• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain Gars

Lead AI Programmer
4 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
These modding improvements are the best I have ever seen added. Event targets a moddable-ish diplo menu using targettted_decisions, triggered descriptions and more.
You really outdid yourself this time!

I am still working on making Targetted Decisions that let me include Diplomacy Options.

I love this.

I only wish for an opinion_modifier for likes_trait (positive for like, negative for dislike).

Captain Gars: is there a good place to ask you questions regarding some of the new features, or to report issues?

If this is as good a place as any, I'm curious about the use of save_event_target_as in the event files.

My understanding is that save_event_target_as will save whatever's currently in scope as the assigned variable, and that variable will only remain valid for the duration of the event chain (meaning that it will remain in force for further events if they're triggered, but otherwise is cleared). If that's true, why is clear_event_target used in the vanilla files? Such as this:

Code:
			save_event_target_as = target_victim
			FROMFROM = { character_event = { id = 10 } } # Consequences of discovery
			clear_event_target = target_victim

The event chain ends in the event immediately after this one where the event_target is set, so the "target_victim" variable will be cleared anyway, yes? Is there a reason it's immediately cleared? Or is that just a redundancy?

Last edited:
- Added support for localized nicknames
does it include gender localization either ?

does it include gender localization either ?

Not sure I understand the questions, but it uses the same localization system that you can normally use in events.

Not sure I understand the questions, but it uses the same localization system that you can normally use in events.
i meant if i try to localize :
Code:
nick_the_monk;the Monk;le Moine;der Mönch;;El Monje;;;;;;;;;x
nick_the_monk[B]_female[/B];the Monk;[B]la Nonne[/B];der Mönch;;El Monje;;;;;;;;;x
would it work ?

i meant if i try to localize :
Code:
nick_the_monk;the Monk;le Moine;der Mönch;;El Monje;;;;;;;;;x
nick_the_monk[B]_female[/B];the Monk;[B]la Nonne[/B];der Mönch;;El Monje;;;;;;;;;x
would it work ?

Isn't that how normal nicknames have always worked? What my change refered to was using things like: nick_culture_berserk;The [Root.Culture.GetName] Berserker

In my mod, I changed the convert to local culture and religion decisions so the AI always takes them and removed the requirements(most of them), but in the new beta patch, the AI doesn't take them.
Code:
convert_to_local_culture = {
		potential = {
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { culture = ROOT }
			}
			holy_order = no
			has_dlc = "Rajas of India"
		}
		potential = {
			is_playable = yes
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { culture = ROOT }
			}
			holy_order = no
		}
		effect = {
			capital_scope = {
				reverse_culture = ROOT
			}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

convert_to_local_religion = {
		potential = {
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { religion = ROOT }
			}

controls_religion = no
			holy_order = no

}
		allow = {
			is_playable = yes
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { religion = ROOT }
			}

controls_religion = no
			holy_order = no

}
		effect = {
			capital_scope = {
				reverse_religion = ROOT
			}
			hidden_tooltip = {
				religion_authority = {
					modifier = ruler_converted_to
				}
			}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

It seems you can no longer localise events directly (name = "whatever" results in a blank button). I don't know if this is a bug or if it has to so with the modding changes.

If you put break = yes in an immediate, will it exit just the immediate (i.e., options are still available), or the entire event?