• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(46417)

Recruit
Jul 15, 2005
Hey all. I've been a board wargamer and a PC gamer for a long time, and I heard some good things about EU, etc. I read that Two Thrones was an entry-level kind of game, so I picked up the 6-pack and decided to start with it. But.....
Since I've never played EU or any other Paradox game, I don't get what I'm supposed to do. It's incredibly non-intuitive, at least for me. And since I bought the Strategy 6-pack, I have absolutely no documentation. I've heard the rulebook isn't all that helpful anyway, but I've got nothing.

I'm not new to complex games or rules or whatever, but I'm kind of clueless here. Do I just randomly upgrade buildings? Should I invade somebody if they declare war on me? If I win, do I automatically gain control of the province, or do I need to do something else in addition?

Basically, I've got no real idea on how to proceed. What is a good starting nation? And what is generally a good idea to do right away?

Finally, is there any FAQ or online rules compendium like there is for Victoria, for example? Thanks guys! I want to enjoy this and other Paradox games, but the learning curve even for this game is daunting when I have nothing to go off of.
Mark

The documentation is on the CDs... and the best way to answer your questions is 'try it, and see what happens'. All you really need to do in Two Thrones is to pull together a large army and go round smashing everyone, upgrading buildings when you can be bothered. And try to make sure you have naval dominance.

I would recommend starting with EU2, since it has a tutorial.

For this game i found the easiest strategy was to build up your cities,and markets so you make more money.Since you make more money you can upgrade more,and create a bigger army.Upgrading Castles,or the muster tent things makes it faster to make your soldiers.And farms create wheat.Churches upgrade technology i believed.And docks upgrades make ships build faster.Walls upgrade defense agianst siege.If the enemy declares war on you they usually attack first,if you can hold them off,you should assault one of there provinces.They go into a siege and once you destroy there wall you win the province,you may be able to get them to make peace but im not certain.I havent played this game in a month or two.
Also what board wargames do you play?