New Majesty 2 Add-on - Battles of Ardania? This Weekend?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like a whole new playable faction ! :D
is there hope for a significant AI fix this time around ?!

They made goblins look like a new playable faction in the Kingmaker video too, I think it was intentionally deceptive. Don't look for this to expand much, it will probably just be another Kingmaker, more mindless waves of the same unit copied a dozen times, each of which is just a retooled wolf unit given new graphics and sound effects

I may not like Majesty 2 as much as I liked the first one back in the day but I'll be damned if I don't buy it because it's MAJESTY!

It's like a Majesty Spin Off though, it shouldn't be called Majesty 2, the first one wasn't a Fantasy Kingdom Sim anymore than Warcraft is a Combat Simulator. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't call it Majesty 2, but that 2 on the end is a slap in the face.

Unfortunately it just looks like another 8 missions and a new enemy to fight. I was hoping it wouldn't be another Kingmaker but thats what it looks like. I have no problem with a new campaign but at least make the DLC substantial enought to warrant a $15 price tag this time around. Give us something new to sink our teeth into. The community has genereated plenty of ideas. A new kingdom, new game modes, new challenges, new heroes; anything, get creative.

Unfortunately it just looks like another 8 missions and a new enemy to fight. I was hoping it wouldn't be another Kingmaker but thats what it looks like. I have no problem with a new campaign but at least make the DLC substantial enought to warrant a $15 price tag this time around. Give us something new to sink our teeth into. The community has genereated plenty of ideas. A new kingdom, new game modes, new challenges, new heroes; anything, get creative.

Indeed. If it doesn't include heavy reworking of the AI, fixing the fundamental flaws of the game, instead of making it just continuing as mindless *spin* off of the original, it really isn't WORTH the money, but there will still be those who will buy it, and thus, it makes the concept of making just another kingmaker-esque "expansion" - adding little, so not costing much to create, and charging and banking that some people will continue to pay for it (thus the whole M2 series as a money scam, which is a point that has been raised before) instead of having a genuine interest in bettering the game.

...banking that some people will continue to pay for it (thus the whole M2 series as a money scam, which is a point that has been raised before) instead of having a genuine interest in bettering the game.

And here is the problem. A few rants on this message board do not equal significant reduction in sales. Seeing as this is a shoddy russian development studio which has no interest in creating an image, they are going for the cash. Maj2 will die, and with it a great concept.

Honestly, ill probably buy the exp myself. The game is fun... just not great. It drags you in and gives you a balanced challenge... but thats not what it was meant to be... and moreover, it really shouldn't be raped for cash like it is being.

October now. Any update? Even if it is Q2 2011, it would be nice to know.

Battles of Ardania will be released this side of the year. Detailed date will be revealed within soon.
Thank you. I am looking forward to it.

Here is a quote by Fredrik from his current blog:

Ps. I had my first game of more kills than deaths in Mount & Blade: Warband the other day, unlocking the “Every breath you take” achievement. This week I will be focusing on Lionheart and Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania.

I think we will get Battles of Ardania in the next month(s)!