• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

exaenae

Corporal
24 Badges
Jan 29, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Aquileia
Traditions - Yearly Navy Tradition: +0.5 / Naval Force Limit Modifier: +25%

1) Patriarchate of Aquileia - Prestige Decay: -1%
Founded in 539, the Patriarchate of Aquileia was at its height one of the largest independent Italian states.​
2) Aquileian Legacy - Core-Creation Cost: -10%
Some of our originally owned lands aren't even considered part of the Patriarchate at the moment. We must set this right.​
3) Volchero and Bertrand - Idea Cost: -5%
In the early 13th century, under Volchero and Bertrand the Patriarchate flourished economically and culturally. By reminding people of these times we can flourish once more.​
4) Repopulate Aquileia - Development Cost: -10%
In the 14th century, the city of Aquileia was destroyed by earthquakes, depopulated by famines and reduced to only a few hundred citizens. This caused the capital of the province to be moved elsewhere. We must repopulate our namesake and make it glorious once more.​
5) Constitutiones Patriae Foriiulii - Negative religious tolerance no longer gives any penalties
In March 1355, the Aquileian parliament codified a consitution for Friuli, called the Constitutiones Patriae Foriiulii. Even though it was amended a few times, this remained the backbone of our fundamental law.​
6) Piu a forma di repubblica che di principato - Stability Cost Modiifer: -10%
Friuli under the patriarchs had more the form of a republic than of a principality, as described by Count Girolamo di Porcia. We can reinforce this belief to make for a more stable country.​
7) Adriatic Trade - Diplomatic Technology Cost: -15%
There is no escaping the fact that most Mediterranean trade routes flow through the Adriatic. Unfortunately for us, these lucrative trade routes are mostly controlled by Venetian and Ragusan merchants. Ensuring improvements in trade technology is vital if we want to remain competitive in this market, at least until we can come up with a more permanent solution.​
Ambition - Light Ship Combat Ability: +15%

---

Montferrat
Traditions - Yearly Prestige: +1 / Fort Defense: +20%
1) Palaiologoi - Yearly Legitimacy: +1 / Chance of New Heir: +50%
The Palaiologos dynasty ruled over the Byzantine empire until its very demise. This, however, did not mean the end for the dynasty itself, as its members are still thriving in our very own nation.​
2) Crusader State - Morale of Armies: +10%
Some Marquises of Montferrat participated in the crusades. Some would never come back, while some would be immensely succesful, taking over swathes of territories from the infidel. We must honor these brave men and remind our men of what they are protecting.​
3) Revised Tax Policies - National Tax Modifier: +10%
In order to secure more income for the state, we have decided to revise our tax collection policies. (I know this one's a bit generic but honestly I ran out of material to work with at this point)​
4) Conrad of Montferrat - Yearly Army Tradition: +0.5
Conrad of Montferrat was a northern Italian nobleman. He was one of the major participants in the Third Crusade and the de facto king of Jerusalem. We can learn from his successes.​
5) Develop Montferrat - Development Cost: -10%
In order to make our nation more sustainable, we must encourage development of cities, as well as spend our wealth to found new ones.​
6) Montferrat Renaissance - Idea Cost: -10%
We are part of Italy, the cradle of the renaissance. The strong impact of the renaissance is no less felt in the Margraviate of Montferrat than it is in Rome or Venice.​
7) Fecisti Patriam Diversis de Gentibus Unam - Accepted Culture Threshold: -20%
Italy is culturally divided, but we must spend our efforts to be more accepting of other Italians. Only then can our nation prosper.​
Ambition - Land Force Limit Modifier: +33%

---

I feel like these are ideas aren't quite as good as some of my other ones, because I made these quite early on in my idea making ventures, so they are lacking the detail some of my other ones are and I just wanted to get them out of the way. Still, I hope they're not too strong (in fact I just went over Montferrat in my head and they might be a tad too good but still).

NEXT TIME - Corfu and Epirus (two idea sets I'm quite fond of)

Reactions:
Upvote 0
U should make a mod out of this and if not what do you think about me using your ideas if they are all hopefully balanced for my mod ?
I am actually making a mod with all the ideas I'm posting here, but there's no specific release date. You're free to use any ideas you want though.

I am actually making a mod with all the ideas I'm posting here, but there's no specific release date. You're free to use any ideas you want though.
Is it just your ideas? Or are you incorporating other ideas into it (Maybe tweaking them to your liking or something)?

Is it just your ideas? Or are you incorporating other ideas into it (Maybe tweaking them to your liking or something)?
Only mine currently but I'd have no problem incorporating others as it is fairly simple.