New Thread (After Console v2.2 Update) - War - General

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nasty Zombie

Recruit
May 18, 2020
Yep, started my own thread, everything else is outdated or just repeats wiki, so please...

Playing as a hive mind.. great fun, except the remnant empire that sucks 33% influence permanantly from early game, there goes the bonus for making the hive mind in the first place o lol.

ok, so I expect everyone to hate me, im like the borg so yep,

it's the constant war of humiliation i dont understand...

the neighbouring empire is classed way lower than me, but start a war - and dont attack,

im not in a position early game to conquer their entire empire, so my only other war choice is humiliation.

after nothing happening the war fatigue gets to 100% - war is over...
This FORCES you to then have open borders for 5 years and in pour their science ships to scan all your systems....

don't get this.. at all.. hmmm ive just been at war with this person because they declared war, on me, so ofcourse lets give them run of my empire for 5 years... perfect sense..

ok, 5 years run out - they declare a war of humiliation - again

in a better position to fight now... 4 full destroyer fleets 40 command limit each - nice

I TOTALLY HUMILIATE MY ENEMY - GET SOME

take over 15 systems, kill 6-7 fleets - bombard planets for fun

sometimes, when i get a system, it automatically become psrt of my empire, then as im chasing another fleet, i leave the system

whilie im killing the other fleet, another sneaks back in and takes the 1st system. - kill the fleet - move back - kill that fleet - retake system

this time - even though i previously owned the system, when i take it - it does not become part of my empire (WHAT)
no planet or anything hmmm

so i try leaving a fleet in orbit of a system i do own - no fleet comes - i just sit there - oops, even though i own the system, its suddenly part of their empire again

the whole time im humiliating the enemy - im getting no progress to war goal by the way

the fleet battle percentage goes up, and of course the attrition steadily, but no damage even tho my bombard is causing massive destruction on the planets

eventually the war ends, the planets i own (and in my territory revert to the enemy - all except - yep youve guessed it - the 1 empty system i left a fleet in that wasnt part of my territory is now mine, a little isleand deep in their territory.. hmm

and of course 5 years forced open borders with the enemy that keeps declaring war on me - that meakes sense - in pour their science ships - again - to scan all my systems - again, yknow, the ones they've already scanned.

so war of humiliation is just a load of nonsense, enemy jus want free roam of your empire for 5 years and its an excuse?

so much in this game is like wtf that just makes no sense at all...

i have read the wiki and other threads, i get that how claims on systems work (you cant make claims as a hive anyway)
i get that just taking an outpost holds no score, and how attrition works.

i just dont get this, at all, please someone - constructively - help me out please.

This FORCES you to then have open borders for 5 years and in pour their science ships to scan all your systems....
It gets worse: when you guarantee someone, and drop said guarantee, both of you get a truce, resulting in open borders - no even need for war :p
sometimes, when i get a system, it automatically become psrt of my empire, then as im chasing another fleet, i leave the system

whilie im killing the other fleet, another sneaks back in and takes the 1st system. - kill the fleet - move back - kill that fleet - retake system

this time - even though i previously owned the system, when i take it - it does not become part of my empire (WHAT)
no planet or anything hmmm
If it's as you describe, it shouldn't happen. Guess there's more to it.
i have read the wiki and other threads, i get that how claims on systems work (you cant make claims as a hive anyway)
Hives can. Genocidals can't, but they also can't be a subject of humiliation wars (except for fallen empires).