• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuterium Oxide

Distribution Manager
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Jan 13, 2014
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
Yuletide is fast upon us once more - Hence this is the last launcher update scheduled for the year. We are not all that keen on releasing too close to the holidays, as you might be aware.

In any case, 2021.10 brings some new features:

New stuff
  • Playsets are now synced with the PDX Mods backend - Of course this only happens for mods that actually originate from PDX Modsin the first place. This will allow your playsets to appear on all your computers and hopefully also stay in sync across installations. It might also transpire that console games can pick up your playsets, but that will depend on the in-game implementation of the game itself. More on playset ownership here.
    • Please note: Not all games have the playset feature turned on in the PDX Mods backend. We'll turning it on as we get OK:s from the game teams.
  • Mods that are not flagged as supporting your OS will now have a notification of that attached
  • An option to activate the playset you are currently viewing / editing in the little menu
Changes
  • Improved messaging when closing the launcher during ongoing operations
  • Improved messaging when a mod name is already taken (usually by you, earlier ;) )
  • Startup time improvements
  • Removal of the "news" section when no news are available
  • Launcher update completion now more visible
Fixes
  • Some layout bugs in the login window
  • Mod uploading of mods bigger than 1GB
  • Text validation in input fields now working as expected
  • Database connection timeout handling

And to all, much merriment and a beauteous new year!

/D2O

• 1Like
Reactions:
After an update to the launcher today the launcher apparently wants to keep uploading my playset to a cloud and it is then deleting my local mods from the playset whether I tell it to use my local settings or cloud settings. How do I fix this or disable this annoying cloud sync.

After an update to the launcher today the launcher apparently wants to keep uploading my playset to a cloud and it is then deleting my local mods from the playset whether I tell it to use my local settings or cloud settings. How do I fix this or disable this annoying cloud sync.
Please exit the launcher and delete the file launcher-v2.sqlite in the Documents/Paradox interactive/ folder for any affected game. Does that help?

Nah tried that yesterday after looking it up in search and it didn't work. I ended up just reinstalling the entire launcher after deleting the files in AppData which resolved it (though I had to unsub and resub to all my mods as well).

Would it be possible to make a thread/site on what the launcher is capable of? Like synchronisation with steam save games, better support of games, etc.
You know the selling point.
The thing is, I almost only play paradox games in the little spare time I have and because of your Linux support, I want to support you as much as I can.
PARADOX YAY!! ;)

Could there be a toggle to disable cloud syncing? It occasionally starts to spam me with "cloud state different, which do you want to keep?"
I only have one machine. I won't use this feature and I'd prefer if it didn't bother me about syncing anything.

Ideally, the cloud sync should never spam you - So that's clearly a bug. I'd rather fix that than make janky workarounds ;) Still, if the problems don't go away I'll take "disable sync" under advisement!

Now, could you tell us a bit more about how the problems come about? Do you use exclusively Steam Workshop, PDX Mods, local mods or a mix? Did you interact with PDX Mods web application before the notifications? Do you have any indication or hunch on what may have triggered the desync - resetting system clock perhaps?

Everything fine with my internet and the launcher suddenly refuses me to log in. I’m tired of launcher issues and I can’t understand why managing mods and playsets is tied with an account and requires me to log in.

Reactions:
Currently no launcher can log in. AWS outage, DDOS, whatever is going on with the servers.

1638906853606.png

1638907703261.png

If this causes issues with playsets, steam mods etc, then you should think really hard if such inherently local functionality should be tied to an always-on model.

1638907344074.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Amazon is back for me now.

If this causes issues with playsets, steam mods etc, then you should think really hard if such inherently local functionality should be tied to an always-on model.

Huh, that is pretty bizarre, I guess it is part of some newer launcher design as I by default block all outgoing connections from software (including PDX launcher) and I have been always able to edit, add etc. playsets and active mods. Though I am using older version of the launcher (2021.7.1) since it works and I have had bad experiences on about upgrading the launcher.

Related to that playset syncing: is there option to opt-out of it? I would think it should be opt-in rather than opt-out. I have no interest sharing my playsets made for my own use publicly, or getting randomly restricted from editing them.

edit: and obviously the playsets should always be modifiable even if the user has no Internet connection available at the time, be it because Paradox's servers are down, user's internet is down or the user is just blocking the launcher.

Last edited:
Huh, that is pretty bizarre, I guess it is part of some newer launcher design as I by default block all outgoing connections from software (including PDX launcher) and I have been always able to edit, add etc. playsets and active mods. Though I am using older version of the launcher (2021.7.1) since it works and I have had bad experiences on about upgrading the launcher.

Related to that playset syncing: is there option to opt-out of it? I would think it should be opt-in rather than opt-out. I have no interest sharing my playsets made for my own use publicly.
Idea is to share the playset between your own installations - like 2 computers, an xbox and similar.
They added this just now in latest launcher, with all the related issues.

Patch notes are pretty unclear on what/when and how stuff gets shared. Eg. how int interacts with mods from Steam (I don't think I have ever used PDX's mod backends with Stellaris for example, the only time I remember using it wiht was game pass CK3).

In anyways, any cloud syncing should be opt-in and it obviously should not break any features even if the cloud servers are not available for any reason.

Indeed - Clearly an oversight, and one we are now aware of and formulating a solution for. In the mean time, should the servers prove temperamental again, cloning the playset will give you a working copy for you to edit that is not tied to an account.

@rubert - More information on playset ownership can be had here. And yes, of course the aim is to not break any existing features when we introduce new ones. In this case we almost succeeded ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Indeed - Clearly an oversight, and one we are now aware of and formulating a solution for. In the mean time, should the servers prove temperamental again, cloning the playset will give you a working copy for you to edit that is not tied to an account.

@rubert - More information on playset ownership can be had here. And yes, of course the aim is to not break any existing features when we introduce new ones. In this case we almost succeeded ;)
Will uploading a mod be not tied to an account?

Status
Not open for further replies.