• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about Allies being called into Wars change?

Any ideas if 1.08 will allow you to call allies
into a war AFTER it has begun? Or just 1 of your
allies rather than all?

Also if the ai can call you in to a war AFTER
it has begun?

Such things would include signing alliances after
a war has started that you would like to join in
or if you realize you need to call your allies
after your initial decision not to?

Doug

Re: Bugs....

1) It is possible to produce armies in any province in the world, even if it isn't yours. One of the people I played with last night did it as a joke, producing small 1000 man armies in all of our capitals before dismissing them.

How? And is it in the GC as well as in the IGC?

2) In the IGC at least, I haven't noticed this in the GC, colonies often revolt at level one and either destroy the colony or leave it with 10-20 people.

Can happen and has nothing to do with the IGC.

3) When I went reformed protestant, despite tolerance up, the only provinces in my country revolting were reformed protestants.

Will be fixed in the next patch.

4) In the 2 IGC games I've played so far, England has gotten hit with two desertion event within the first three years of the game. Is this because of the 50% army maintenance?

Probably yes ...

5) I was hit with three -3 stability events in less than a decade. Is this related to the poor monarch I had on the throne? I was England in the 1530's.

Could very well be. Some monarchs 'attract' certain events.

6) Instead of Carlos I of Spain in 1519, I got a non historical regency, and still had it in 1542. I haven't continued playing that game yet but I suspect it will last until Carlos I death in the 1550's.

Yes, approximately.

Hartmann

The trade land/gold/discoveries for land/gold/discoveries sounds like a godd idea, historically, Holland and England traded Surinam for New Amsterdam (although some pressure was applied by the English Royal Navy) any chance of this making it in the game ? Another good example of this would be the Louisana Purchase (France gets $$$ US get tons of land)

Re: Re: Re: Bugs and Wishes

Originally posted by Huszics

Who was the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire at the time ?

England cooouuuld have been at the time. And Artois may be in the HRE, but not Languedoc.

OK, you've made me uncertain. I'll keep an eye open and report if I see it again.

I also am waiting with baited breath for 1.08. I do have a couple of suggestions based on play.

1) This probably needs to wait until EU2, but the map could definitely use a differentiation between shallow and deep water. For instance, the small sea area that borders on most of Holland should be shallow, and Warships should be prohibited from entering it.

2) On a related note, I am not sure if this is already covered, but Galleys should suffer much increased attrition when in the Atlantic or any of the northern seas.

3) Englands naval tech level should be increased at start, probably to 3 (see thread called Historical Tweaks in the Genral Discussion folder). Also, England, France and the Dutch should have increased probabilities of having the wind in naval battles in the Channel (they have experience with the nature of the weather therein).

Has anyone mentioned the message settings? They don't really seem to act as stated, I usually select display & pause for most messages and some just won't pause the game but when rightclicking them they are listed as that. A minor issue, but still, irritating to get a popup and while you read all h*ll breaks loose in your current war... :eek:

Regards,
ph4n

Building troops in other countries

To build an army in another countries' province, select the foreign province so that it appears in the left pane, scroll over to your country and right-click on one of your provinces, select build army from the menu.

A more important bug is the loans to other human players. If I offer a loan to another human, and they accept the loan, it will within a month present the debtor nation with a message stating that the loan is due. If they decline to pay, they lose one stability and give me a cassus belli. This is true for loans that have been set to the default lenght or even 10 year loans.

Thanks for your help. Greatest game ever.

Re: Bugs and Wishes

Originally posted by Johan43

England cooouuuld have been at the time. And Artois may be in the HRE, but not Languedoc.

OK, you've made me uncertain. I'll keep an eye open and report if I see it again.

I replayed the thread last night. Henry VIII may very well be the HRE, but i don't know how to check for that.
Anyway a 2k English force retreated from Calais into Artois (mine), which would be OK. January 1530.

It then probably marched through Lorraine(independent, but HRE)
through Franche Comte(mine) and
Lyonnais(mine) into
Languedoc(mine).
It's now heading into Provence(mine) intending to attack Savoy (French ally). June 1530.

You can mail me at sassanide@yahoo.se if you want a save file (from January 1530).

Rgds,
Johan

A request for future patch. Ships shouldn't lose all their attrition immediately upon entering a port. They should have to spend some time in port before going out again - time to repair. Does morale affect attrition in any way? The morale of ships should probably go down after months at sea, no?

Re: Re: Re: Bugs and Wishes

Originally posted by Huszics

Who was the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire at the time ?

I'll have to check to make sure but I'm pretty sure it was Spain, maybe Austria. Definitely not Poland-Lithuania.

I'm new so forgive me if these have been mentioned.....

1. A game with dozens of message options should have one for
'Your army/fleet/building in XXXXX has been completed' plus goto.....

2. The ledger needs 'goto' options from the possessions and markets screens.

3. The colonization screen needs to have the same tooltip popup the main screen has which shows colony/city/TP and size.

4. Since the VP table seems to be missing from the manual and I still can't figure out how to improve some to the VP catagories, how about a tooltip popup in the ledger giving this info for the VP headings ie if you hover over 'discoveries' it should tell you whether you are getting VPs from discovering tech or the map......

Robo,

my thoughts also. It is now possible to refit a fleet in a day, just by visiting a friendly harbour. The weary sailors just back from a round-the-world trip are happy to leave again if they just get one night in the taverns and brothels of their home port. I´d rather see the attrition number of a fleet decreasing slowly when in harbour, so the longer a journey the fleet has travelled, the more time it would take to get it back into sailing condition again. The attrition supervisor should be combined with a possibility of getting a message when the fleet is through refitting or when an army has boarded it. The boarding should happen in a port of course, but that will probably be stuff for EU2.

It should also not be possible to move fleets in frozen sea zones. There are only a few sea zones that freeze in the whole map, but at least in the Baltic this would have an effect to warmaking, reducing the campaign season to summer months. Fleets that are present in a sea zone when it freezes over should be treated like they had lost a battle. They would be sent to the nearest friendly harbour or ice-free sea zone.

Last edited:
...and while I´m at this,

Hartmann,

do you know if any attention in the upcoming 1.08 has been paid to the present AI behaviour with loans? Now it seems to often take all the loans it can get, resulting in bankruptcies every now and then. Maximilian wrote about this some time ago in this thread.

Feel like this is one of the most serious problems still hampering the competitiveness of the AI.

In my current GC game I noticed something weird, but I am not really sure if it is a bug or not. I am England, having diplomatically annexed Scotland some time ago. I had changed to Lutheran, fighting the revolts, later I changed to Reformed, getting more revolts. However, during the chaotic 10 years or so that followed, I would get messages about revolts in Meathe and The Highlands now and then, and when you look - there's no Rebels! Sometimes, there'd be the message of a revolt in either of those provinces and that the Rebels have taken them. Both towns have fort level 1. There's still no rebel army, but I have to siege the towns to get them back in line. Revolts in other provinces worked fine. Well, not for the rebels, though. ;)

I have seen the same in a game as Russia,, constatant 'revolts' in ORSK but no-one ever shows up.. Must be the symbionese liberation army at it again :p

Z

Large Loans / Small Countries

I would like to suggest that the amount one can take out as a loan be tied to the potential to repay.

If in a scenario one is playing a small power or a great power on the rocks, then one should not be able to go to the bank for 1000d ( 5 x 200 ).

p.s. I love this game, sleep is a secondary consideration.