• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alain-James said:
Sorry that was all epedermic from me. You may let it go and get back to serious matters btw, you've got nothing to justify for - that's not like I was going to pay for AGCEEP...

Oh I'm sitting at my internship, making billing binder, so it was a much needed diversion and mental exercise. :D

Fate said:
The search function is based off of the province name in provinces.csv, right? That entry could be the simplified Trois Eveches while the province name displayed on the map could be Trois Evêchés.

Yes, I do believe it is based off of that. However, then it would be opening the can of worms of which nations should get "marks" and the whole what language should provinces be in issue again, which I'd rather stay away from at the moment. I'm more concerned about large picture issues and getting this map released, then cosmetics, currently.

Garbon said:
Yes, I do believe it is based off of that. However, then it would be opening the can of worms of which nations should get "marks" and the whole what language should provinces be in issue again, which I'd rather stay away from at the moment. I'm more concerned about large picture issues and getting this map released, then cosmetics, currently.

As Polish signs are not displayed correctly even in events I support removal for all "strange" letters.
Accents do not bother me, but I always wonder if small strange addition to the letter makes it pronounced completely differently (it happens sometimes e.g. a ą, o ó :))
Additionally, I am personally lost when I see some scandinavian and turkish characters.

Ambassador said:
City names is not really relevant. It doesn't matter very much if for the first decade the city is not "Rethel" but Valenciennes or Avesnes, depending on the choice for later periods. The important is to set the adjacencies right, and keep adequate power ratios.
I desagree with you on this subject. I think the name of the province and of his city is relevant. The good thing with the new map is to end with the incoherences of the vanilla map : is "Nivernais" province real Nivernais or South Champagne ? is "Tula" province real Tula or Muscow ? is "Artois" province really Artois or Hainaut ? I think it's ridiculous to have an Avesnois province and to don't give it to the owner of Avesnes.

Ambassador said:
This doesn't address the problem of a weak Burgundy. If a player (or even an aggressive AI) is close to France, he could attack Burgundy quickly and severely cripple the duchy. With only four provinces (Burgundy, Franche-Comté, Brugge, Artois), a force-annexation is possible short-term, even before 1424, with one country taking three provinces and another taking the capital thereafter.
You forgot Lille.
And you forgot that Burgundy is a 5 provinces country with vassal. And at the treaty of Troyes, Henry V didn't take the effective control of Picardie, South Champagne and Auxerrois : those stay in the hands of Phillip the Good. What I say is that there is no reason to treat Auxerre diferently from Troyes or Amiens because they had exactly the same sort and degree of burgundian influence.

I'm against to call Ile-de-France "Island of France" on the map. If "Ile de France" can not be approvable because its a ridiculous name and not a good name for a province, I would prefer that the AGCEEP province be named "Paris" rather than "Island of France".

Last edited:
Garbon said:
I don't see an issue with Ile de France.
But you see one with Trois Évêchés ? :confused:

He does with "three bishoprics", not "trois Evêchés" ;)
Looks like all the mess here is my fault :eek:o :D

Fate said:
The search function is based off of the province name in provinces.csv, right? That entry could be the simplified Trois Eveches while the province name displayed on the map could be Trois Evêchés. Regardless, Moselle is a nice French name that we can all type :p .

But the province was in the Empire for most of the game. Shouldn't it be "Mosel"? :)

"Ile de France" is completely different from "Trois Eveches" IMHO. "Ile de France" is standard English usage. In an English language book the "Trois Eveches" will usually be referred to as the "Three Bishoprics".

Not really my business, but I like "Moselle" too.

Back to business...
A last thing Garbon, we (the frenchies) do not understand the fact provinces like Zürich, Lünburg, Köln, Würzburg, Münster, etc... got their ü, or worse their ö, the use of which use is exactly comparable to our own accent... Not to mention Sumava's "S" (sorry Czech, I do not have this letter on my keyboard ;) ) This is about the alphabetical thing, aren't we supposed to share this limitation too with other european languages? Or does it mean we should receive the same treatment? :)

Alain-James said:
Back to business...
A last thing Garbon, we (the frenchies) do not understand the fact provinces like Zürich, Lünburg, Köln, Würzburg, Münster, etc... got their ü, or worse their ö, the use of which use is exactly comparable to our own accent... Not to mention Sumava's "S" (sorry Czech, I do not have this letter on my keyboard ;) ) This is about the alphabetical thing, aren't we supposed to share this limitation too with other european languages? Or does it mean we should receive the same treatment? :)

This is where it would have been nice had you actually read my posts.

The whole bit about me not being bothered, was how I couldn't be bothered to go through and remove all marks for this first release (province names with marks were just directly inherited from MKJ's map - not edited).

Sorry to be such an ass Garbon, but well... There wasn't any Hälogaland in MKJ's map, was there...? And when you look at MyMap's Zürich and new AGCEEP Zürich, I have hard time to understand that you had to modify Orléanais or Béarn deeper than Zürich...?
But well as long as all "marks" will be erased for everybody someday, I don't see the problem... As long as they are erased. ;)

Alain-James said:
Sorry to be such an ass Garbon, but well... There wasn't any Hälogaland in MKJ's map, was there...?
You're right, that was something that was changed prior to the hardline stance that you helped me to develop today. :p

Alain-James said:
And when you look at MyMap's Zürich and new AGCEEP Zürich, I have hard time to understand that you had to modify Orléanais or Béarn deeper than Zürich...?

I re-typed out / re-sized many french names as I moved province boundaries about. That said, at the time I wasn't trying to remove accents but likely just typed them without them without thinking. I didn't touch Zürich.

Well that's easier like this anyway, methodically country by country, thus you'll forget no-one. France got shaved already, no she may watch other countries suffer :) :D

Alain-James said:
Are you just taking us for living dicks or do you really meant it?
I mean that's some the worst of bad faith argument Ive ever read from your mouth.
Look, I understand in a subseqent post that you kindof apologized for this, which is appreciated. Nevertheless, if I read any more comments of this nature from you, I will not take it as kindly as Garbon did -- I will not hesitate to report it.

Garbon said:
Did you actually read my post or were you more interested in simply putting some bold brackets around part of it?

Three Bisphorics is not a good province name. It sounds ridiculous and doesn't fit with any of the other names on the map (other than Wild Fields, which I despise as well).

And finding a name cited on wikipedia doesn't suddenly make it the best name ever.

It's juste the name used by all actual historians AND bye the guys who lived in the EU3 timefrime. There aren't best name...

And, by the way, I'm not agree with your unorthographic naming politic, but I'll not repeat things that other have already writed here...

As we said in french "Il n'y a pire aveugle que celui qui ne veux point voir". :rolleyes:

All I hope is that you'll release with the new AGCEEP the photoshop file. So fan will correct it if they want.

And sorry for my bad english in this "orthographic" subject :embarassed:

Last edited: