• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Herr Doctor said:
Was in Wieliczka year ago btw – quite an amazing place really. ;)
Before it the main commodities of the province traditionally were grains and metal from Częstochowa iron fields (Zagłębie Częstochowskie). So, if you just do not want to add more useless grain provinces better add metal.
But looking at the shape of Krakow, it looks like most of mining area might be inside Krakow, I have to think about Sieradz :)

updated post

I have moved one tax from Volynia and one from Velikie Luki - how this name should be written?

Also changed goods in Minsk to Grain and in Troki to clothes.

Last edited:
zdlugasz said:
But looking at the shape of Krakow, it looks like most of mining area might be inside Krakow, I have to think about Sieradz :)
Not really – only a bit of it – (1/4 part I believe). But it is hard to say anything for sure looking on AGCEEP map shapes. :)

zdlugasz said:

updated post

I have moved one tax from Volynia and one from Velikie Luki - how this name should be written?

Also changed goods in Minsk to Grain and in Troki to clothes.
I prefer “Velikiye Louki” (or “Velikiye Luki”) in English translitered from Russian (or even translated “Great Louki”).

Herr Doctor said:
I prefer “Velikiye Louki” (or “Velikiye Luki”) in English translitered from Russian (or even translated “Great Louki”).

I do not understand LOU in Louki. To read first letter properly in English you would need to write "wh" (like in why what)

MacJancz said:
"wh" sounds like Polish "ł", not Russian "l"

Великие Луки; I still think it is pronounced exactly like in Polish "łuki"

Herr Doctor said:
MKJ said it supposed to sound like East European “u” in this case. ;)

:eek: I am neither English native speaker nor Russian so I can not decisively say anything about it ...

According to my dictionaries kind of short "u" which could be applied here is e.g. in put.

Edit:
@Herr Doctor: they have too many possible pronounciations of "u" :)

zdlugasz said:
:eek: I am neither English native speaker nor Russian so I can not decisively say anything about it ...

According to my dictionaries kind of short "u" which could be applied here is e.g. in put.

Edit:
@Herr Doctor: they have too many possible pronounciations of "u" :)
In case of "luki" it sounds in Enlgish as [lu:ki] (which is more like “ju” in Polish and Russian). In case of of "louki" it is [lauki]... :/

yep, but could you answer my question from scandinavian new map thread?