• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have not been active in years, but DH prompted me to return this weekend.

Now discovered the GC mod, looks awesome, but I cannot get it to run.

I downloaded the file in your first post.
Unzipped it.
Moved the folder "TGC New 10.09.15" to c:/games/steam/steamapps/common/Darkest Hour A HOI Game/Mods

In the launcher, I have TGC New 10.09.15 as option and choose it. I LAUNCH.

Then nothing happens. In the task manager, I can see that Darkest Hour has started, but is not doing anything.

What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:
Have not been active in years, but DH prompted me to return this weekend.

Now discovered the GC mod, looks awesome, but I cannot get it to run.

I downloaded the file in your first post.
Unzipped it.
Moved the folder "TGC New 10.09.15" to c:/games/steam/steamapps/common/Darkest Hour A HOI Game/Mods

In the launcher, I have TGC New 10.09.15 as option and choose it. I LAUNCH.

Then nothing happens. In the task manager, I can see that Darkest Hour has started, but is not doing anything.

What am I doing wrong here?

Hey F you should be fine, do you have DH Full in your pull down menu on the launcher? Does it work? Let me know please.
delanonne

Last edited:
Hey all here is a screenie from a test game today. Germany just gave up but, you can see Japan is doing well. Enjoy...

delanonne

Attachments

• Screen Shot 10-25-15 at 06.36 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 10-25-15 at 06.36 PM.PNG
    936,5 KB · Views: 652
Hey F you should be fine, do you have DH Full in your pull down menu on the launcher? Does it work? Let me know please.
delanonne

Darkest Hour Full is there in the "Load a mod" menu. It works fine, I usually play DH Full.

Not sure what else I can do. Would reaaaaaaaally like to give the TGC a shot. Is it maybe the resolution? I use 1920x1080.

Darkest Hour Full is there in the "Load a mod" menu. It works fine, I usually play DH Full.

Not sure what else I can do. Would reaaaaaaaally like to give the TGC a shot. Is it maybe the resolution? I use 1920x1080.

OK F so you downloaded the mod from the MediaFire link or Mega link on page one post one of this thread? What is the file size? OK then you need to unzip the downloaded file into the Darkest Hour Mods folder. Do not download it someplace else and move it. Then check in the actual mods folder and make sure that the TGC folder is in there. Then try the launcher and see if it is in there and launch it. The file that you download from the link should say TGC New 23-10-15 and be 1.22 GB before you unzip it. Try all of that and let me know.
delanonne

As it is the case most of the time, the mistake lies with the user, which would be me.

I could swear that I downloaded from one of the correct links, but I ended up with the TGC New 10-09-15 version.

I downloaded the correct one now and it works like a charm.

Thanks so much for your work on this mod and your patience in getting me to run it :)

As it is the case most of the time, the mistake lies with the user, which would be me.

I could swear that I downloaded from one of the correct links, but I ended up with the TGC New 10-09-15 version.

I downloaded the correct one now and it works like a charm.

Thanks so much for your work on this mod and your patience in getting me to run it :)

OK F great news. I was wondering why you were talking about the old version. That is why I asked about the checksum. Well fixed now. Enjoy and let me know how it goes. You may see the IC limit events for Ger, Sov and Japan firing too much and locking up the game. Let me know. I have a fix for it already.
delanonne

Hey all 210 downloads on MediaFire so far. If anyone has problems with the mod locking up when the IC limit events fire too much for Ger, Sov and Japan please let me know and I will post a fix for it here.
delanonne

OK nevermind here it is... It goes in db/events/TGC events and overwrite. Let me know if it helps. It should.
delanonne

Attachments

• TGC-ALL-Interwar Setup.txt
    37,8 KB · Views: 589
Hey CJ you can just press ignore and it should be fine. I may have left the mod in debug level 1 which is less forgiving of minor errors. When you start the mod it will say debug on in the upper right corner. It is for troubleshooting and should be turned off. To do it just go into your main DH Folder and open settings.cfg with notepad or notepad++. Line number 9 that says extra debug logs should be set to zero not 1. Then save the file and you will be on the normal setting. I have been doing a lot of debugging and sometimes leave it on level 1. Sorry if I did that. On a happy note we have 261 downloads now on Media Fire. Again I do not know how many downloads on Mega since they do not tell us.
delanonne

Hey all I would like to thank the fans who dowloaded 290 times on Media Fire. If anybody used Mega could you please tell me. I would like to know if it was needed or not. It was a big pain for me since I had to retry many, many times to finally get a good upload. Please keep those comments and feedback coming. I have to go test a new fix to raise the IC limits for the US.
delanonne

The fixes are a big improvement. Nice work!

I do think though that some changes to ensure a historical outcome for Russia would be a welcome improvement. Right now it's too difficult for the German AI to beat Russia. It would be awesome if there were event chains for an alternate outcome of WW1 but right now when a game results in an ahistorical outcome to WW1 (including Russia surviving) it feels like the game goes very oddly. If I'm reading the events right (no guarantee of that) it seems to me that there are whole files which will simply never fire because RUS =/= SOV.

I know I could use the 1919 save file, and I'm probably being picky by not using it, but I would like to fight WW1 and be relatively assured of a historical outcome. Right now you're basically assured of a historical outcome for Germany and the west, but Russia (and to a lesser extent the Ottomans) is 50/50 at best.