• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Atlanton

Second Lieutenant
84 Badges
Dec 5, 2008
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Magicka
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
Hello there,

I recently picked up AOD on this week's Steam sale, but I haven't really gotten a chance to play a game. I figured I might try CORE in my first game as well. However, I'm finding that my lack of HOI 2 knowledge may hinder me.

I have been playing a bunch of HOI 3: SF recently, so I was wondering what scenarios/nations you guys would recommend to someone who is new to AOD and to your mod?

Hello there,

I recently picked up AOD on this week's Steam sale, but I haven't really gotten a chance to play a game. I figured I might try CORE in my first game as well. However, I'm finding that my lack of HOI 2 knowledge may hinder me.

I have been playing a bunch of HOI 3: SF recently, so I was wondering what scenarios/nations you guys would recommend to someone who is new to AOD and to your mod?

I'd suggest something relatively far away from any danger, but still entertaining - maybe Canada or Australia?
Second option might be a bit more difficult because of a possibility of Japanese attacks.

In Europe Spain is nice - some action starting from July 1936 and a couple of options for later war if you decide to join.

if ou are completely new to the whole thing i would try vanilla (no mod) with GER and normal difficulty (1936 scenario). you learn the basics from 36 - 39 and you have the IC to build a bit of everything.
(hint: build a lot of infra in provinces with a lot of resources, you dont need IC necessarily as GER)

Hello there,

I you already know HOI3:SF then AOD will be quite familiar to you. It's based on the predecessor of HOI3. Some game concepts are quite similar but some are handled differently. To get a better grasp of the differences between these games it might be worthwhile to visit the HOI2wiki.

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Main_Page