• Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Hogloo

Sergeant
30 Badges
May 15, 2019
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
New trait: Unified

A detail that sometimes bothers me is that the only united species are the Hive-Minded.
I propose the creation of a new trait which would increase the cohesion of a species composed of individuals, but strongly linked to each other by any biological link (organic, psyonic, or other, there is no need to specify) .

TRAIT:
United: Members of this species are related and trust each other more easily.

Modifiers (trait +1) (the numbers are only pure propositions):
> If the ruler of the Empire is a member of the species, +10 happiness for populations of this species, otherwise, -10 happiness.
> If a population of this species, under the control of an empire whose leader is not of the species, passes under the control of an empire whose leader is of their species, this population does not suffer a penalty happiness, but on the contrary a positive modifier "together" (like the modifier for freed slaves).
> All rulers of such empires have a relationship bonus between them.

Giving this trait to a species of destructive fanatics could, for example, make their civilization more coherent (once conquered, the members of this people will not suddenly realize that the other people of the galaxy also love family and sport , so there is no need to try to kill them all)

Of course, this trait is not only valid for xenophobes: a species very united and feeling more comfortable with its own can also appreciate strangers ...
So here is my current idea for this trait to create a more united specie. I feel like there might still be a few more details, but I don't have any more ideas at the moment ...

Reactions: klopkr

delta180

Major
58 Badges
Mar 30, 2017
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Imperator: Rome
United: Members of this species are related and trust each other more easily.
honestly the way this is phrased makes it sound like a species full of Xenophobes
Xenophobic implies a innate love of the species own culture and people as noted from this event that happens when a primitive becomes more xenophobe
1596219956341.png

Hogloo

Sergeant
30 Badges
May 15, 2019
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
No :
I was more thinking about an unified species, like PROTOSS in Starcraft (with their psychic link, the "Kalaï" (if my memory is good)).
They don't need to hate or reject other species (that is xenophobie) to fell more confortable with their own.
We can imagine a population with this "unified" trait who is xenophile. They love beeing with their own kind (because they can have some pheremonial connection, like some hive of INDIVIDUALS insectes), but like also to talk to strangers and discoverd more of others cultures (and even use it for improve their own culture).

To explain the negative impact of having a leader who is not from their species, it can be that they can't fell and understand this leader like they do with their own people, not that they hate the fact that the leader isn't from their species...

However, i understand that one can confuse this trait with xenophobia (but my description is perhaps too awkward [i use google traduct and my english knowledge to exprime an idea that isn't even clear in my own language ^^]).

My proposal is only a proposal, and the details of the trait that I give are only a first draft, intended to illustrate the concept of the trait (better suggestions would be welcome ^^)

• 1Like
Reactions: delta180