New Mod ... In case there is still anyone out there playing AOD

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They "run" but the imagen position is incorrect. I can't scroll the screen down or right, so they're just unplayable.

Well, since I bought my new pc I can't get AoD and DH to work
Sorry to hear. I'm an old retired (3 years ago) IT and developer. I'm running Windows 10 21H1. Here are a few things to check if you are running Windows:
  1. Just in case none of these work, we'll need to know what specific version you are running. So in your search bar/box type in winver and hit Enter/Return on your keyboard. If you do not have a search bar/box then hold down the Windows Key and press the letter r. Then type in winver and hit Enter/Return. Now either write down the version or take a screenshot.
    Capture.PNG

2. Most windows issue with games come from permissions and/or compatibility.
  3. To check compatibility, Right Click on the shortcut you are using to launch the game and select Properties. You should see something like this:
    Capture2.PNG

4. Go to the Compatibility tab ensure you have checked Reduced color mode and select 16-bit (65536) color.
    Capture3.PNG

5. You can now click on the OK button and try to launch the game. If the game still fails to launch, then repeat the above steps and check either the Run compatibility troubleshooter or manually select the different Windows versions by checking the Run this program in compatibility mode for:
  6. If none of the above work and since it's a new PC, you might want to either launch the Arsenal.exe or manually edit the settings.cfg file, both in the same directory as your game to configure your game video resolution. If using the Arsenal.exe, ensure you launch the game, at least once, from it.

Capture4.PNG

7. The last thing you might need to do is check the location where AoD and DH is installed. Depending on your version of Windows, it can be in a couple of places. I never let Microsoft, Steam, etc. decide where to put my games. I create a directory called Games and install all my games under that. Then I have one directory where permissions can be set (if need be) and exempt my Virus software from scanning while I'm playing those games (it will still check them when you do your normal scans).

You do not need to reinstall your games if there are elsewhere on your PC. Since both AoD and DH do not required any 3rd party launcher (steam) to run, you can just copy them into a new directory (as I have). Windows likes to install apps and games into two different locations by default, Program Files and your User directory. You can right click the shortcut you're running each game from and select Open File Location.

Capture5.PNG
If none of these help, just post your Winver and I'll go through some more complex steps.

Last edited:
1.jpg

None is working.

Actualiced to W11 this week, but had the same problem with W10 from October.

The old pc has W10 and works without problem.

Can`t rule Victoria 2 or Eu4 neither.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Solved

I can run DH, AoD and EU4. It was a problem about font sizes.

Still can't run Vic2

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hi Fabfeingold,
It seems this thread, and the work the 1.13 team is doing, has some duplicate efforts/work. Just wondering if everyone's efforts (on this thread) and the 1.13 team would benefit from a combined effort? I know it would me :)

Hi Guys, is there any news about the release of the mod? ... It seems to me that the work is too gigantic, I strongly suggest the release of the same or the official announcement that the development has stalled

Hi Guys, is there any news about the release of the mod? ... It seems to me that the work is too gigantic, I strongly suggest the release of the same or the official announcement that the development has stalled
I agree, and would love the release of anything that exists, even if it's not the final one.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry guys. Just too busy with real life atm. But I'll trying uploading everything that's done so far very soon. Work is still ongoing, but very little progress.
Heh, i worked on my own AoD mod...from 2011 till 2018...it was like version 178...Yes, i updated the whole thing 178 times!!!
And it was stll unplayable!!!

Then i decided to move the whole work on DH which was more suitable especially with the decisions system and modding friendly stuff like the more and better commands, etc...

Heck, I haven't even played AoD since November 2021 :) Almost everyday on the 1.13 release. I feel both of you guy's pain.

You know, if either of you have any questions or need to know how something in the AoD code works, let me know (even if it doesn't have anything to do with 1.13). I know as a modder, there were just some things/logic you don't have access to.

Heh, i worked on my own AoD mod...from 2011 till 2018...it was like version 178...Yes, i updated the whole thing 178 times!!!
And it was stll unplayable!!!

Then i decided to move the whole work on DH which was more suitable especially with the decisions system and modding friendly stuff like the more and better commands, etc...
And yes...i am still working on my DH mod since 2018...!!! And still it is unplayable...

The thing is that creating a mod like mine....includes a lot of boring and time assuming work that makes me abandoning it from time to time ...to return again when i feel like it...

I am currently waiting...for the new 1.13 AoD patch...which i hope will help a lot...