Newbie questions from what should be an experienced gamer.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any point in posting this in the technical support part of the forum, or should I just shrug?

It would have to be a literal game breaking bug for them to patch it at this point. Chalk it up to rng weirdness or something. If it happens again you might want to verify your files on Steam, or do a clean reinstall of the game.

I've had two other bugs recently, one of which repeated. In the Davion Flashpoint in which you're hired to assassinate two insurgent Liao-friendly leaders, but end up making things worse, I spent the entire second scenario (I opted to spare the hostages) with my Star League-era Griffin running around as an orange ghost. It didn't affect game play, but it was a little distracting.

Twice I've had situations near the end of generic Recovery missions when half of the sound went out, mostly affecting speech with special effects largely untouched. The first time it happened the game crashed after hitting the acknowledgement that the scenario had ended successfully, and I had to re-play it, which took about 90 minutes. The second time I immediate saved the game, then re-saved after every turn, but there was no crash and the sound came back during the post-mission wrap-up. Other Recovery missions have been bug free.