• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

p3dr0

Private
27 Badges
Dec 9, 2017
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Hi guys,

I am loving your game and your last years transparent policy of showing us a roadmap.
What can we expect in this upcoming year? Any chances you will release a title, that takes place at the Eastern or North African front during WW2? Or do you extend the western european theatre of war to Paris, Germany, Netherlands etc.?!

Thanks and cheers

It would be interesting to know into which direction the developers plan to take the game. Or if there will be a Steel Division 2. There have sadly been no official news since the community casters blog entry and the forum seems kind of dead. The game concept makes it one of the best RTS around and it has such a high potential for expansion, refinement and new features that it would be sad to see abandoned.

It would be great if someone form Eugen could tell us if they plan to keep supporting the game with more DLCs, release a new SD in another theater or moved on to another totaly different game.

As you can see, we have the anser:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/572410/discussions/0/1726450077701030717/

// I count myself that I, the community, should answer that.

[EUG]Papa Yankee [Entwickler] 11. Juli um 12:46 Uhr
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

We are reading every single message that is posted in the forums / reddit / social channels / steam reviews. Our community manager team reports every comment and alerts the rest of the team on the current topics.

We are answering every urgent technical problems that people might encounter with the game as fast as possible.

Here are a few reasons why a message is not answered:
  • We don't have the answer to the question
  • We already answered it in another topic
  • We feel that the community can answer it, and we want to leave some space
  • We strategically can't answer the question, because the timing is not good, or we know that the answer won't meet your expectations. Typically, the questions like : "Why aren't all the DLC free?".
  • The message is pure trolling (yes, that happens, can you imagine that?)

To answer the first question here, we are focused on our next game right now. This doesn't mean that Steel Division: Normandy 44 won't have new content in the future, but for the moment, our priority is our next project.

Concerning new maps, as explained numerous times before, it's a complex task that requires a lot of resources (in level design, map building, QA, etc.). We are a small team, and for the moment, we need to focus on our next title. If it was as simple as making 2D maps, we would already have delivered some. Same for a map editor, developing a tool for the community would be too costly for a studio like us at the moment.

As a reminder, Steel Division: Normandy's free content, in one year:
  • 2 new divisions
  • 3 exclusives aces
  • 1 historical mission, playable in Coop, Solo and Multiplayer
  • 6 brand new units
  • 6 attack/defense scenarios playable on both sides
  • New “Closer Combat” game mode
  • 3 new battlefields

[EUG]Papa Yankee [Entwickler] 11. Juli um 12:46 Uhr
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

To answer the first question here, we are focused on our next game right now.

Hopefully Papa and the rest from Eugen finally realised that the most unique game in rts history needs to be reborn again.After 1 year resting its time to bring back Wargame and all its beauty under another name full of violence,speed and momentum.Pliiiiizzzzzzz ;).

what a disrespect for developers, what a fake friend, who gets greedy if he gets fed, keep up mate :D if you like a game, honor it by playing, and making it richer at some point - either for you or also for others. I squeeze your nose resprectful and wish there would be more people accessing the deeps to others, that dont understand the game in its flower parts.

You can excavate a lot of playtime with own will to do so: The best trick is: There are more levels-of-win than only to win.
It starts with shuffleing through with all units, those that are difficult, and ask skill for better revards, do more with less, save up money for better guns earlier; optimize your placement; I didnt even finish the European escalation campaign or some map knowledge on Red dragon. Im working on them still.

Just look for a task that you feel good with and dig deeper. If you can play C&C1 even after 20 years, like I can, then the more with a complex steel division. Let the developers focus on the when and waiting. you take the part to enjoy. If you get greedy, I give you work... we have some players missing... where are you to aquire them? Did I even read a thank you for the answer? will the moderators tease me that I ask for one?

If there is some space to fill to a new game, with what would you fill it? the holy god of the americans, the holy 4letters or more something admireing to midas? better holy-up a nice wargame or not?;)

I think that the Steel Division developers have abandoned this forum now, as there is now a sequel which they are publishing themselves, so I do not anticipate there being further development on the first game.

EUG_PapaYankee was last seen:

Jun 4, 2018

Steel Division Normandy is dead, eugen abandoned it with having very little content to offer. They're not going to touch the game since they already left Paradox Interactive. Just hope that eugen would do a cross over between SD:Normandy (Or any western front) and SD 2. Sadly, that's all we could do as customers.

I was very disappointed with how eugen supported SD normandy, so I might just wait for a 75% sale if I'm buying SD 2.

those people, who prefer to work for their life, can afford to skip the best games on the market.
I dont have much to choose from: I want a Strategy game with some degree and some players.

there are enough black developers in the old EA-direction, which you can obviously see with HOI4(Price policy), civilisations6 and also AOE wich was announced this year. The way they sell the same things 2 and 3 and 4 times like with stronghold also, you can do that 2 or 3 times with me, but then I figured it out.

of course, those publishers have the power to send people into the forums and to steam, who dislike their neighboring games, or dislike all games, a.. by profession.
now thats with people who try to work, when they have a game in front of them. it doesnt work. a game is for playing. do the game is bad for them, because it doesnt have the features to work for their purposes.

now they have some influence, and the players get ripped of features they wanted, and loose unity with their free developers, because the ravens did steal all their energy.
so loosing unity is a good way to hold the red traffic light out for those friends of our country, so they will try to be helpful in a different way.
now I have seen some ravens. they even tell me not to go to deep into wargame to find the details that make the game good. I also see how Elex gets attacked. By the press, by the players, one guy finds a common sense and interesting how all the others jump on the urgend need for waste in a game. The game doesnt have waste, so they invent some.

I also tried northgard, but that game is not ripe to be played, because the players give their lifes to win. Its a way to leave the earth, if you see them play, nobody could have the energy that it needs to play that cheesy and disgusting, rupping and begging from you tiles, if they are team mates, asking you for soldiers, when your economy is devastated, and the group pressure, and then there is only one tactic you are allowed to play.

Do you want that game instead? Lets wait until its grown riper.
Now if you want strategy games which have the golden multiplayer, old games have often not very good players that are enjoyable to play. if they have, the game seems to have no value. it has no value to play theese games. it doesnt free you. there is just no point.

so in the next years, those games will become succesful, that have a strong community solidarity, otherwise - you dont want that game. and no game evermore. So act with its consequences. Or act following the consequences. They are there.

I wish for better games than eugen do, but eugen is a bridge, that exists because EA games did fail and lie. It can take 20 years until we get good games again. (my story never ends)