• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Laggard66

Recruit
Nov 21, 2021
Console player here. Read all I could find on preventing die offs and mitigating damage while they are happening with no luck. I’ve been at 23K for three years with no net population gain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Most of the icons now are for a body waiting to be collected or a house was abandoned because there was a body there. Some say to make sure you have enough hearses available

There are maybe six sick buildings. Tool tip says that the ground is polluted and to make sure healthcare is available. I have six hospitals already.

But ninety six percent of the flashing icons now are for bodies to be picked up or abandoned buildings. It’s almost like people don’t get sick and die. They just up and die and that’s it.

Probably need more crematoriums/cryopresevatories.

Sick or not, people still reach the end of their lifespans. If hearses don't pick them up as fast as they are dying, they start to build up. Then buildings start abandoning.

Polluted ground under residential will kill off population. Not sure if it affects commercial or not. Definitely do not place water towers on polluted land.

Polluted drinking water is a bigger problem. If drinking water pollution is anything other than 0%, you have a problem.

Yes, the game wants you to spam services a lot. Especially deathcare and garbage as they are always being collected. They should be spread out across your city somewhat evenly.

Residential will want more than businesses do. plus high density residential will want more than low density residential. High density residential can have four times the capacity as low residential. Also. level 5 residential can have twice the residents as level 1. so you can see you may need to add more as your old districts, as you create ew ones. so keep an eye out.

As for sickness, there is no sickness mechanic in the game. You can only poison your residential with pollution (water, ground, and sound). So keep your noise polluting buildings (unique buildings, commerce and some industry) away from residential a block or so away.

Your die offs are likely mass exodus.

Cims will not move into a building if a body is waiting for pickup, and you'll find that young cims constantly maturing and starting families will leave the city rather than move into a building with a body waiting.

If you have sufficient crematoriums, but still suffer the problem in a tiny city of 25k, it's likely that you have a traffic problem and your hearses are resetting.

You cannot ignore traffic flow and see your city continue to function harmoniously.

Slightly related. I am at 100,000. One of my medical centers has no customers no ambulances action. I have moved it but still no involvement even though across the road is a sick resident!

You need to create your own thread.

This is a lot different than the OP, even though he could have your issue as well. But there is no sickness mechanic in the game, you can only poison (noise, water, and ground) your cims. You just need to keep pollution out of residential and you will be fine.

FYI, commerce causes noise pollution, as well as, heavy traffic. So keep commerce a block or so away from residential.

Buffer residential from industry with commerce or offices. I will dezone any residential area that gets some pollution from industry and put commerce there or a park. I haven’t seen parks function get affected by pollution other than all the trees looking like they are dead and grass is brown.

At a guess from a fellow console player, its probably just as much to do with your traffic and locality of services as the amount / level of service.
Not enough goods/ garbidge issues are caused by same

I think the op is just talking about people not being collected in quick time.
Locallity of services and traffic will be cause, or level of service.
The other thing it could be is a death wave, these are still in game and have not been patched out, it is part of game
OP please clearify, but this below might help

Deathwaves are cause by a combination of factors,
Massive in flux of pop, not just zoning on pause. The end of last wave, after accident what ever, zoning lots of high res
Stingey Mayor, skimping on death care. Not dissing on people that have, its a great way to make millions if your like me and dont cheat
Traffic gridlock and locallity of sevices
Zoning industry could cause it due to a demand spike in res
Park building spree leveling up buildings, particularly high res
Skimping on heath doesnt help either, cause dead people lower heath, giving more death at mid point of wave see above about making millions
Industry clogging roads is probably root cause of traffic issues, rail network your freight

Cems have more herses than crems, a consideration
If cems are full and you have enough crems, you can click empty on all to transfer bodys to crems, this keeps the locallity of cems working

But trust me OP, as a fellow vanila player.
pop influx, traffic and skimp together = death wave