• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MeiSooHaityu

Field Marshal
13 Badges
Jan 3, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Magicka
This one flew under my radar, but there was an interview a month ago with Phil Spencer (Head of XBox). In the interview, he mentioned that he would like to bring back MechAssault. This also comes after a hint leaked that MechAssault was to be at the last E3 (sadly not true).

Is it possible a new MechAssault game might be in the works, or at least under real serious consideration?

It's interesting stuff to ponder. I know MechAssault is not a deep experience (mechanics wise), however I am of the mind that more Battletech is a good thing. I'll be curious to see if this speculation and interest goes anywhere.

With Harebrained Schemes and Paradox sunsetting BATTLETECH and no announced plans for any further Mech Goodness, there may indeed be Space and Time for another entry to the BattleTech Franchise... I know I would jump right into a Microsoft MechAssault reboot.

...wouldn't be the same without Mitch though... : (

Even considering a third title may be in the initial stages of planning, I'm not sure it would be viable to launch it in the next two-to-three years, considering MW5 hasn't been out and about for that long.
I'd at least give a pair of years after the final patch of MW5 before announcing the game being developed...

Dunno, I somehow would want a more broad tactical game with infantry and aircraft. Only mechs is a bit boring for me.

Naturally turn based, I think real time sacrifices too much depth.