne

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Peasants rejoice !

Hey C it took you almost two whole minutes to be the first to reply to our latest little add. I hope this one works as well as the last time which got us over two hundred new downloads. When you have time enjoy our new improved installation procedure and keep that feedback coming. Oh and watch for a better Russian Civil War.
delanonne

Reactions:
CONGRATULATIONS!

It is great to see such a great mod being updated and worked on continuously. This type of mod, covering such a huge expanse of time, surely defines Darkest Hour as the primary war strategy game. Good Job!

CONGRATULATIONS!

It is great to see such a great mod being updated and worked on continuously. This type of mod, covering such a huge expanse of time, surely defines Darkest Hour as the primary war strategy game. Good Job!

Hey NP thanks a lot for the kind words. We aim to please. If it is not fun then why do it?
delanonne

That is so awesome! Whole morning was trying to make the programme for TGC from the other team work, and then this update comes right in! Thanks a ton!

Hey CD thanks. I think you are talking about us still. There is only one team working on TGC. There is the original software for merging mods from Bizon. It is actually what caused us to turn the AAR mod into the Grand Campaign. Enjoy and please give us feedback if you have time.
delanonne

Hey CD thanks. I think you are talking about us still. There is only one team working on TGC. There is the original software for merging mods from Bizon. It is actually what caused us to turn the AAR mod into the Grand Campaign. Enjoy and please give us feedback if you have time.
delanonne

Yeah, I meant Bizon`s team. Also, I got a question. I really would like to get into modding, so what can I use or whose help can I get, to really rally into that sphere? Please, don`t judge by my Paradox account, I created it some ten minutes ago to actually post a reply to your message, though I`ve been around DH for a couple of years.

Yeah, I meant Bizon`s team. Also, I got a question. I really would like to get into modding, so what can I use or whose help can I get, to really rally into that sphere? Please, don`t judge by my Paradox account, I created it some ten minutes ago to actually post a reply to your message, though I`ve been around DH for a couple of years.

Hey CD no problem. Bizon created that software quite a while ago and does not really support it very much. If you open up your DH folder you have a modding documentation folder with tons of good things to help. There are also modding threads as a subset of the mods thread. Just look at the top of the mods thread. That should keep you busy for many months at least.
delanonne

Hey CD no problem. Bizon created that software quite a while ago and does not really support it very much. If you open up your DH folder you have a modding documentation folder with tons of good things to help. There are also modding threads as a subset of the mods thread. Just look at the top of the mods thread. That should keep you busy for many months at least.
delanonne
Okay, thanks a lot, I`ll check it out!

A really strange bug encountered. German loss events fire in 1918, enen though Germany`s in a stalemate/winning, no post-Russian Empire states like Ukraine, Baltic States are released, Russia, which was created by an event "Assasination Ateempt" gets all the provinces that form Poland`s borders, rest remains a part of Germany (Already Weimar republic).

Did another test run. This time Lenin didn`t die in the event "Assasination Attempt", so no Russian uprisings encountered. However, Gremany, being in a stalemate with the Allies once again, automatically quit the war in 10-12 of october 1918. Just like last time. Poland !was! released, but parts of it went to the Soviets, with Germany keeping the Baltics and Ukraine to themselves. Really strange.

Did another test run. This time Lenin didn`t die in the event "Assasination Attempt", so no Russian uprisings encountered. However, Gremany, being in a stalemate with the Allies once again, automatically quit the war in 10-12 of october 1918. Just like last time. Poland !was! released, but parts of it went to the Soviets, with Germany keeping the Baltics and Ukraine to themselves. Really strange.
Okay, the Versailles treaty fixed Eastern post-Russia states, but !by giving them to Soviets! This is super unlikely, considering the Red Scare among the Allies, who whoul much more likely create puppets, rather than handing the stuff over to the unrecognized Soviet Russia. Still, the problems of unexplainable German loss in october 1918 and weird Polish borders exist.

Okay, the Versailles treaty fixed Eastern post-Russia states, but !by giving them to Soviets! This is super unlikely, considering the Red Scare among the Allies, who whoul much more likely create puppets, rather than handing the stuff over to the unrecognized Soviet Russia. Still, the problems of unexplainable German loss in october 1918 and weird Polish borders exist.
Even weirder than that, the Soviets have given Poland western Ukraine, which they somehow obtained by the Versailles treaty. This is so unlikely, that it makes me cry.

A really strange bug encountered. German loss events fire in 1918, enen though Germany`s in a stalemate/winning, no post-Russian Empire states like Ukraine, Baltic States are released, Russia, which was created by an event "Assasination Ateempt" gets all the provinces that form Poland`s borders, rest remains a part of Germany (Already Weimar republic).

Hey CD the event in October is called Failure of the Summer Offensive. It was made by the maker of the original version of the mod called AAR for Arms, Armistices, and Revolutions. Burning was his name. It's purpose is to pick a date where historically Germany started to really fall apart. This forces Germany to either win before that date or lose the war. AAR mod like this version needs a historical end to WW1 to get a historical WW2. It is not currently set up for ahistorical outcomes. So we kind of force WW1 to end by that day at the latest. It can end before that date with a victory by either side. We plan on adding alt history to the mod soon. A CP victory is the obvious one but, it will take a lot of work. In fact today during testing I got a CP victory and two flavors of Entente Victory, one with the Russians surviving and the other not. So on the fourth try I got a historical outcome except the US got wrapped up in Mexico and was not in WW1. When the Summer Offensive event fires the Germans are supposed to surrender and later you get the Treat y of Versailles in several flavors. All of the eastern countries are supposed to be released. So the bottom line is that the mod was not made to go historical 100 per cent of the time. That would be pretty boring, you might as well watch a movie. I included a Jan 1919 save for those who want a guaranteed end to WW1. If not you get what you get in any given game. The Lenin event is supposed to go historical also most of the time. When it does not you see the kind of things that you got. The Poland-Sov war is supposed to always end up with historical borders right now. We are working on making the Russian Civil War and the Pol-Sov war more interesting. I hope this helps answer your questions somewhat. Let me know if you have any others.
delanonne

Hey CD the event in October is called Failure of the Summer Offensive. It was made by the maker of the original version of the mod called AAR for Arms, Armistices, and Revolutions. Burning was his name. It's purpose is to pick a date where historically Germany started to really fall apart. This forces Germany to either win before that date or lose the war. AAR mod like this version needs a historical end to WW1 to get a historical WW2. It is not currently set up for ahistorical outcomes. So we kind of force WW1 to end by that day at the latest. It can end before that date with a victory by either side. We plan on adding alt history to the mod soon. A CP victory is the obvious one but, it will take a lot of work. In fact today during testing I got a CP victory and two flavors of Entente Victory, one with the Russians surviving and the other not. So on the fourth try I got a historical outcome except the US got wrapped up in Mexico and was not in WW1. When the Summer Offensive event fires the Germans are supposed to surrender and later you get the Treat y of Versailles in several flavors. All of the eastern countries are supposed to be released. So the bottom line is that the mod was not made to go historical 100 per cent of the time. That would be pretty boring, you might as well watch a movie. I included a Jan 1919 save for those who want a guaranteed end to WW1. If not you get what you get in any given game. The Lenin event is supposed to go historical also most of the time. When it does not you see the kind of things that you got. The Poland-Sov war is supposed to always end up with historical borders right now. We are working on making the Russian Civil War and the Pol-Sov war more interesting. I hope this helps answer your questions somewhat. Let me know if you have any others.
delanonne
Thanks for the reply. Really helps to sort all the stuff out. I`ll check if there is anything else and write to you if needed. :^