• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
This is a new map that has some new gameplay elements in it. For example, you have a choice to play either as a hero kingdom or a monster kingdom. You are leading your army against goblin kingdoms scattered across the desert. This is an all-out war, everyone against everyone.

Difficulty: medium-hard

This map only works with a DLC Fix. The best experience is reached if you have a balancing patch applied as well.

Installation:
Download the map, put the zip in resource.mod/map/Single_missions folder, unzip. Delete zip.

Attachments

• 1_sing_h.zip
    1,6 MB · Views: 245
Thank you for providing it. I followed the installation instructions. I now have an unzipped sub-folder called 1_sing_h in the Single Missions folder of my installation. (The other sub-folders are PP01 to PP04, pp05 to pp14, and single01 to single06)

How do I access this map? Should it appear in Majesty 2 as a new mission? Or does it appear in one of the Expansions as a new mission? Or do I have to do something active to get it to appear?

Version: Steam Maj 2Collection, d/l 2017-01-02. DLC fix installed. Vsynch on, set to half screen-refresh rate.
Win7x64

Single Missions listed:
For Majesty 2:
Example mission, Treacherous Tropics, Wizard Wars, Romantics of the Road, Dangerous Valleys, Battle for Survival on the Plains, Battle for Survival in the Jungles, Battle for Survival in the Desert, Mind Games, Born in Hell, Raising a Mage
For M2 Kingmaker: as per Majesty 2
For M2 Battles of Ardania: as per Majesty 2
For M2 Monster Kingdom: as per Majesty 2

Last edited:
Your DLC fix is not installed correctly. You are missing some DLC missions like Pandora's Chest. Looks like the folder was not recognized. This means that the executables were not patched properly with DLCFix.bat.

Find the majesty 2 folder on disk
SHIFT+ALT right-click on folder
select open command window here
copy the fix bat and fixdata to majesty 2 folder
in CMD window, type the DLCFix.bat and enter
send me the log as a PM.

Last edited:
Well - 6 re-installs later, I have Desert Mayhem in my list of Single Missions. :)

But I no longer have mission progress data. :-(

And now that I've successfully over-written the new progress data with all my old progress I'm a happy bunny. :)

I'm going to guess that the DLCFix.bat did not work because I had previously applied the M2CollectionDLCRepair.exe from the "Recent News" post on Steam's Majesty 2 Collection page.

Either that, or minor corruption in the DLCFix.zip download. Either way, I have it working.

Last edited:
Yes. You have brewn a horrible mix of 2 fixes, and that killed you :) Do not use M2CollectionDLCRepair, use only my fix. But looks like you figured it all out, cheers.

Thank you for your warm welcome.
And I know what you mean about lacking time, same here!

Still, despite little time, you made some great efforts to polish this fine game even more with your modifications.
I am very glad you are still around, tweaking and improving stuff.
Really, this game is just worth it.