• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
We just pushed the 2.2.202 live on the main branch.

We also pushed 2.2.203 live on the linux_osx_beta branch.

2.2.203 fixes the quest related crash that was present in 2.2.202.

Known issue in this patch:

* Monster spawning quests sometimes loops: if you kill the monsters the quest sometimes just starts over. This can be worked around by trying to avoid fighting said monsters and instead pay the quests of while we work on it.

To access the beta branch go into the steam properties of Warlock 2, click the "betas" tab and in the drop down menu choose "linux_osx_beta".

2.2.202 does not seem to solve any issue for me on Linux. Still no city names, game loading still very slow compared to Windows, etc. Should I try with a new game ?

I will try the beta version as soon as I can.

Tried with a new game in both the beta branch and the main branch, and the game feels still very slow compared to Windows, and I'm sorry to say all the other problems are still there for me.

Since the last patch all quest are failing even if the required tasks are successfully completed. Ex: killing monster XYZ or build specific building are failing even if the specific building is build the right time or monster XYZ has been killed by own units.

Just wanted to add my experience with the linux_osx_beta branch.

I'm on Linux Mint, and I have the same quest failure issue that Seravajan mentioned. I had a quest to get a spell from a shipwreck, looting the shipwreck failed the quest. I had a quest to kill two 2-headed dragons in my area, killed the dragons and it failed the quest.

Also, since I'm playing this for the first time, it took me a really long time (and internet search for screenshots) to realize that all my cities should have banners over them with their names and probably population, etc. Those are completely missing, which makes it impossible to demolish buildings.

Fun game otherwise, just hope you all can figure these out soon :)

In case it makes a difference, confirmation that 1) quests are now all failing 2) basic GUI elements, e.g. city, unit banners are still missing and 3) would love to see this game reach a usable state!

Reactions:
The dual screen issue is still there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/205990/discussions/0/620695877172740625/

Basically, if you have more than one screen and you launch the game, it gets stretched on both screens and has no alternatives to that in options menu (the only option is double the main screen resolution). Switching to window and back to fullscreen a couple of times helps until the next time I launch the game.

You dont update the game very frequently ... ok ... seems to take a lot of time. But then plz update the known Issue thread... there are a lot of bugs missing! Under Linux ... the game does not realy make fun at all. So many bugs...

There should be a warning spoiler in the Steam-Shop ...

I post on steam under the same name, and I am still waiting to hear back about what's going on with the fix for the MAC beta build? I noticed that as I discover the shard worlds in sandbox mode, I am unable to get the achievements for it. I also can't for the life of me figure out how to play against 8 opponents.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. We are awaiting a new patch from Ino-Co. Sadly they don't have a big team at the moment so it's not moving super fast. But I can assure you they are working hard to get you a new patch as soon as it's possible to deliver it.

Apologies for the wait.

Known issue in this patch:

* Monster spawning quests sometimes loops: if you kill the monsters the quest sometimes just starts over. This can be worked around by trying to avoid fighting said monsters and instead pay the quests of while we work on it.

Updated to BETA today, most of the crashes I had before are gone which is great. But I keep hitting above mentioned known issue which is really annoying.
Looking forward to the new patch.

Only crash I got was when trying to load a save game from Pre-beta which had mods.

So.. any news on when we can expect a new patch ? I bought this game only because it had Linux support, otherwise I would have sticked with the first Warlock...

Sadly there seems to be no more patches coming anymore. What exactly is the problem you have now? Maybe you can submit a ticket through paradox.zendesk.com and we'll take it from there.

Sadly there seems to be no more patches coming anymore. What exactly is the problem you have now? Maybe you can submit a ticket through paradox.zendesk.com and we'll take it from there.
My current problems are :

- Savegame loading very slow compared to Windows. It takes around 7 minutes to reach a playable state. I know I have an old computer, but in Windows it takes less than a minute.
This one is not the worst, but still, it's very annoying when a game labelled as a Linux one (and not early access or whatever) does not offer the same performance accros the two platforms.

- City and unit banners and health not displaying. Very inconvenient in a strategy game. How can I know who this city/unit belongs to ? How can I know the size of my city ? The size of the ennemy city ? The amount of health remaining to the units ? I know I can find some of these infos by right-clicking, looking at the remaining number of soldiers in the unit (for units that have more than one), etc, but still, it should be displayed in the map as it is in Windows.

- Monster quests still not working. The last one I tried I did not have the money/mana to pay it off, so I went with the "kill the monster" option. I killed them and the message I got was : "Monsters not killed", fortunately without any consequences.

- Bad double screen handling. Sadly, this is so common on Linux games...

So, I would gladly subit not one but four tickets, but is it worth it ? I mean, you're telling me Ino-Co won't deliver any new patch, so, what's the point ?
I hope I'm not rude, but I'm very disappointed with the current state of the game on Linux.

By the way I'm using the last beta.