• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr Rare

General
Mar 7, 2005
www.stonyroad.de
Dr Rare's New TGW Sprite's :cool:

For those of you interested in new GFX additions for your Hoi1 TGW mod then i have posted some new extra sprites for TGW in my Stony forum hoi1 sprite thread

Including a improved TGW German Infantry and New TGW Bulgarian Infantry sprites. :cool:

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=128317&postcount=113
The Stony Road Forum - View Single Post - Dr Rare's New Sprites!
(German info post)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/attac...49&d=1183842073
New Hoi1 WW1 German Pickelhaube Infantry.rar (Download)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=126087&postcount=109
The Stony Road Forum - View Single Post - Dr Rare's New Sprites!
(Bulgarian info post)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/attac...03&d=1180416187
New Hoi1 Bulgarian Infantry Sprite v.2.rar (Download)

Also in my main stony thread there are other sprites available many of which are fine to use with your TGW mod game including German,English,usa,French,Soviet and Polish cavalry and my Improved minors generic infantry and cavalry sprites.Find them yourself here amongst all the others here...
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=5923
Dr Rare's New Sprites! - The Stony Road Forum

These sprites will be part of my New TGW sprites pack(which is almost finished) When it is released which will include separate guards,light infantry,militia and cavalry sprites for most WW1 majors and some of the minors.
At the moment the TGW mod shares the same infantry sprites for the guards infantry and uses the paratroop sprites as light infantry and also has ww2 marines and bergsjaeger with submachine guns.This will all be changed and fixed by my new TGW sprites pack.

If there is any interest i will post some more of my new extra TGW sprites for pre-release sprite pack testing?

enjoy?

Good luck at the front

Dr Rare

New Essential TGW Sprites !!!

2 more New Essential WW1 TGW mod 1.1 Sprites!!!

I have added some more new WW1 TGW Sprites at my stony forum thread!!!Italian and Japanese Infantry Sprites!!

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=129896&postcount=114
The Stony Road Forum - View Single Post - Dr Rare's New Sprites! (Italian Info)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6793&d=1187322961
TGW Italian Infantry sprite.rar (Download)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=129898&postcount=115
The Stony Road Forum - View Single Post - Dr Rare's New Sprites! (Japanese Info)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6794&d=1187323114
TGW Japanese Infantry Sprite.rar (Download)

These New WW1 Japanese and Italian infantry Sprites in the link are also a Essential TGW GFX FIX to Remove the WW2 Japanese and Italian sprites (YUK!!)from the WW1 TGW 1.1 mod.

Who can possibly want to play with the WW2 sprites in a WW1 mod :wacko: FIX IT NOW!!!For a far more historic looking TGW game! :cool:

Thats another 2 Essential sprite fixes in this post!!!!

Enjoy!

Dr Rare 2007

Last edited:
Well aren't you something Dr. Rare! Just in time for me downloading an reinstalling HoI!

Wenceslaus II said:
Well aren't you something Dr. Rare! Just in time for me downloading an reinstalling HoI!
Glad to hear it excellent hope you like them,dont forget to add the gfx fixit packs and to add the mini mod for the most complete up to date TGW gaming experience!!! :cool:

Dr

Dr Rare said:
Glad to hear it excellent hope you like them,dont forget to add the gfx fixit packs and to add the mini mod for the most complete up to date TGW gaming experience!!! :cool:

Dr

:confused:

Let me play a little bit of vanilla first. Just what the Doctor ordered: Field Marshal Montgomery BURNS!!! (see here ) Ohh, 23 at last...

Wenceslaus II said:
:confused:

Let me play a little bit of vanilla first. Just what the Doctor ordered: Field Marshal Montgomery BURNS!!! (see here ) Ohh, 23 at last...
The gfx fixit packs fix the sprite errors that cause WW2 planes to still exist in the TGW 1.1 version,the mini mod just adds loads of new TGW extras like events, leaders, etc ,etc just More historical detail that was missing from the original as all the original TGW modders moved on to hoi2 1914 and stopped work on TGW.
All info is available in threads in this TGW sub forum.

If you like sprites then check out my sig links for loads of vanillia hoi1 GFX extras

enjoy!

Dr Rare

Last edited:
So download and install the TGW minimod v.2?

Wenceslaus II said:
So download and install the TGW minimod v.2?
You have to install the TGW 1.1 mod first and then add the mini-mod v.2.

what palette can I use if I wish to change the uniform colours into blue or green for example?
Your work is excellent...I have instaled some sprites in victoria and they work..just colors seems a bit distorted...

Fulcrum30 said:
what palette can I use if I wish to change the uniform colours into blue or green for example?
Your work is excellent...I have instaled some sprites in victoria and they work..just colors seems a bit distorted...
Thanks for the feedback glad you like them.
You are probably better of putting hoi1 conversions for hoi2 in Victoria as i think it uses extra angles for movement etc like hoi2.
If you dont have hoi1 then you might be missing the correct palette files for the sprites some of the TGW sprites in this thread dont have palette files with them as they use the palette and spr files already in your hoi1 original game(IF that makes sense)

Dr(Feel free to ask any more questions by PM)

TGW Japanese sprite Pics

Thought i would show some pics to you all of the New sprites available from the links above and of whats to come in my TGW sprite project....

With TGW it currently uses the Hoi1 WW2 japanese sprite for the WW1 mod as shown in the first pic.You can also see it uses the minors generic Infantry sprite for the Guards sprite

tgworiginaljapspriteal0.png

In the second pic you can see my New WW1 Japanese infantry sprite design with WW1 peaked field cap which is available from the links in the posts above in this thread and a preview the New separate Japanese Guards Infantry sprite with Adrian style helmet and Greatcoat...

newtgwjapww1spritept0.png

Doc

Last edited:
Italian TGW Sprites

In TGW Currently Italy still uses the hoi1 WW2 Italian sprite,which you can see in the first pic,you can also see the WW2 generic bergsjaeger sprite with sub machine gun and weird helmet and Austro hungaria using the original TGW pickel haube sprite and the Generic minors Headless horsemen....

tgworiginalitaliansprittq3.png

In the second pic you can see my WW1 Italian Infantry sprite wearing The French adrian style helmet(Bologna),you can also see my WW1 Italian bergsjaeger Alpini in (Torino and Milano),you can see my Adrian helmeted cavalry.In La Spazia the italian light infantry sprite with Kepi and in Parma the Italian guards infantry sprite with Great coat and Adrian helmet....You may also notice my new Austro hungarian sprites and a New French infantry sprite

newtgwitalianww1spritesjb7.png

Last edited:
TGW Sprites and the Future!!!!

With TGW other than the Plane and Tanks sprites there are only 3 WW1 sprites that come with the TGW mod USA,GER and FRA infantry,other than this the hoi1 generic WW2 sprite set is used.
Which means TGW light infantry are represented with WW2 submachine gun carrying paratroops .WW1 bergsjaeger are also represented with the WW2 submachine gun bergsjaeger sprite and Marines also use the ww2 style marine sprite. YUKK!!!! Ughhh its meant to be WW1!!!!
Guards infantry shares the Infantry sprite image instead of having its own sprite.
In TGW paratroops are replaced by light Infantry.
In TGW motorized Infantry are replaced by Guards Infantry.All of which can have and could use there own sprite.

Here in this next marked screen shot of my complete sprite set Test save game.
We can see the entire MIN(minors) generic sprite set,which shows the generic headless horsemen,the vague helmeted hat generic infantry sprite which also represents the guards and the ww2 marines ,ww2 bergsjaeger and paratroops that are meant to be light infantry sprites

Original hoi1/TGW generic sprite set

markedoriginaltgwmingenjh5.png

This next pic shows The same sprite test save game using the original TGW German Sprite set and all the same WW2 sprite problems.(So ignore the spanish flag its a full Sprite set Test save game)
WW2 german paratroops instead of WW1 light infantry and generic sprites for cavalry,marines and militia etc.Note that the guards use the infantry sprite also.

Original TGW German sprite set

markedoriginaltgwgermanep9.png

So lets make it all look a bit more like WW1 (The essence of the project)

Here in this Next screen shot we see the new WW1 generics sprite set.Its the same Full sprite set Test save game,can you work it out,same positions new sprites???...
Including
New MIN(minors) generic cavalry with Head! :) .
New MIN infantry the same just brushed up and tweaked with cap instead of vague helmet/hat
New MIN generic Marines WW1 style naval infantry with rifle and dark sailors cap
New MIN generic Bergsjaeger Helmet and sub machine gun replaced with rifle and cap
New MIN generic Light Infantry sprite with Peaked Field cap to replace WW2 paratroops sprite
New MIN generic Guards Infantry sprite with greatcoat and peaked field cap
Same old Generic militia sprite
The generics only appear when a country does not have its own particular design for a type of sprite.

New Dr Rare's TGW MIN Generic Sprite Set

newtgwmingenericspritesvq7.png

In this next screenshot we see the new TGW German sprite set.
Including.
New improved TGW German Pickelhaube helmet infantry (better detail)
German cavalry with Stalhelm helmet
The New TGW generic berjsjaeger
The New TGW Generic Marine(Naval Infantry sprite)
New TGW German Guards Infantry sprite (greatcoat and stalhelm)
New TGW German light Infantry Sprite (Jaeger green with stalhelm)
New TGW German militia with Peakless field cap!

New Dr Rare's TGW German Sprite set

newtgwgermanspritesettk1.png

More WW1 looking :cool:
So what do you think? Do you get it??

I have already done this work for most countrys (All unreleased)with new complete sprite sets for Austro Hungaria,USA,England,France,Serbia,Turkey,Japan,White Russia,Soviets,Revolutionary mexico,Mexico,China and sprites for many other ww1 nations such as afganistan,ukraine,Belgium,Sanussia etc etc.Basically the whole world,pretty much like my huge WW2 sprite project but this will all be released as one grand giant GFX Sprite to add to your TGW games!!!.

So any interest????If so i will post some more preview shots of the other countries i have mentioned!!!.

Dr Rare

Last edited:
Maps, I like maps.

Wenceslaus II said:
Maps, I like maps.
Yeah good,but what did you think of the pictures of all the new WW1 sprite designs??

The WW1 Italian,Japanese and Improved Pickelhaube German Infantry Sprites featured in this thread are now included in the New TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 HDP.

The others are yet to be released,what did people think of the screenshots?

I am glad you liked the sprites there are more to come.

Dr

Check out the Screen shots!!

Right... i have fixed the project screen shots so you can now see them without having to click on them first.(i am new to posting images)

What do you think of the ones available and the unreleased ones?

Those available have been downloaded a number of times ,so any feedback?

Dr Rare

Your sprites are always welcome additions to the game Rare.

You should wrap them up with your TGW addon and the TGW main and create a meta-release as a standalone install.

I don't think the TGW guys would mind at this point, given that most/all of the originals have moved on. Permission would be easy to get.

These sprites and mini-mods are great (I've tried a few and been very impressed) but the installation is cumbersome since it needs to be done piecemeal.

- Commander Keen -

Commander Keen said:
Your sprites are always welcome additions to the game Rare.

You should wrap them up with your TGW addon and the TGW main and create a meta-release as a standalone install.

I don't think the TGW guys would mind at this point, given that most/all of the originals have moved on. Permission would be easy to get.

These sprites and mini-mods are great (I've tried a few and been very impressed) but the installation is cumbersome since it needs to be done piecemeal.

- Commander Keen -

Cool ,thanks for your feedback i really appreciate it,so glad to hear it,its so quiet in the sub forums here if it wasn't for the fact that i know the sprites and projects get constantly downloaded by lurkers i would give up.

Still loads of new sprites to come for TGW.!!and i mean loads i have held the majority of them back.

I am not sure what you mean by piece meal as the sprites and mini-mod all come in simple easy drop in packs of course you could just mean its piece meal because theres so many sprites to add now for hoi1 WW2,well i cant release them all together as a giant pack until the projects finished.

BUT When i release the entire TGW sprite project as one pack it will come with a ready altered country.csv file and will just drop in like the sprites.

I might at some point when mini-mod projects are complete release the whole thing as TGW 1.2 .It shouldn't have a problem with permission as Allenby passed the reigns to us some time ago,we are unofficially official :D Yes we have the Modfathers blessing!!....Hurrah!!
but its easier to just add the latest mini mod as a new patch each time rather than having to recompile the main mod.

CK i would love to read some of your procrastinations ;) about tactics and strategies for TGW like you have for Hoi1/CORE here in the TGW sub forum and to awaken it a bit.Also there is not much info ,discussion or tips here about TGW.I always enjoy your procrastinations especially as i have been modding more than playing recently and could do with the tips!!!

doc.gif

Last edited:
Ah... well I see your point Rare...

Until the project is done you won't be able to compile everything into TGW 1.2

But it would be so much easier for the lazy among us (myself included) :).

How about TGW 1.2a (alpha)? :)

As for my procrastinations, I've got to say, they are going to be few and far between for the next little while. While I seem to be able to procrastinate long enough to comment on the forum, heading back to school (again!) has really kicked my free time out the window...

- Commander Keen -