• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we have been working hard on a new patch for Cities in Motion. The dev team wants to thank you again for the feedback and the support that you have given us!

So more about things we have been working on:

- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.

- Economy
We realized that the fluctuating economy is a bit too sudden, so we slowed the fluctuation down a bit.

- Press "U"
We added a shortcut to get to the underground view (nobody admits forgetting it in the first place..)

In addition to these we worked on the bugs we had left. I hope this resolves the issues you have been having with Cities in Motion. Please let us know if you agree!

The patch 1.0.12 is available soon :)

Last edited:
I pray that you include a fix to lines always being displayed upon loading a game - it hurts FPS having them all on at once, and it's a bit of a bother to tick off every line if you don't play for long periods "un-loaded". :/

Sounds good, could you this time please give us a link from the start instead of saying that we shall get the patch from the place we brought the game from ;) so we dosen't have to wait for days again before you guys realise that they again not are going to give us the patch.

Thank you very much for the new patch! :) It's really good news. Connecting the density of traffic with the difficulty level seems to be a good solution for now.
And wow, the "U"-function is very nice, too. I had been missing it in the beta already.

Is there any shortkey that prevents that (when I reload a savegame) all lines (trams, busses, etc.) are shown on the map? It's quite laborious to deactivate the coloured lines one after another.

You had me at traffic.
Many many thanks :)

Is there any shortkey that prevents that (when I reload a savegame) all lines (trams, busses, etc.) are shown on the map? It's quite laborious to deactivate the coloured lines one after another.

Yeah, why not use the "L" button or something to show/hide all lines, that would be really nice improvement to the game!

Great support for this game so far. Compliments to the devs. :)

Keep up the good work and i might even buy some DLCs when they come out. Come on, there will be new vehicles and cities, no? ;)

Thanks Martsu! Very nice post-release support from CO with two patches released so quickly after release.

I also second the motion of a download link to the patch in the tech support forum. Impulse for one still doesn't have version 1.0.11 up :(

Sounds good, could you this time please give us a link from the start instead of saying that we shall get the patch from the place we brought the game from ;) so we dosen't have to wait for days again before you guys realise that they again not are going to give us the patch.

We most certainly will have the non-Steam patch here at tech support as soon as possible, and those with Steam versions will have it from there automatically.

Great news - I echo the sentiments of those impressed with the level of repsnsoveness and support. Exemplary.

One thing would help though - Can you let us know when the Steam patch will be out? Does "soon" mean today or next week etc?

thanks and i am happy that i was annoyed that traffic jams causing problems and also you need add delete map from map editor - cause two maps can't be deleted witihin map editor

The ability to customize the amount of private car traffic sounds on the surface to be a good fix for the gridlock problems, leaving it up to the gamer to decide just how much traffic they'd like to be challenged by. I'll reserve my opinions on how well it works once the patch is released of course.

Honestly, I think there is still a lot of things that should be done to the game in forms of patches and or to the editor but this seems like a good step forward at least on paper (will see once the patch is released).

Thanks,

I hear that some operability within the map editor should be enhanced, mostly regarding crossing bigger streets and running them diagonally. Or has this been resolved in a patch already? And how about diagonal metro stations, never saw anything about mendingthat inability and it's certainly pretty irritating in most cases to not be able to place them like that.