• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jynks

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Feb 10, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hi there. I'm currently playing Warlock Complete Edition and have some questions. I know they may be "noob-ish" but please bear with me! When I try to load the manual from the steam menu it errors so I have had to muddle though. Lucky most of the game is pretty well designed so I haven't had to much trouble.. in fact I am having a blast. Just a few questions.

1) How do "Perks" work?
So I built a "War University" on a "Halberdhall".. but how do I use it. Do I need to build units IN that city that has the university, or is there some other way to get the perk on your units?​

2) What exactly is the reason to enter the Other Worlds?
I'm not sure why the other worlds are there. I have gone in a few times, but all I see is large monsters that take a lot of effort to kill and little reward. I think I am missing the point here. Maybe there are some ubr-special tiles that allow building cool units or something? It seams that if I spend time in the other world the AI goes rampant and entrenched in the "real" world. I have just had a lot more luck staying on the one plain and killing them off?​

3) Are Lords just solo units?
I'm a little confused about "Lords". They appear on the map as a single unit, but they behave like a full army unit. I've had a few one shot by enemies and others I've had a lot of success. I may be confusing this with "Fallen Enchantress" but can these command units be attached to a army, or are they always solo units?​

4) Warlock 2... worth it?
So I am really enjoying this game. I've only played it a few time but I am already thinking of what the sequel might improve, though as you an tell I have yet to explore the original. I'm just not sure if the sequel is and why I should get it, I mean the 1st game seams pretty neat. Still I have played enough strategy games to know that a squeal doesn't always "improve" hehe. Problem is reviewers just have no idea about strategy games as they take time to learn. You can not just play for 5 seconds and rate the game.... and the 1st and 2nd game both got average reviewed so I do not trust the reviews of the second game. So yeah... what is the deal with Warlock 2?​

Thanks for your help
--Jynks

1/ units built in that city get that perk for free from then on. Units built elsewhere, or already existing, can get that perk by buying it - click on the unit, you'll see an Upgrade/Perks option

2/ there shouldn't be "little reward", but quite good rewards. Often you have to get to the very corners to get the best stuff. And of course they may have terrain or hexes otherwise unavailable to you, like Holy Sites.

3/ Lords are just another kind of unit, in effect, but more powerful. I always perk them up and gets them as much combat experience as possible, these are your best troops.

4/ I'll leave that to others. Suffice to say War2 is nice, but not a huge leap from War1. The biggest differences are that you are limited in how many toens you can build, and your perks are only good for up to 5 units per source.

yeah I still do not get the other worlds thing... it is like every time I am powerful enough to go in there, I am powerful enough to just kill the AI in the normal world... strange.

I like the idea of limited cities in Warlock 2. City spam is a easy road to high cash and mana counts.

Unity Spell... seriously? What a anti-climax!!

So I thought for a change I would try to win through unity. Man what a slog. I was in a position to kill the AI for like AGES. Owned most of the map and could nearly one shot Diamond Elemental with my healer heroes. So after a ages of pressing enter with out doing anything apart form some monster spawn clean up I cast unity.

I do not know what I was expecting but it was a real bummer... I though there would be some awesome animation or something.

Anyway... here is the Unity spell.. so you do not have to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TolwqNIjCU